Blizz listen... Mercy Players are talking to you

Well I know this thread will get a lot of other people butthurt cause yet another Mercy Thread. But I wanna voice my opinion. And hope that Blizzard does something to finally make Mercy a fun hero again.

Dear Blizzard,

ever since I joined Overwatch I really enjoyed Mercy. I found her fun to play. I never saw a problem with Hiding away when I heard a Gravaton flying in. My team wanted me to stay hidden anyway. So I could swoop in, and Resurrect them. It felt great getting of a 3-5 Man Rezz. If I got killed while flying, well sucks but ye I tried. When I started playing comp, 80% of the time when I picked my favourite hero : Mercy half my team flamed me and said she was to underpowered and no good, well they never complained when I got off my Rezz tho. You buffed her with an Immortality Buff (in my opinion… not the right thing) And I think you changed something on the system so a bunch of “Noobs” hit the High Ranks like GM. A System got abused and people were of course annoyed. For a while people complained then that Rezz was no fun Ability and that Hiding away and stopping healing wasnt meant to be played that way. Well it was okay tho, when she was “underpowered?” When you reworked her, you said Mercy should be in the fight and contributing there. And not hide away and Ult then. But when you look into your own heros a lot of heros ( “hide” ) position themselfs for their ults, and while they position (hide) they dont contribute either. Isn’t that kinda a double standard?

Well you changed Mercy and at first I wasn’t mad about the changes. I did enjoy them it felt fun to play her (ye she was brokenly overpowered n stuff) but yea you hit her with a bunch of Earthshatters in the Back. She is not unplayable she still does her healing. Her ult is somewhat powerful. But its so unfun.
I have no fun anymore playing Mercy none at all. Rezz right now feels so unrewarding, its just that I press the button once someone got picked off, First to do gets it. 90% of my Rezz can only be pulled of behind a Barrier or a wall or some safe place - I don’t rezz in the middle of the map when there is nothing that can cover me atleast for the Rezz. Honestly the way the Ability is, you can just delete it now… It would honestly not make any difference to me.
Valkyrie: It was meant to enhance all of Mercy’s Abilitys and make her the Guardian Angle. I liked that Idea. Basically Mercy on Steroids… Well right now its Mercy in Spectator Mode pressing M1 and sometimes M2. Yaaaa-…aayy?
After all, all I do is press M1 and then Shift to the next target to Press M1 and then when my team wants to go in I press Q and spectate the fight while pressing M1. Sometimes when the fights over I rezz the 1 person that might have died…
I am bored to death with my once favourite hero. Its so boring to play her, its been for a while now. With constant Nerfs and changes. And I do understand some of them but can’t we instead of Nerfing everything buff some stuff then?
I mean why can Brigitte be such a pain in your butt and others not?

Why can she as a support be a tank, a dps, a heal? Why can she heal AND give armor? But Mercy right now is only “allowed” to be a heal bot? Its frustrating to me. Mercy was my favourite hero for a very long time. But now it feels like the devs totally Ignore most of the feedback here. Why cant you go out and say “YES we hear you. We are thinking about stuff. What do you think?” there is so many people that could tell you a lof of stuff that might make her Fun again. And balanced. I dunno Ive seen plenty of stuff that could work.
Just accept that some players may feel like I do. And I’ve seen some do feel the same, they feel like Mercy is just boring and no fun anymore.
So I ask you kindly Blizzard. Listen to the Feedback given to you. Listen to the Mercys. Listen to Eevee, Listen to Animatic and all the others that actually created content for her. Listen to the Players. To the OTHERS as well!
Listen to us.

To Forum:
Please don’t go round insulte others, please don’t say “Ugh another Mercy Thread” If you don’t like it thats fine, just don’t read it then. Or if you read it leave productive Feedback and your own thoughts. After all the Forum is for voicing problems and opinions.

Edit: They can effing remove Rezz completly I would not care bout that. I just want her to be fun again. She isn’t to ME currently.
And as I said if you dont really have productive Feedback and just wanna go “Another crying Mercy” “Another hide rezz b” “another who wants her back to op ness” just dont bother replying…

71 Likes

I think Mercy is in a good place right now. She’s on the same level as most of the other supports, and let’s heroes like Ana get some spotlight. She’s still fun to me when I play her. I don’t see why a nerf to the amount of healing she does leads to her not being fun. They haven’t taken away any abilities, she’s still got the same kit.

9 Likes

I’ll never understand how hiding then pressing shift+Q is more fun than Valkyrie.

48 Likes

Oh look, a meme.

Hide and Rez only existed because Blizz’s SR system was like “More rezzes = More SR.” Otherwise, it was not a good strategy.
Tempo Rez was superior in terms of impact on the game.

24 Likes

That’s not completely accurate. Tell me, what was wrong with letting a few more teammates die after two are already dead so as to get maximum value out of your hard-earned res?

3 Likes

I didn’t make this thread cause of the healing nerf. For me its no big impact. On that regard. As I said she is quite balanced but playing her isnt funny to me anymore.
@Kiwi: Well I never really just hid away. I just positioned myself and when stuff happend I waited out and then Rezzed when the Team was wiped. With Valk I just fly around a bit. I guess its personal prefference. I had more fun when the Rezz was a thing. Could also be cause it was exciting cause I knew I contributed something with Valk its like Yes I contribute but I dunno I just dont feel excitement about that. I feel just like spectating more.

This. She’s still largely the same hero she was since day one, except now the other supports can actually join in with the meta now. I’ll never, ever understand all this Mercy crying when the only thing about her kit that has changed is her ult, which requires a Mercy to actually do something with her kit rather than just hide and stand there.

5 Likes

Paragraphs

Use them.

And you’re talking to a wall imo.

Mercy players just want her OP and extremely unfun 5 man rez back. That’s it. They want to screw the game up, make it unfun for everyone, and go against what every owl pro, every streamer, and every other player who doesn’t one-trick mercy has said. They care only about hiding, hitting Q, and feeling super valuable for making the other team’s hard work and actual skill go away so this hiding rez bot can have more ‘fun.’ They call themselves a heal bot now, because healing isn’t fun, but hiding and hitting Q to reward her for letting her team die was somehow fun to these mercy OTPs. Im glad mercy is finally not must pick in this meta, because it’s about time other supports, those that actually want to keep the team alive, rather than hide, can shine.

14 Likes

I think the Rez ult was only fun for the Mercy. It meant that the rest of your team would get minimal healing since Mercy would probably be hiding away in a room. But also the enemy team has put in all of their ults to kill your team, and then Mercy comes in uses 1 ult to undo it all.

4 Likes

Meme?
Should read op’s post I merely commented on what was written.

3 Likes

Honestly in the end I think Mercy got Rezz way to fast. If you were doing loads of healing, which was easily done by healing tanks prioritized. You had it like every fight… that was a problem in my opinion. So I would say not “hard-earned” But yea I dunno maybe Im wrong with that ^^

Mercy compared to other supports now:

Second worst winrate in bronze.

Second worst winrate in Silver.

Second worst winrate in Gold.

WORST winrate in Platinum.

Second worst winrate in Diamond.

WORST winrate in Masters.

WORST winrate in GM.

But highest healing output at ALL ranks (nearly beaten by Moira).

“she’s fine”. :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

She’s still the same hero. So you mean you want to go back to when Mercy was so OP that other supports weren’t even an option?

4 Likes

Those stats are inaccurate.

5 Likes

Sorry but the same phrase since the Rework day one and after every nerf.

And after all this nerf, neither a fix to her fire meter. NEITHER THAT.

7 Likes

She’s not in a good place. period

2 Likes

She’s the most balanced she’s ever been.

3 Likes

It’s your opinion, sorry.

1 Like

Do you think she’s still too OP or too weak?

1 Like