🐦 The Last BASTION of Hope (A Community Made Bastion Ultrathread) OVER 300 LIKES!11!

Seems like they’re a bit busy with the whole playable ai characters, but they got on that real quick!

2 Likes

Ohh look bliz secretly has the bastion rework in this vid
http s://clips.twitch.tv/BlazingImpartialNeanderthalThunBeast

If this were to actually happen, I would Rejoice.

Even if i had to relearn how to even Play Bastion, Just to add some skill and Solo playability to him, I wouldn’t even mind At All.

2 Likes

The only way to give him more skill is to ditch the turret form and adapt to aerial combat.

Helicopter that is.
:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Nope. I know you’re probably being sarcastic but I would never do that.

3 Likes

Helicopter alternate form.
Just fly to the skybox and drop in sentry form to mow people down.

4 Likes

Give Bastion Phara’s Jetpack in sentry :3

And conc to push genjis away!

“Slowly rises Above a Wall”

Hello, Friends.

[I]

“Sentry Gun Begins Spinning”

3 Likes

01001010 01110101 01110011 01110100 01101001 01100011 01100101 00100000 01110010 01100001 01101001 01101110 01110011 00100000 01100110 01110010 01101111 01101101 00100000 01100001 01100010 01101111 01110110 01100101 00100001

oh great, we can’t post regular binary anymore without extra text :P

2 Likes

That kinda sucks.

(Please explain to me, why i already had a Binary Translator pulled up.)

2 Likes

Because you are a true Bastion main.

2 Likes

I would like to re-define the camps based on the specific Mode(s) we want to see buffed, and what sort of buffs we want to see for the Mode(s) we feel should be improved.

BUFF RECON (Rifle)

Rifle

Reduce the speed at which the Recon Rifle’s bloom expands. If this is supposed to be Bastion’s only reliable long-range weapon, it needs to actually be reliable. His enormous hit-box doesn’t allow him to duel at a distance like Soldier:76, and the nerfs to his Sentry Gun prevent him from trading fire with Widowmaker and Hanzo like he used to. The current bloom recovery also isn’t good enough to let Bastion out-play other heroes in close-to-mid-range duels, because he’s as big as a Tank Class hero without having the same toughness or close-range damage as a Tank Class hero. Even his Sentry Mode isn’t good at dueling, because it cannot maintain medium range and has trouble tracking opponents who stand inside of him.

BUFF RECON/SENTRY (Mobility and Positioning)

Speed Burst

As a cool-down E ability in Recon Mode: Bastion transforms his legs into his tank treads, allowing him faster horizontal movement and the possibility of making farther jumps. Either way, Bastion gains a little more ability to safely and quickly traverse the map, as well as to reach better firing positions for Sentry Mode, while still being less mobile than the other Defense heroes. This ability might also work in Tank Mode, or else Tank Mode might get a passive buff to speed.

Climbing

As a cool-down E ability in Recon Mode: Bastion climbs walls at half the speed of Genji or Hanzo, or fires grappling wires like Widowmaker which fly out just as fast, but which reel him up at half speed or less. Either way, Bastion gains a little more ability to safely and quickly traverse the map, as well as to reach better firing positions for Sentry Mode, while still being less mobile than the other Defense heroes. This ability might also work in Tank Mode.

BUFF SENTRY (Resistance)

Anti-CC

As a cool-down E ability with short duration: in Sentry Mode, Bastion applies anchors to the ground which prevent him from being moved from that position or knocked out of Sentry form by abilities like Halt, Charge, or Hook. The cooldown for this ability doesn’t start until he leaves Sentry Mode.

Extremely Weak Shield

Give Bastion’s Sentry Mode an even more limited version of Zarya’s shield as an E Ability. He cannot fire while using it. It can only recharge in Recon Form. It has a short duration, and only protects from the front. Can protect against Charges, Hooks, and explosives like Pulse Bombs, Helix Rockets, and Pharah primary shots. He can still heal while using it.

BUFF SENTRY/TANK (Toughness)

Ironclad

Apply Ironclad as soon as transformation to Sentry or Tank Mode begins; increase Ironclad percentage for Tank Mode to 30%.

Armor

Remove Ironclad, bring back bonus armor that applies as soon as transformation begins; apply lesser armor bonus to Sentry.

BUFF TANK (Toughness)

No Self-Damage

Remove self-damage from Tank Mode shots. This is a minor buff which can be applied together with any other buff on this list. Seriously, Bastion’s Tank Mode accuracy beyond short range is horrible, it can’t gain altitude like Pharah and Junkrat, and Junkrat doesn’t even take self-damage from any of his explosives anymore.

BUFF TANK (Accuracy)

Projectile or Reticle Size

Increase the hit-box size of Bastion’s tank projectiles to something much larger than a tiny bullet, such that clipping someone or something with the animated projectile will trigger its explosion. Currently, you can miss anything by a hair as the projectile clips through it and keeps sailing far past your target. Or at the very least, remove the large hexagon around Bastion’s tank-mode reticle – it’s deceptively large and inaccurate.

BUFF TANK (Unpredictability)

Abort Ultimate like McCree

Allow Bastion to end Tank Mode prematurely by pressing Shift to enter Sentry Mode, just as McCree can prematurely end his own Ultimate when he needs a faster firing rate.

Variable Ultimate Duration

Change the duration of Tank Mode so that the Ultimate does not end until Bastion has fired a certain number of shots, so that Bastion may continue to behave like an ambush predator by laying in wait for prey… and allow Bastion to end Tank Mode prematurely by pressing Shift to enter Sentry Mode, just as McCree can end his own Ultimate.

BUFF TANK (Flexibility)

Additional Ultimate Mode: Artillery

Give Bastion’s Ultimate an additional, immobile Artillery Mode as an analogue to Sentry Mode, which fires the explosive shells in an arc that can clear walls and land on roofs, like Junkrat’s primary fire.

MAJOR REWORK

Change Bastion's Modes

Remove Tank Mode from the game entirely, make old Sentry Mode into Bastion’s Ultimate, and replace current Sentry Mode with an immobile Artillery Mode that arcs explosive shots over walls and onto roofs, like Junkrat’s primary fire.

Overclock Bastion's Modes

Nerf Tank Mode’s firepower, buff its speed, and make it an E Ability reconfiguration. Bastion’s new Ultimate would instead improve the performance of all of its modes, returning Sentry Mode and Tank Mode to their former glory for a short time and making the Recon Rifle better as well.

REVERT

Blasphemy

Revert Sentry Mode to its old bloom and restore its headshot ability. Reward Bastion players for having good aim.

I’ll add it to the main post. :slight_smile:

hi i got an idea for bastion while bastion is in sentry mode give him a short and wide barrier with a slight curve that stays in-front of where bastions looking and stays lvl (so goes left and right does not go up or down) with the floor with 150 sp that will add 150 over time and heal his shield if bastion is dmg buffed by a mercy and/or supercharger bastion can no longer have his dmg buffed by mercy ana and orisa instead he has a heat system the hotter his gun gets the faster it fires and the more dmg it does up to 5x dmg and 2.5x fire rate depend on how much heat he has and cutting his barrier to 1/6 sp when hes dmg buffed and 1/3 sp dependent on heat lvl as well at the risk of over heating his mini gun and causing a coolant reload 10 sec and losing his shield for 15 secs his normal reload stays the same he effectively becomes a pill box great at holding ground but cant advance with out support but can retreat with minimal support while in recon hes stay pretty much the same but he can use his self heal to heal heroes or torb sentry at half his norm rate but he can only heal only armor and shield so torb armor packs not bragette armor over heal as well he cant heal hp his armor healing goes to the max base armor vale of that hero cant heal barriers( note must have at least 1 armor point from torb to heal the full 75 armor value)
iron clad in sentry is also reduced to five percent iron clad shows its power in tank mode iron clad is at 25% second ult siege mode effectually siege tank from star craft but bastion can only see whats in line of sight of him and what his team see not line of sight of teammates he has five shots 2 sec delay between shots each eats 20% ult charge ult must be fully charged to use but can be canceled and retain the charge not used and held as long as needed no iron clad during siege mode no movement either when used each shot has 600 dmg on direct hit and 250 to 50 dmg splash blast radius is somewhere between tank and rip-tire main counters barriers facing up or under a roof no brainer each shot has a 2 sec travel time and has a limited range bastions self healing decreased in proportion to this re work over all configs thank for reading this please give feed back please i want to see if this will work or some of it and lore could be torb repaired and modified his barrier projectors ( i want a siege tank skin for bastion so bad XD

iv calculated bastion max dps but this dps will only last for halve second bastions max dps with my re work will be around 6562dps halve sec later of full-auto then over heat so in other words heat management is necessary high risk high reward or tactical play to push or slow the enemy team
heat slowly decays but builds per bullet fired normal heat continues decay over norm reload coolant reload completely cools mini gun when not over heated coolant reload can be triggered by pressing the ability key 3 sec cool down with 5 sec channel and no loss of shield
lets hope genji doesn’t learn of this XD bad new for bastion and any one near him
XD
o and if any of the devs read this please at least experament with my design
for the rework you dont have to is just my birth day is on the 24 of may and its my 21 and id apreciate it a lot if you just consider my re work as posible it dosent have to make it past the internal server i just want a chance for my rework to see the light of day

That used to be in the beta.
2 Likes

It truly must have been the Best of times, The beta…

Chibi is Angry that Chibi Never got to play the Beta Version of Bastion.

3 Likes

Any ideas are welcome, anything that can bring attentiom to our beepy boi.

2 Likes

The Question is, Can we either Lower Bastion’s… Loudness, Or make Bastion’s Loudness Actually Scary?

When Bastion used to ult, People Ran for cover… No longer do they do this.
They should fear for their lives upon hearing Bastion’s War Cry.

Fear Me!!

1 Like

They need to make his tank form an E ability with a 30 second cooldown, and reduced damage (like half what his ult damage now is), and increased speed.

His ult should be a tactical nuke and operate in exact same way as Doomfists ult targeting (minus the big black man falling from the sky).

This would give Bastion more mobility and scouting damage on a lower cooldown, and his ult would be more effective as an area of effect / zone control.

1 Like