šŸ¦ The Last BASTION of Hope (A Community Made Bastion Ultrathread) OVER 300 LIKES!11!

My only fear is that Good Bastion players will be like, Reported in mass, out of
Pure Rageā€¦ (More so than they already are nowā€¦)

I get a LOT Of Salty Reports/Messages on Console, Due to someone running directly at me, Because they thought i was an Easy killā€¦ :joy_cat:

I would hate to see people get punished for making better use out of their Mains like thatā€¦ Already Kinda happened to both Symmetra And sombra playersā€¦

Now that i think about it, Most of those Reports come from Junkrat mains specificallyā€¦ :thinking: I donā€™t have anything against junk mains, But they really should know better than to run head first at a Bastionā€¦ Is this how they think the game plays nowadays?

2 Likes

Oh yeah when I played bastion 3 days ago in low gravity for fun, I kept killing this McCree who flew at me with the low gravity and I killed him every time. Later added me to tell me that I was ā€œa sh*tty mercy main with no skillā€ just because I played mercy season 7. (Which is last time I played comp, I donā€™t like comp)

People are just easily mad but thatā€™s what we have to deal with. If bastion buffs come out and a good player is annoying people, then thatā€™s the peoples problem. Again with my last statement, Genji, Tracer, Etc, can have extremely good players and the enemy will get mad about that if thatā€™s how they are.

1 Like

I made a rework for Bastion as well. Without seeing this post, or the one referenced here, I made similar thing like camp 3 and 4 mixed together. You can read about the changes on page 31.
Read about them below:
h ttps://docs.google.com/document/d/1kLBU0SaqpILEBRnGoXiyFsjb7k4CKt-VPR8XZvvIhRY/edit?usp=sharing (Added a space in link.)

1 Like

I think bastion as a character is balanced. But the team itself needs to play a certain way for it not to be risky

Whenever I get a bastion main I always switch to ana and try my best to pocket while my teammates do orisa and try to play around bastion

I will say though it is a little unfair that junkrat takes 0 damage from mines and grenades but bastion cannot rocket jump during ult without having to heal, seems a bit biased

1 Like

Over 200 hundred likes! This is pretty cool. If we get enough notice we may get one orange post. Keep it up!

2 Likes

People are too used to not seeing a Bastion, or when they do easily dealing with him, that as soon as the Tracer dies consistently to a Bastion more often the Tracer will complain because suddenly her easy pray is killing her.

4 Likes

Iā€™m going to try some sort of crazy ritual for summoning Lord Jeff to the thread

2 Likes

Some one @ dinoflask. Maybe it will take memes to reach him. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey Iā€™m trust level 3 now!

2 Likes

How do you check that??

Iā€™d like to see an ability that ā€œOverclocksā€ Bastionā€™s CPU, which increases Bastionā€™s rate of fire and movement speed. This resource would also tie back into his resource for Repair, so he canā€™t use the Overclock while also Repairing, and the Bastion player would have to manage the resource carefully.

2 Likes

http://red-rose.com/forum-trust-level/?bnetId=terranguard%2311978

this is a script one of the users put together put in you battle tag. Yours would be DekuNut#1500 and it tells you your trust level.

Iā€™ve already done it for you. Youā€™re trust level 2.

2 Likes

Well thats neat :slight_smile:

1 Like

That ties to what Terranguard said in his camp 4 somewhat, but having overclock on a resource meter sounds interesting.

1 Like

It is interesting. Balancing around resource management like tracer could be cool. I would personally think it would be beneficial to the character to have something like this.

1 Like

I feel like we already balance around a couple resources. We have our limited healing, and a long reload timer on our sentry mode ammo. Iā€™d be scared to have to manage more and more.

I just feel like my ideas on Bastion change everytime I think about it.

Realistically he is a very delicate character and making more of his kit dependent of resource management would make him that much better at the higher tiers and that much weaker at the lowers.

Having a shield tied to your healing resource isnā€™t quite what I think would help him but something more like the pulse idea so you can have split second decisions to pulse to kill some one or heal to survive them.

But thats just an idea. Food for thought i guess :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are you telling me that this thread hasnā€™t been Talked in/About in Four days?!

I will not have that.

Bastion needs to be talked about, Even if almost everything has already been saidā€¦

Lets talk about Camp one, for Instance.
No matter if you call it a ā€œRevertā€ Or not, i personally think it would be the Best possible direction for Bastion.

4 Likes

When ever i think of having old sentry im like, damn i would have so much more power compared to what i got right now.

Almost feels like its too much in some situations, but in my opinion its because we got used to deal much less in current state.

Thats why even small buffs would be a bless for us.
(at least for some)

Maybe one day they mill make a null sector event where you play as omnic and maybe then they will look more into bastion like they did with the reaper.
I bet they played reaper and were like:

ā€œman this reaper sucks, he needs somethingā€

and then they buffed him a bit.
#MakeBastion :o2::parking:
ā†‘not really this is a joke ā†‘

2 Likes

Yeah lets :slight_smile: personally I lean towards camp 3 and 4 more myself. I love playing in sentry as much as the next bastion main so I dont want them to have a repeat of what happened last time.

Iā€™m still partial to some form of resource management with the character.

I want him to be a hard to play character that can not easily be effective, but in the right hands he should be a monster without a shield.

3 Likes