šŸ¦ The Last BASTION of Hope (A Community Made Bastion Ultrathread) OVER 300 LIKES!11!

He used to be built to relocate and play precisely.

But now instead they clapped Bastions a$$ and sent him behind a shield

1 Like

I do remember those days in which a Bastion could play Solo, Which is actually what made me Main Bastion in the first placeā€¦

I have always been a ā€œLone Wolfā€ Gamer, of sortsā€¦ So when i first joined OW I played mainly Bastion/Widowmaker/Mccree.
(Besides ā€œMainingā€ Zenyatta for a few of the first seasons of Comp)

3 Likes

People got PTSD and asked for devs to rework Bastion very simply because they were too incompetent to shoot an alone Bastion that took 9 years to reconfigure

Spelling edits were made

1 Like

This. Pre-rework Bastion was like the Roadhog of DPS heroes because of his self-heal. It didnā€™t matter what the rest of your team was doing. If you were an amazing Bastion player, you didnā€™t have to depend on your team for anything. Bastion didnā€™t need babysitting because Bastion could end fights in a fraction of a second and then pick up and move before getting overwhelmed.

As a support main, I am used to depending on myself for my own survival and healing. Heroes like Soldier, Bastion and Roadhog are naturally easy to pick up from the healing perspective because of the similar ability to self-sustain. Unfortunately, in nearly any situation where I could pick Bastion, either Roadhog or Soldier: 76 are strictly better options since Bastionā€™s rework. Before the rework, Bastionā€™s raw damage output made him a niche pick, but an incredibly effective pick in that role and most importantly worth picking over Soldier or Roadhog when the team had mobility and tanking already covered.

3 Likes

Thank you for writing the words that i couldnā€™t find. :smile_cat:

This IS The exact point i was trying to make, Bastion didnā€™t need shieldsā€¦ And didnā€™t actually get Shielded very often, due to just how Easy it is to Ult a Deathball Comp.

(And that was Before Sombra was Even Releasedā€¦ O-o)

3 Likes

Iā€™m super happy with the attention that this thread is getting. Hopefully Iā€™ll get some in the Jeff variety :wink:

2 Likes

Very good job on the post! We can only hope that this gets spotted by the devs and maybe theyā€™ll actually say something! There has been a lot of talk about symmetra though. I imagine most of their work will be focused on that. Until then, we can just wait.

3 Likes

Thank you! :slight_smile: It wasnā€™t just me though, all of the people listed helped me out either directly or indirectly.

2 Likes

yea! I was actually one of those people on there! I didnā€™t directly help, but the more ideas we have, the better! Iā€™ve talked with terranguard a lot about him and played a little as well!

3 Likes

The more we get word spread out the more likely we are to see something from Blizzard :slight_smile:
Your ideas have helped a lot so I have to thank you for that.

3 Likes

Youā€™re welcome! haha We all gotta work together! I am starting to believe the devs might not have seen these posts, we just gotta keep at it! They finally fixed his tank shot bug too, so weā€™re a step in the right direction!

3 Likes

One day on one post we will see some sort of update for Bastion. Just got to hold on to hope.

And play the event in the mean time :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i love bastion they should just revert the sentry changes. Let him crit in sentry and he will be good

4 Likes

this guy gets it. :smirk:

3 Likes

Bastion really seems like he needs some help. Heā€™s a pretty weak hero other than in a few extremely niche situations such as on Junkertown. Blizzard donā€™t seem to be acknowledging many threads like these on the forums or really anywhere at all, thereā€™s the occasional comment, but there isnā€™t much developer response. All we can hope for is that Blizzard are reading, but not responding at least.

I think a problem that might arise with a Bastion rework/buff/etc is that there will probably be a lot of outcry saying that Bastion is now too strong. I donā€™t think this is a valid reason to not help him, however, but for heroes like Bastion, buffs can lead to some very vocal people getting upset, and it might lead to a Bastion nerf or similar, which is far from what anyone in their right mind wants.

Either way, Bastion needs help. Doubt Blizzard will take notice though.

3 Likes

This is the reason why i Personally Think that Bastion Might be the ā€œSomeone Elseā€ That Jeff mentioned, in This Post:

Not giving a name, As to keep the Knee Jerk reactions Downā€¦ Perhaps to later Buff Bastion while giving a lengthy reason? :thinking:

-ChibiFox :fox_face:
All we can do is Talk, And Hope at this point.-

2 Likes

It could be. Thereā€™s a few heroes that I hope Jeff is talking about, namely heroes like Bastion and Reinhardt.

The community has severe knee-jerk reactions to pretty much any buff or nerf, especially to niche or lower-pickrate heroes or those who currently have a bit of a ā€œtroll-pickā€ reputation, like Torbjƶrn or Symmetra. (Not that they are troll picks, but they definitely have a negative reception from a fair few players).

Hopefully heroes like Reinhardt and Bastion get some help soon.

3 Likes

As far as i can tell, They have given at least some kind Of reply about Most Of the Heroes, Especially the ā€œF-Tier Listā€, Yet Bastion seems to be the only one they are Dodging Questions aboutā€¦

Thanks for checking this thread out, And remember to always keep it Positive!

^,~

2 Likes

The thing is, the amount of people complaining about Genji, Tracer, Widow being annoying or op etc on the forums, but they havenā€™t really gotten any changes. Same with Moira and Brigitte. People just have to learn to have him in games if he gets some buff or change. As long as a buff to him isnā€™t too intense, then there shouldnā€™t be a problem.

3 Likes

Yeah. This exactly. I donā€™t agree with such opinions, but we all know for a fact that this community can get very vocal (to say the least) about such balance changes. I do think people should learn to adapt more instead of complaining.

3 Likes