šŸ¦ The Last BASTION of Hope (A Community Made Bastion Ultrathread) OVER 300 LIKES!11!

I rarely play Bastion, so Iā€™d be open to changes, but wouldnā€™t be devestated if they donā€™t happen. It definitely seems like a niche-pick, shield-breaking, pop-off hero. Soldier possesses less damage, but more sustainability and more viability in situations. The Mei changes will definitely help it. The two work well together, her wall helping the unit get into position in high vantage points, and she can freeze tanks and other targets to allow Bastion to have free picks.

1 Like

While I donā€™t particularly want a Bastion Meta, a swapped meta where the offence heroes are considered ā€œthrowā€ picks would be interesting.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s a really nice thread you have there!
Good job :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Not just mine :slight_smile:
Thank you though :slight_smile:
Iā€™m nowhere near creative enough as my fellow Bastions are :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Bastion will never be buffed if his buff increases the power of pirate ship.

I have suggested in a few threads that the only way to fix this is to place sentry on a cool down without the ability to reload. This would allow the devs to invest power in other areas of his kit while still allowing him to have mini bursts of power where the team can shove the objective.

I know itā€™s an unpopular opinion, but I donā€™t see them making a meaningful change without taking away bastions ability to always be in sentry mode

1 Like

The only way you could do something like that is if you tie the cooldown to his ammunition as in if you have 300 bullets not cool down where as if you ise 150 then it is 5 sec or whatever.

If you do anymore then that you might as well get rid of sentry and turn him into robo 76.

Thats just imo tho.

2 Likes

You have to think beyond that, Iā€™m talking about another major rework that would likely require assets be created (something they only do for reworks)

I lay out an example change in this thread here:

https://
us.forums.blizzard .com/en/overwatch/t/bastion-needs-a-change/60015/54

To me, bastion is fine but its counters are op. Consider how busted tracer genji and dva is in ow. And blizzard is never gonna nerf them.

2 Likes

If they arenā€™t going to nerf them, all the more reason to buff Bastion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

I never said the healing part, thatā€™s entirely separate from sentrymode. It should stay.

2 Likes

Well the original sentry mode orignially you couldnt heal while taking damage but i will take that out. Give me a moment

Edit: its done :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Other than that, I love the thread! Letā€™s keep it going, the Bastion Apocalypse Uprising Crisis (all the names together :3) must continue!

4 Likes

Thank you means alot. Hopefully we will get some notice here soon. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Although thatā€™s useful thatā€™s not enough. That encourages running which is not what heā€™s supposed to do. There is such a thing as retreating when needed which is when itā€™s useful, but if sentry remains itā€™s regular sucky self it will just make him run 90% of the time.

That looks perfectā€¦
E is a railgun shot thatā€™s basically one single shot from his tankmode on a cooldown that can possibly be charged to reach 205 damage.
and shift gets a barrier while also being more accurate.

3 Likes

Ok, If not a Simple Sentry revert, I want this.

That sounds Amazing, Actually.

Imagine Deleting a Tracer with a Perfectly timed Railgun Shotā€¦

The more i think about it, the more i like it.
Such a thing would be a ā€œSkill Shotā€ So even though it would ā€œDeleteā€ Annoying Tracers, You would have to have some pretty good aim.

5 Likes

My/Zirkelā€™s rework involves keeping sentry on Shift but putting a weaker Tankmode on E so they wouldnā€™t be flipped. Also, the tradeoff for tank is it has the lowest damage potential of all his modes. Sentry can do 525 or with a revert 1050 dps. Recon can do 160 or 320 on headshots dps while tank would do 133 dps (he fires every 1.11 seconds in tank).

Letā€™s make it our loudest last bid of all, although I donā€™t think weā€™ll overcome the ā€œBastion is being forgottenā€ thread.

4 Likes

Theyā€™re buffing all of the other F tier heroes so I have hope. Every single F tier is being buffed or has been addressed other than Bastion so far. IDK if I should feel happy or sad about that.

Maybe not but then we have more threads available for Blizzard to look at :slight_smile:

1 Like