šŸ¦ The Last BASTION of Hope (A Community Made Bastion Ultrathread) OVER 300 LIKES!11!

Way too lazy to read anything posted here, but I have a thought: let him heal while switching modes. Bam. Instantly more useful.

1 Like

Exactly, As much as I want turret to be buffed, blizzard might be avoiding that. They could just add headshots and spread reduction back for a simpler answer. You provide valid points for them to read though.

1 Like

you have a main hero but imagine he was considered a troll pick, that is bastion.

1 Like

You guys ever heard of a game called Gigantic? Well thereā€™s a character in that game named HK-206 and he does Bastion better than Bastion. Search up some gameplay if you wanna see what I mean.

1 Like

The reason why I want a revert is because Bastion used to be good. Those that could play him, could play him at a decent level.

Camp #2 is a problem because he doesnā€™t need more sustain otherwise why teamcomp that involves babysitting him would become too powerful imo.

Camp #3 Bastion isnā€™t going to get more mobility unless tank and sentry get flipped, but even they I want his mobility to come from tank jumping, not some passive where he can leap or climb walls. That belongs on Hanzo and Genji.

Camp #4 I would love if sentry and tank get flipped, but it would come down to the end result. If there are no tradeoffs for using tank then it would be pointless. Plus things like his hitbox would need to be addressed.

3 Likes

Honestly though all I would like is spread reduced, and healing while shooting.

Unfortunately, Camps 3 and 4 are probably the most likely thing that Blizzard will do to him since they donā€™t do reverts. :frowning:

1 Like

Thatā€™s not entirely true. They reverted a Hanzo arrow size reduction. Reverts are not off the table.

5 Likes

Fair enough then. But still something on this scaleā€¦

I would love it, but it still seems unlikely.

2 Likes

AH Iā€™m In the list!! :scream_cat:

This is an Amazing thread, btw.

Iā€™m glad i can Contribute in some Small way to Those who play this Wonderful hero!

Here, have this Twig. It is My Small Opinion, In the Forest that is this Forum:

-ChibiFox :fox_face:
I really do Hope that They are Listening to this feedbackā€¦-

5 Likes

You bet :slight_smile:

If there is anything that comes up in a discussion I can add it to the OP

2 Likes

Sadly, I donā€™t think Blizzard is going to listen, but itā€™s not worth giving upšŸ˜

4 Likes

Thank for the positivity :slight_smile:

You might be right but like the title says, this thread is a last bid of hope that they will hear us :slight_smile:

4 Likes

They are not likely to ignore this stuff, I would bet that they do read, and are compiling the info, but itā€™s likely that the oppressive heroes are more important to balance, and tone down, vs one who is just a shell of a hero.
Also just to note, the changes that Bastion needs are not likely to be just a value bump. Itā€™s very possible that another total rework might happen, and instead of little modifications, itā€™s better to go all out carefully.

I highly doubt that they just merrily missed the 0.58% pick rate number, and think itā€™s all good. =P I hare more faith in the devs than that.

3 Likes

My girlfriend is a therapist who works with PTSD patients primarily. I had her watch that cinematic, and she went out to buy Overwatch JUST to play as Bastion since she loved it so much.

7 Likes

Bastion has one of the most unique and complex characters.

and he canā€™t even talk!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve played Bastion for so long I can recognize what all his beeps mean lmao

3 Likes

Most character donā€™t have lore so it makes sense.

1 Like

Fair point. Seriously though, the Bastion cinematic is almost as good as the Reinhardt one.

3 Likes

Bastion is in a similar place as a lot of heroes. One miniscule change can make them the lord of all, or absolutely useless. Especially in its case, since it possesses such firepower, tweaking it can be disastrous.

4 Likes

Which is IMO why I think we have seen nothing from the Devs yet. I fully believe they are testing lots of values, and having an issue with keeping him balanced short of a total design rework. I never want an OP hero, or else we have the OP Junkrat syndrome, where suddenly silver players got up to Diamond overnight, and now they dropped back down to silver. =P

1 Like