Bastion thread: The recent hitscan changes are good but

Bastion is still going to be the worst hero in the game. He is still going to be F tier in all ranks. Just remove ironclad and give him his barrier back (maybe not 1000 health, but start with 600 health and buff/nerf as needed) as a E ability and either reduce spread or give back headshots in sentry.

4 Likes

Just rework Bastion period. Any buffs are just instantly troll OP.

Or maybe you’re wrong TooLucid? Ever thought of that?

Anyways the most liked idea using a couple polls and threads is to just revert sentry anyways but it still annoys me that people keep making absolute statements like the whole “Any buffs are instantly troll OP” kind.

5 Likes

I don’t know. I’ve been here a while and I’ve yet to experience a patch where Bastion isn’t either OP or a niche pick.

1 Like

and some people still say there has been no good reworks

opinions can be varied and from what i hear yours is the minority

And in none of them did he ever get a straight up normal buff so really it doesn’t make sense to say a normal change would break him. Only the over the top reworks (I’m looking at you sentry change) broke him. Nobody wanted needed or asked for sentry to be reworked to be impossible to kill but at the same time destroying its damage and range. It was then promptly nerfed into oblivion.

the rework is what broke him.

1 Like

Are you here from the all reworks are bad thread?

There hasn’t been though.

1 Like

What I don’t like about the response system is I can’t see if you’re responding to TooLucid or not :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways if you’re talking about the OP, the OP is not in the minority. There are 2 megathreads on it because the first one filled up and I can point you to another big thread about it and 2 polls with the top 2 most liked changes being reduced spread and add headshots. So basically the rework is probably the most hated change on Bastion by everybody. It broke him and then made him worse than before the rework.

2 Likes

Not even because any posts about reworks or rework ideas there’s always one person saying they all suck.

Well, so far there really haven’t been any good ones yet. I don’t know what to call Hanzo’s because it’s almost good but Storm Arrows have been getting nerf after nerf.

1 Like

the whole point of removing scatter was to give tanks an actual chance instead of being one shot.

that’s still a thing because it does so much damage and instead of lowering the damage; fixing the reason why storm arrow existed in the first place, they do two useless nerfs, that needs to be reverted and the damage needs to be dropped.

Well I personally only think half sucked.

So basically the rework didn’t work out of the box and none of the subsequent changes fixed it? That sounds like all of the reworks. D.va’s is the only one I can think of that everybody kind of forgot about because it’s just normal now after the missile damage nerf and the fall of dive. That’s the most successful one yet. Or rather the only successful one.

theres only two that were bad out the gate and that was valkrie for them beating around the bush and wasting time and roadhogs which at least gave a great buff to his healing I’d take his new take a breather over his old gun anyday because it helps him keep up,

Bastions was great but the ironclad nerf was only complained about by console users and should have ONLY been for console.

the problem with symmetra 2.0 was that it showed auto lock was broken with how forgiving it was even doing extra damage when it detached and instead of even attempting to fix it they just removed it all together and ultimately nerfed her teleporter since you can’t charge from spawn anymore as well as remove all personal defensive options, the only reason her wall was made was so they wouldn’t have to fix her ultimate charge rate which is still ridiculous.

Hmm…I think one of bastion’s biggest problems is…what does he have aside from turret mode? If he had another option that wasn’t “go here and set up, then wait” I think he would have a lot more variety. Now variety doesn’t necessarily mean viable, but more than just hard countered by observant caution.

Recon which is almost perfect now but they decided for some unknown reason it was a good idea to reduce sentry damage by 2x potential damage and wreck its spread so really outside of sentry is fine for what he’s supposed to do.

Another popular idea is to allow him to use tankmode on E with a boost type ult. It’s basically the same rework they keep doing over and over again but it actually makes sense on Bastion. Why have 3 modes if one’s locked behind and ult? Why can’t he use all 3 of them?

Interesting. Not sure about a boost type ult. Maybe one that was similar to his beta version where he got a personal shield?

I particularly like this question.

1 Like

But it did fix that issue. Sure tanks can still be melted but they have a chance to respond. Previously if a scatter hit a Rein when his shield was down that was that. Now when Hanzo starts storm arrow spamming Rein can put up his shield and suddenly only ONE of them hit him.

Tanks have more then a chance to respond now.

Start with this

Sentry Revert
  • Configuration Sentry
    • Reduce maximum spread to 2° (Currently 3°)
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Headshots added
    • Ammo count reduced to 200 (Currently 300)
  • Ironclad
    • Passive damage resist removed
    • Only applies during self-repair
    • Damage resistance increased to 25%
  • Self-repair
    • No longer consumes resources when it cannot heal Bastion
    • Starts healing instantly instead of having an 0.5 second delay
    • Able to reload while repairing
    • Applies Ironclad for duration of repair
  • Configuration Tank
    • No self damage
    • Tread sounds reduced slightly
    • Adds 150 armor

If Blizz thinks he’s killing people too fast, and/or they want to raise his skill floor/ceiling, then replace the Sentry mode section with this

Slight Sentry nerf
  • Configuration Sentry
    • Damage reduced to 12
    • Headshots added
    • Bloom added to weapon
      • Initial accuracy of 1.25°, bloom starts after 0.3 seconds of continuous fire
      • Reaches a maximum of 2° after 0.3 seconds of additional continuous fire
    • Ammo reduced to 250
    • Deals 25% bonus damage to barriers

Boom, non-OP Bastion. If they went with the nerfed Sentry mode, his DPS will be lower in lower ranks where good headshot accuracy is less common, and he’ll do better in higher ranks where good headshot accuracy is more common. His barrier damage will remain unchanged, because it doesn’t make much sense to nerf that. Basically what they tried to do with the spread nerf, only it doesn’t feel awful to use because you miss 60% of your shots even with perfect accuracy.

If you want a full rework, then do this (It’s a Tank on E thread). The Sentry nerf thing also works there too, but I still think it’s better to start off slightly strong, and then make slight nerfs (assuming they do said nerfs on the PTR, and not in the following months…)