Bastion Rework already looks awesome

It has UNLIMITED RANGE. If you’re silly enough to use it someplace where red team can kill you while you’re immobile, that’s a you problem.

It’s like a Junk ult now. Duck someplace safe enough to use it and let 'er rip. The only limitation on it’s range is the duration of the ult itself. Move the reticle fast enough and the entire map is your bombing range.

If anything, it’s MUCH, MUCH safer than using his current tank mode, and with a lot better zoning potential. I’ll grant you that you lose a little bit of the hype of landing those sick tank mode shots on airborne targets which make sizzle reels so cool from time to time, but the max damage potential is nothing to scoff at either.

Have you read a single one of ChibiFox’s posts? They made it incredibly clear they wanted bastion to be a glass cannon. Now he’s even less of glass cannon then before. Shut up.

Like seriously, that guy telling you to embrace the change is like telling a communist he should be happy the (prehaps unwholsome infamous German party that started WW2) got elected because society is changing which is what they wanted.

1 Like

I dislike the removal of self repair honestly now that i think of it.

Pinpoint accuacy means nothing at close range. You need to hit the ability to get recon to be as good as it now at close range. And if you’re landing headshots in current recon mode you might kill them before it even explodes. With this recon mode though, if you are getting headshots the bomb will barely help you and if you aren’t you still take 1 second to kill him, not much less than just shooting him normally. Bastion doesn’t need a grenade. His self heal was the only team independence he had and now it’s gone. Bastion still has the hitbox of a tank and now he get even get knockedback in sentry mode, which is almost on its own cancels out the fact he can move, let alone the fact his damage has been tanked and he can only stay in sentry mode for 8 seconds before waiting on a 10 second cooldown. Sentry mode is so much weaker than it used to be. And recon is at best slightly better. Bastion self-heal is something you should be using mid combat whenever you have the chance. Without he is actually much weaker, and to be honest the grenade doesn’t really make up for it. In exchange we get an OP ultimate that we all know will be nerfed into the ground soon enough.

Can confirm.

Bouncy Bastion is terrifying.

39 Likes

Aw yeah sticky jump into sentry mode

Andy!! is there a possibility we will get confirmed tank changes soon?

– Thanks!

We’re not quite at the point where we’d be discussing those changes. Hopefully soon.

18 Likes

Thank you.

I’ve been playing D.Va for 5 years… so im still pretty… scared for new changes.

But thank you for being open!

2 Likes

Got six months to bang all that out, huh? Seems like a tall order to me.

2 Likes

It can be done… it doesn’t mean it will be properly balanced though. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Now Bastion got a better ultimate than Pharah.
I hope they rework her ultimate, than to be just a suicide button for OW2.

Me: “Aww man, i guess the removal of configuration tank means no rocket jumping anymore…”

AndyB: “Well actually-”

Me: :eyes:

2 Likes

Everyone has a better ultimate than Phara.

If specific changes aren’t ready to be discussed yet, would you mind telling us how different the developer’s current test build is from the build we saw at the last OW stream with the Bastion/Sombra reworks? Doesn’t have to mention any heroes or specific changes in particular, just if it’s very close to the build we saw or if it’s a lot different.

They said that all 32 already established heroes should be ready for the next OWL season, so we’ll probably get that info by next april :grin:

1 Like

Do you know when the next rework might be revealed or that we can get information about?

Bastion isn’t supposed to be safely tucked away when using his ult, he’s supposed to get in there and destroy things. Now they’ve made his ult easy to use just like 90% of them.

Everything that made bastion bastion has been destroyed or changed beyond repair.

3 Likes

You guys destroyed everything that made bastion who he is, and from his corpse you made a fat soldier 76 but with a sniper and no self heal.

4 Likes