Bastion really needs help šŸ˜­

PFFFT this guy is claiming to be some kind of pro now?

Well guess what people, iā€™m actually Jeff Kaplan.

Yea, you heard it rightā€¦ iā€™m Jeff, and welcome to this update vlog from my garage, hereā€™s all my books.

The real point here, is that this guyā€™s got no stats, and nothing to back any claim he makes, no matter how small.

Heā€™s a typical troll.

2 Likes

Hey, chibi, can you jump on bnet real quick?

1 Like

Overbuff Omegalulā€¦
But for real. I havent updated my o-b like for ages & cause my profile is private it doesnt show my rank either atm. (Plus I yet havent played my placements this season cause im waiting the big 2-2-2 to hit ranked before I start playing it again)

Who knows It but the tournament/scrims is already gone. Be or not to be thats the question for the future.

How come people are still playing him on owl & such? He cant be that bad cause owl players are playing him.

This is actually pretty funny that you still wont believe me tho & even use something like overbuff stats which arent even accurate with lot of things.

About your quote.

about the first one, I can tell that in bronze bastion has a ratio of 1,86% which is terrible low. but thats overbuff and i can tell you he is at least in 50-60% of the matches I had, bad luck i guess. In quickplay theres something i call ā€œthe bastionā€ card, when people play bastion just when they are losing and ā€¦they liked more to play another character butā€¦they rpefer to win even if is quickplay, no matter what.

I respect your opinion of course and you know more about bastion than me, but a lot of people prefer to play something else. In first person shooters usually is a bad mechanci that you do not have control about your character, also been stationary even with a lot of characters that are highly mobileā€¦can fly etcā€¦ feels underpowered (at least for some).

So his pickratio is not representative of him been underpowered, but maybe that his gameplay can be boring for some and too team dependable for others.

And about the second quote, I can point you to someone that played at pro level and basically said that ā€œwhy I would not play bastion?, basically cause I want to show off and justify why Im there, and so I do not play considered low skilled charactersā€.

Im taking about people with such level that want to show off to be picked and selected for a team (yes thatā€¦0.0001%?) ,

Once in a team, sure you can do everything you need to win (like that pirate ship in owl etc).
About metas. Im a casual player i do not pretend to know what works better or how to play a composition. Im a bad player that moved between gold and bronze up and down. Like most of the people in overwatch.

I can tell you that a bastion behind a shield in defense is something Ive seen for 3 years. it got exhausting. I hardly have seen a nice coordinated dive meta,ā€¦been a support hardly experienced that meta, but compositions alike.

I cannot say ive seen GOATS in action, same dealā€¦needed coordination people not solo joining together andā€¦playing that way.

But theres a META ive seen as the easiest strategy to win in quickmatch and competitive low elos. the bunker meta. And yes, I call it a meta cause is the most effective way to win a match. low risk, high reward.

This intrigues me greatly.

1 Like

2 Likes

Tell me how.

Youā€™re getting pretty heated up boi, chill out.

Bunker.

What is going on in my thread? :thinking:

1 Like

Not as effective as you think. Sombra/Hanzo puts a quick end to Bastion

1 Like

Heated?
Gosh now youā€™re seeing thingsā€¦

Iā€™m literally chilling with nothing to do, thinking about food, while waiting to see if anything intelligent comes from you.

x3
If anyoneā€™s ā€œHeatedā€ i donā€™t think itā€™s me.

2 Likes

It is effective. Idk why you mentioned hanzo because heā€™s irrelevant against bunker, and a half decent hog can sit on a sombra.

He can provide some really good shield-break. And he can also capitalize on it well if itā€™s broken. He can also send an ult straight into bastion

1 Like

Tanks need help way more than bastion does , DPS mains have a lot of other options.

Huh, no. Bastion is one of the least played hero in OWL. Plus everytime I see him getting played the enemie team always counter the bunker.

Your profile is in public.
Also, Overbuff remember the last rank you had if you updated it of course.
EDIT : Also, you played 14H ago according to Overbuff, so it mean that your stats are updated.
But anyway, you canā€™t make claim like this without fact and proof.

I want a proof. I donā€™t have any proof. Iā€™m a T500 Bastion main since season 1 and reached T500 during the Hanzo meta.
This is on my profile, I made video of it.

But you didnā€™t bring any proof, we should just believe you, that hilarious.
Plus, saying that the only one that should talk are pros and then say youā€™re one of them without any proof and fact is kind of weird.

Also, itā€™s not because youā€™re a pro or something that you need to impose your opinions to other saying there opinion is not even valid.

So whatā€™s is your true rank then ?

I agree with you on what you said. But weā€™re not gonna delete what make Bastion, Bastion. Or all the hero would be just like Soldier 76 replica.

1 Like

Shield break doesnā€™t work against bunker because the bastion pressures the attackers far more than shieldbreakers pressure the defense.

Dragon really doesnā€™t do anything.

to your answer, no, Im not into deleting any hero, ven briggite.

But he is so cheap in low levels and against not coordianted teams, while so bad in the contrary situations. That is an issue blizzard never adressed.

If we buff Bastion he will become viable in high ranks but a monster who canā€™t die in low ranks.

But itā€™s just how it is. If you want to rework him and transfer the power from his Sentry (again) to more defence then at a certain point he will just not be Bastion.

You cannot nerf his Sentry damage output even more. Or heā€™ll just become a cheap Soldier alternative.

Theyā€™re no issue that blizzard need to adress for bronze. You canā€™t balance a game for all ranks with hero that are all different, itā€™s impossible !

When Blizzard does it their own way. If I recall correctly, ironclad was their idea, not ours, and it did what you said. Old sentry wasnā€™t oppressive or he would have been played more then. Also pretty much the recon, swap speed, and healing changes where the most common requests.

also they left a known bug in for 2 years so it takes them 2 entire years of doing nothing about something they knew about.

1 Like

His pickrate is under 1% in silver now and itā€™s way under everywhere above that too. How is he a ā€œhuge part of bunkerā€ if heā€™s played less than a percent? If bunker has Bastion and assuming 100% of Bastion playtime was in bunker, bunker basically wouldnā€™t exist.

1 Like