Bastion really needs help šŸ˜­

Soā€¦ leave him be so bad heā€™s literally a meme? You literally canā€™t buff him without him being oppressive. He was wrongly designed, and needs a rework.

1 Like

The Overwatch Dev Teamā€¦

3 Likes

By getting good?

His not that bad btw. A while ago people were asking nerfs to him cause heā€™s still huge part of bunker. Why would you even wanna think about friiking rework a hero when devs already said PLENTY of times that they dont have any of them planned / arent gonna do those for a loooooooooooong time.

even if they wonā€™t do reworks anymore, bastion does need something, i canā€™t remember the last time i saw him in comp, period. and iā€™ve been in and out of gold for a while. youā€™d expect him to be used in lower elos at least.

4 Likes

Great explanationā€¦ bravo.

ā€œGet goodā€

WOW iā€™m really impressed.

Iā€™ve got 900 hours on this game, iā€™m level 1000 and i lose to level 12 Hanzoā€™s who know how to hold down the shoot button because itā€™s a simple numbers game.

Get smart real quick and open your eyes.

I will no longer reply to anything from you concerning balance unless you bring numbers and hero interactions into play.

6 Likes

Lmaoā€¦

If you cant think how to be good/how to play hero in gm yourself, you wont never climb that sr yourself.

Idc how much hours/levels you have on this game but you need to get smarter yourself buddy.

Ahā€¦ Nice to know that im talking with a person whos childish too.

No real argument justā€¦ limp ā€œcomebacksā€ and an assertion of assumed knowledge ofā€¦ some kind.

ā€œGet smarter lmaoā€

I get the feeling you might even be smarter than the dev teamā€¦ i wouldnā€™t tell your friends about that.

Ehemā€¦ might i add we would be talking, if you had any ground to stand on when it comes to facts and real balance discussion.

Iā€™m still waiting for those numbers.

1 Like

Why I would waste time with someone whoā€™s getting salty over small things though?

Im saying a fact that Bastion (neither any other heroes) doesnt need ANY kind of reworks & people who doesnt know anything about how balancing at this game works/those who arent pros, should not talk about how to balance this game.

And these people got the same pics you send to this thread.

Anyway, youā€™re against rework or not ? The devs said that they were working on more important things and that there will be no rework coming this year.
It doesnā€™t say that they will never rework/buff anything.

You still donā€™t know how to get good with him, so I donā€™t think you can argue that Bastion is a balanced hero that donā€™t need help.

And youā€™re ?

2 Likes

is interesting you picked up the ā€œthis weekā€ statistic the rest of statistics for this month, three months and six months are over 50% ā€¦with a 53,95%, 54,90% and 55,12% in winratio. Yes, for grandmasterā€¦in the other elos his winratio is over 50% most like but in bronze.

If you think it needs some rework done, we agreeā€¦but I fear that statistics just focusing in grandmaster and ā€œthis weekā€ are a terrible way to put it and aā€¦great way to bend facts to support your arguements.

Lets say that if you want to pick up some statistics, you need a longer period of time or a bigger sample, in this case with a 0.07%ā€¦that it is 0.28 % in longer periodsā€¦that is not useful not representative, and thats not how statistics workā€¦to be honest.

That as a side noteā€¦on another bastion is a character really really bad designed. He works basically on the sinergy basis, being underpowered by himselfā€¦as a huge glass cannon dependable on team and shields. In quickplay he destroys, against not coordinated teams or people that cant work together, they do not communicate he simply is THE difference between winning and losing.

As you rise the ranks people coordinate and are more used to those bunker strategies, and of course they even will switch to counter him to not let him win, focusing or simply diving which, makes things harder for him.

Give him a boost and this game for people like meā€¦casuals that only play in low elos and with people not even in voice chat, will be terrible, quickplay will be unplayable.

Nerf him and nobody will play him at all. I would say that coordinating is not a problem, but now theres an increased trend on people not in voice chat, due to toxicity, our friendsā€¦(if you spent enough time) are not longer here. Solo queueing is the only mode for a lot of us, even painful.

So as overwatch becomes more exhausting less fresh and with less people interested, casual is just the 90% of the time to play.

On a side noteā€¦ as some pro said not long ago, they want to be picked up, and show skill with characters that deserve the attention. We all know that once you get there you play what it is meant to win, cause is your job and is competition.

So think about it ā€œI play bastionā€ a character that for the cheese comps and cheap plays in low levels are despised and hated for many, that makes quickplay interesting along as auto aim turrets as fun as a visit to the dentist for some playersā€¦ and a character dependable to the extreme on their team and shields soā€¦he can simply destroy or be a burden, but, even if he destroys nobody will point at him as a thrilling, frenetic, or skilled gameplay. Being objective is not the kind of character that you want to play to ā€œshow offā€ your skills.

Bastion needed a rework, that is something that even forbes magazine said 2 years ago. That is something that some analyst have pointed out, how he can destroy or nothing, 0 or 100, depending on the circunstances like the composition, the strategy and coordination of the enemy, but ā€¦not the skill of the player that plays bastion.

Bastion feels underpowered as all the enemy team will focus on him, but with a team that covers and works around him could be unbeatable. And the coordination needed to put a shield in front of it and guard it is terribly easy in comparison as countering it.

So yes, bastion needs or needed a rework, but from the very beginning, that is not new. As character alone is uselessā€¦but in a meta like bunker meta, he simply is too powerful. Personally, I believe that the sinergy he has with the team makes thing more complicated than just posting a statistic of this week in masters alone. That data of the character alone has little use, and that devs should have adressed his design long time ago but, knowing nothing about what to do he is simply forgotten.

The next meta bunker will make people complain, anyway about bastion, more and more as orisa is now in the spot and she allows that kind of unkillable, auto aim defenses.

1. Soā€¦is bastion overpowered? clearly NO,
  2. Is bastion too strong in some compositions or elos? , clearly YES,
  3. The coordination for that meta and skill is definitely less than the one needed to counter HELL YES.
  4. Does he and orisa promotes a kind of game that frustrated some people and is considered anti fun for manyā€¦sure.
  5. It is played less and less in GM cause at higher elos people know better how to counter and prefer to play something considered ā€œskilledā€? YES

ANDā€¦definitely, the problem is more complex than just posting the last week data from GM. curiously the only data that in overbuff has a winratio less than 54%.

Im highly against any kind of reworks atm.

And yet they said that they feel that heroes are overall balanced atm. But once 222 comes, they will need to buff heroes & specially Brig. But theyā€™ve never said that they will rework someone. But somehow people have got it in their mindset that they might do that.

Someone whos been learning to come professional on esports college last year & someone whos been competing small tournament this year?
Does that really matter at all though?

And yet here we areā€¦ you still havenā€™t provided any reasoning orā€¦ anything.

Alright, iā€™ll run a hypothetical for you.
Since i have to do everything in this conversation for you.

Point A defense, Hanamura.

Youā€™re set in Sentry Mode against the left side wall outdoors covering the main chokepoint sightline, with only the right side of your model and your barrel visible from the chokepoint.

A Hanzo climbs the right side window, and fires his storm arrow volley exactly as you react and begin firing directly aimed with his body in view.

Who wins this direct assault?

Iā€™ll tell you so you donā€™t confuse yourself.

No matter the distance, there is no ā€œsafe sightlineā€ For the Bastion.
There is no survivable sightline for the Bastion to both deny the area, and survive an attack from ONE PLAYER.

If you would like to provide a counter argument feel FREE
But iā€™m done talking until you do.

If you can convince me using numbers that thereā€™s a better way to approach the provided situation, then iā€™ll respond.

3 Likes

Weā€™re living in some amazing times.

2 Likes

Junkrat has a higher pickrate than Zarya

Torb has a higher pickrate than Winston

Yes, very amazing.

2 Likes

I think my favorite buff Iā€™ve tinkered with in Workshops for Bastion is just adjusting how Repair works.

While Using Repair:

• In Recon Form: Increases Movement Speed by +20%
  • In Turret Form: Increases Damage Reduction by +15%
  • In Tank Form: Increases movement speed by +20% and Damage Reduction by +15%

Edit: thanks Fox

3 Likes

Honestly it is hard to care about Bastion. He has been worthless for so long that I cannot even imagine him as a real hero.

2 Likes

:musical_note: Sentry and ā€œTurretā€ are the same thing, and i hate my life. :musical_note:

2 Likes

Ive just been beated in bronze with a sym, torb and bastion comp, Im a casual player solo queuing of course, so i have no idea about balance ā€¦same as the devs.
I cannot speak about the competitive scene, and all i can say is that bastion is in 90% of my games. Orisa is as well in more than 75% of them.

I cannot give you an advice about that cause when i was in gold bastion was in almost every game as well.
I just can give you now my personal opinion not objective or based on facts. Everytime i play against auto aim turrets and bastions behind an orisa shield in quickplay or comp I really want to stop playing.

After 3 years im exhausted of those andā€¦is not the fault of the players or people who play it. I know it is me, only me and my personal tastes.
And if this is the new meta i wont even try to play competitive anymore in such low levels with little coordination. It is a pain, is frustrating and even losing or winning all I feel is relief when it is over.

At least in quickplay i can quit those games, as some people started to do against torb sym bastion, I will start to do soā€¦ cant blame them for doing that.

I do not feel rewarded or motivated to play a torb/sym/bastion behind a shield. I prefer to go to supportā€¦that can be easier sometimes of course, but feels mroe rewarding for me thanā€¦killing people taking advantage of their lack of coordination skill or aimā€¦while meā€¦Im abusing of a character, as i have that same skill or less.

No, even in plat Bastion pickrate/winrate is nothing.

People in high elo would do anything for grind up. Do you think Goat meta was skilled ? Do you think the Hanzo meta was the ultimate skill ? Do you think our current bunker meta double sniper standard is unique ?

No, a meta is the easiest way to win. And Bastion is not meta.

Bastion have a high winrate because he is picked 15 times less than a Hanzo, thatā€™s called pickrate/winrate correlation. It mean that the only time Bastion is useful when he is picked instead of any other Dps is his high winrate.

I think youā€™re lying, your Overbuff stat said you never played Ranked.
And your estimated rank on your most played hero is only 29% in QP.
Mine is #2 on Bastion.

But you can still do tournament if you want. Anyway, thatā€™s really strange that you said the only person who should talk about balance are the pro.
And guess what ? Youā€™re one. Or maybe not.

Anyway, I remember that I tried one time to be a pro Bastion, but it just doesnā€™t work and I end up playing Hanzo. Bastion is bad in competitive but he is just unplayable in scrim ! And you still donā€™t think he need any kind of rework or buff ?

And the only valid argument you have is that youā€™re a pro or something ?
Let me laugh ! A pro with a 29% quick rank in QP on overbuff ?
Whatā€™s will be the excuse then, itā€™s my little brother or something ?

1 Like