šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

Even just reducing itā€™s cast time would help.

Only 73 posts to go!

1 Like

Weā€™ll make another thread

1 Like

Bastion needs something to make him less niche: currently he needs a team built around him and some specific map spots to be useful.

A poster called MagyTheMage made a workshop mod that gives him a temporary shield that he can only keep up for a small, recharging amount of time.

This is the code: X874M

• only works with one bastion using it, i could have done it with multiple but i didnt feel like it
  • it wont protect you against CC only damage, due to workshop limitations i cant do both, the real version works like any shield
  • Use it with E
  • Check the messages arround the screen to see the HP and Charge(resource left) you have on your shield
  • concept is frontal, workshop design is 360Ā° due to some limitations

I think it could help him be more aggressive and less dependent.

1 Like

MagyTheMage

Now thatā€™s a name i havenā€™t heard in a long time.

Weā€™ve all talked about that idea before butā€¦
I still agree, shield is a must have due to all the update changes.

Most of heroes can out dps an out of place bastion.
Edit: by out of place i mean not behind the shield.
E

3 Likes

Iā€™m starting to like the idea more and more. Another important note is that with tole lock and yhe Brigitte changes coming you wonā€™t be able to stack barriers as well, meaning it can actually have a decent amount of health without being to broken.

Also Chibi, you should start making the next thread.

1 Like

I have a feeling the Thread is gonna get closed in a second cause 20k limit in a thread.
Yā€™know now looking at the replies not too long ago people are already aware of thatā€¦
Either way RiP bastion and RiP you guys for being ignored by the devs for a grand total of 20k posts :frowning:

How about people quit whining about Bastion. He will not get a rework, and he is in a good place.
That you canā€™t play him properly is not Blizzardā€™s fault.

:moyai:

4 Likes

Please, explain what the proper way to play him is and how he is good at it.

1 Like

Lets not waste precious posts for some everday troll.

I can explain for him: its not that bastion is good its just the troll guy thats bad.

2 Likes

We can all agree on how big the dps power creep is currently is is is isses.

These days everything melts, and players just focus their forum power on shield tanksā€¦ Rein OP, Orisa OP, like hello? Those are your main tanks yes? You want a Hamond and Dva meta or what?

Give bastion blank rounds and orbital strike.

I need someone to post so i can rant some more :moyai:

This is not a joke :gun::gun::gun::gun:

This is where robots come to die.

1 Like

How oppressive would be bastion if he was a tank (role)?

• Shield
  • Maybe bigger HP
  • No self-heal
  • Laser sight that can blind enemies from far away if they dare to look at the magnificent sculpture made out of trash and tears.

I made a highly detailed post regarding this idea, the main reason is to add another tank to the game while getting bastion out of the way of bunker destruction and weirdly named post niā€¦ [more]

:moyai: ayy lmoyai

Most of this is a joke but how about

• Bastion being a tank with shield and nice HP

or

• Turret now deals more damage to enemy shields but less to HP

The 2nd idea would make bastion a hero you pick when you see players stacking shields. Would change his playstyle for sure, but you all know most bastion buffs are not welcome in this communityā€¦

I think the simple fact that he is immobile would make him a terrible tank. Not to mention it would be a complete redesign of his character.

He could actually just make him deal a bit more to shields, like 525 dps or something, and you wouldnā€™t nerd to nerf him.

The simple fact of bastion is that he needs something done to his kit.
He is either too weak or too strong.
No matter what happens. People will still think he is cheesy and overpowered. Im currently playing on a bastion only account - tps://www.overbuff.com/players/psn/B73-NullSector/trends and I am loving it. Im getting loads of hateful messages that just increases my love for this hero.
Blizzard, please dont ignore us!!!

My time has come.

I have put my insanity into words because of how torn this game has made me. Because of that, this will be my final thread, because I cannot find fun in this game anymore, when all I see is stuff that furthers my insanity.

Aka, this is also my goodbye thread, and so you should check it out :wink: :heart:

1 Like

Itā€™s high time to make another one of these. Keep the flame going right?

oh god why did you reply.

WhatNooo is correct, we will in fact continue this thread.

2 Likes