šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

ā€œHow does it feel to see your 3 mains in the lowest spots in the game in Diamond through GMā€

Me:

After the first stage of OWL, Iā€™m out. Iā€™m done with these childish games. Iā€™m done talking into a void.

Iā€™ve said everything Iā€™ve needed to on my 3 mains, and Iā€™m done. Iā€™m burnt out of these toxic children that ignore what I say:

Pharah is a really bad designā€¦

A hero that hardcounter a lot of heros on the gameā€¦

And im not saying that she is op or something like that.

Iā€™m so glad Blizzard doesnā€™t listen to this forum very often. I would uninstall and never return if these changes were to go through. :rofl:

The the devs ignore 99.9999999% of this community.

At this point itā€™s not even constructive.

Iā€™m done. 1 month, thatā€™s what Iā€™m giving it. 1.

1 Like

Iā€™ve said it before, Iā€™ll say it again here: there needs to be a Pharah bot.

The problem with pharah is she is a different sort of hero. So many people depend on screwing around in custom games to really work their way through aiming problems and develop different types of skills. Pharah isnā€™t inherently high skill to counter, but the high angle and lots of up and down movement just needs different tracking skills.

As far as how Pharah relates to Bastion, her fire rate buff has made her much more effective against Bastion and the splash damage nerf is irrelevant.

If Pharah did 130 damage per rocket then that would only give her any advantage against Bastion as she could destroy a Sentry Bastion in only 3 direct hits rather than needing to fire 4 rockets. It wouldnā€™t help her against 200HP heroes. If you wanted Pharah to be able to kill in one direct hit and one near hit then revert the splash damage nerf.

You say the problem is her accuracyā€¦ why not simply suggest a higher velocity for her rockets? This would be easy to test in custom games to see how it feels. That would level the playing field with Bastion as the flight time is irrelevant for a stationary sentry but would increase hit rate against moving enemies.

I donā€™t see the devs having anything like an arbitrary ā€œdamage boost will work for some heroes but not othersā€.

PC should rarely need special versions of the game, console just needs further tweaks to aim assist, thereā€™s so many options for that. Maybe a target lead indicator for heroes with projectile attacks.

Iā€™ve heard that Jeff him self is responding to some post. :blush:

Pharah is being used to high effect in OWL with Pharmercy on Nepal

This issue is not worth that big of an OP and that many replies. Not like Blizzard is known for being communicative with this forum, let alone clearly responding to community feedback and preferring quality over greed/politics. This thread is essentially a for-funsies ā€œwe want this even though Blizzard will never do itā€ thing.

And yet you felt the need to respond.

Case in point, the thread just proved itā€™s own point.

Oh and if you cared to actually read the OP, you might see the issues it describes.
Or maybe simply keep your mind open to the possibility that certain heroes actually do need changes.

This thread is in fact not as you so expertly put it ā€œfor funsiesā€ But the culmination of hundreds of hours of in depth thought and research, all towards the goal of making a single hero worth loading up the game for those who enjoy said hero.

If you would like to present a thread that is more worth while yourself instead of simply stating arduous opinions that serve no real purpose, iā€™ll be waiting.

Oh and one extra thing since i find it funnyā€¦

Unless youā€™re being really sarcastic, they are literally in fact known not to do these things. So bringing that up is basically shooting yourself in the foot.

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure he was being sarcastic thereā€¦

1 Like

I didnā€™t see any /s So i assume otherwise.

Also iā€™m just in a bit of a mood since Jeff insists on responding to completely random threads when big issues persist.

1 Like

You should learn some respect for your fellow users. On this basis you will not receive further thoughts from me as you clearly are too good for them.

The genii one was a bit random, but I thought the others were worthy of a response.

1 Like

Annnd there it is. :wink:

The defensive response when nothing else like facts or actual conversation can work.

Okay have a nice day.

Edit: You can come back any time once youā€™ve cooled off there bud.

1 Like

Me in political conversations

2 Likes

They were of course, as are most threads. none are technically more deserving, just some are collecting dust.

Oh, and that Rialto thread was literally just an excuse to flash stats.
There was no reason to respond to that.
He didnā€™t even respond to the question itself.

2 Likes

I still live, another game had its start up today and ive been nose deep playing on the planet Bastion.

2 Likes

Everyone agrees thereā€™s big issues, agreement on what the big issues areā€¦ not so much.

So many different people have so many different things they think are a priority and if theyā€™re all a priority then none of them are a priority.

This thread is about help Bastion, and while we could just tell them what to do (I certainly did) it probably isnā€™t going to be as productive as if we get agreement even on this one hero where the hero is too weak, too limited or just a general idea of what should be improved. The general direction Bastion should be taken, even if not specifically how to get there.

I think when we all chime in on that, weā€™re more likely to get some dev traction.

A reminder of why we play our hero, we have go to heroes but we always come back.

4 Likes

Lawbreakers was a team shooter in a similar Ball Park to Overwatch. There were different game modes and fewer classes but there was one unique mechanic: zero gravity zones. All of the classes had some form of mobility to their kits and interesting mechanics. One had a minigun and a jet engine, one was like a 3d mobility tracer without a pulse bomb ultimate and heal. The juggernaut was basically a tank, sporting a deployable wall, higher health and a bayonetted shotgun and he could magnetize his feet and sprint on the ground and release it as he jumped to gain height.

The game mechanics are fabulous and itā€™s fun to fly around with each of the kits. The major problems came in terms of marketing, story, and its late release. They kept talking about the fact that it was a team shooter with zero gravity but they didnā€™t have any good story hook to draw casuals nor were the character designs all that interesting. There is a story, it basically cops versus Yakuza which had grown to such extremes that it altered Earthā€™s gravity. Part of the problem is that the mood canā€™t decide to either be serious or comedic.

I think the game is free on steam (havenā€™t loaded that game in a long time) but no one plays it. Personally, had the devs worked on a story mode or capitalized on more than just the zero gravity gimmick it could have had potential to do better than what it did.

My favourite arcade mode is low grav for as bastion you can leap and transform mid air, I can fire about 50 rounds mid air to deal about 750 damage before I land. Itā€™s not ideal as you lose air control the second you begin transformation but you are at least moving so a hard target and can chase them as they try to get behind cover or backflip away from them.

There are some low gravity areas in Overwatch maps, the Horizon map, as you approach point A from the right, you can go through airlock doors out into space where of course itā€™s low moon gravity out there (but not inside). Most donā€™t want to attack through there but when I go there as Bastion they get quite the surprise seeing a sentry flying through the air towards them with minigun blazing.

That sure sounds like Jeff Bleszynski, he kinda wanted to have it all, but heā€™s no Kojima. Kojima could blend the absurd with the sublime so perfectly.

1 Like

Iā€™m talking things like spiderman levels of grappling hooks, jet users, magnetic sprints, ground sliding into jumps. this game could have been a parkour heaven. Oh yeah, you could shoot behind you to move forward. Unfortunately, I canā€™t even get into the game to play in the practice map because the servers were shut down.

I would be so happy if either Bastionā€™s shift into recon mode was dramatically reduced or if Bastion had a low grade shield bubble while transitioning. I feel all of his problems stem from being CCā€™d for two seconds at a time.