šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

From a retrospective I saw, Jeffy B seemed to repeatedly shoot himself in the foot with his toxic attitude. People say the OW developers arenā€™t respectful, oh hell no, Overwatch devs treat the players like weā€™re their family. Jeffy B constantly wound people up.

It wasnā€™t just from the release of Lawbreakers, during Gears of War he was really rude to PC gamers and burned those bridges down with flamethrowers. Then he comes back to PC and tries to compensate by repeating the same troll comments but back against Xbox and begging for PC gamers to take him again.

You canā€™t do that.

You canā€™t bad mouth people then go switch sides and bad mouth the ā€œsideā€ you used to be on. Youā€™re going to end up with no sympathy. And I think he needed good word of mouth for his game.

hey, gang, just wanted to pop in and let you all know that as a Bastion main Iā€™ve climbed to 3700 (from 2900 season start). Bastion is my special robot boy, and weā€™re going to top 500 on PC. Letā€™s. Freaking. GO!

4 Likes

Thank you for the positive messageā€¦ i for one needed something to come back to this thread for.

3 Likes

ā€œAlways something there to remind me~ā€

It has honestly been a blast climbing as Bastion. People become a bit more understanding in the higher ranks, because they know how hard I had to grind to get there.

2 Likes

You just brought up more memories than iā€™m willing or prepared to acknowledge.

=.=

Especially right now.

1 Like

same for me; musicā€™s been a big part of my life, and that song used to play all the time when I was a kid (my parents listen to oldies a lot)

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™ve missed the constant replies and new ideas being thrown around.

Congratulations: Everyone dance like Bastion nowā€¦

2 Likes

I had little idea about that, to be honest. I had heard that there were some devs or promotional figures who were salty that no one was playing.

The servers are dead so I canā€™t even go into the main menu. Maybe someone else will pick up the pieces and try to add a story mode and/or parkour maps, the concept was fun.

RIP Legoman

1 Like

I want a meme with the final dance and the song ā€œeverything is awesomeā€ā€¦

1 Like

Anyoneā€™s opinions on Bastion on the new Paris Map? FYI you can play the map on constant rotation via the Arcade.

I find the map unusually tricky for Bastion, lots of long open sightlines where he can get popped from multiple angles. Especially tough on defence, Iā€™ve yet to find a good position to rotate around.

Might be good if you have an Orisa for constant shielding and pressure against snipers. But other than that, the open space can go both good (like JunkerTown) or wrong pretty fast for the poor robot.

well, im not nekroing am i?

2 Likes

does this count as dead? HAVE WE LOST THE MEGATHREAD?

well, im not letting go of this. not after 18k. we need to continue

People need to stop using pickrate to say a hero is bad

you wouldnā€™t even get a coroners report in two days so you are ok, but is it me but are there more Bastions in game these days.

1 Like

Over my cold (often) dead chassis.

1 Like

Itā€™s more of an indicator that a hero is bad. Why pick a hero if there are others that offer more to the team comp. Rein is superior to Orisa in almost every function that a tank performs, thus players are more inclined to play Rein over Orisa. Does this make Orisa bad? Not necessarily, it is a matter that the hero requires more conditions to become more valuable than the other hero. However there becomes a threshold where becoming niche becomes too much and the character does become a bad pick. Abysmal pick rates are an indicator that the value of the hero is no longer considered valuable in even most niche situations.

1 Like