šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

Bastion

• The closer you are to bastion the more dmg he deals.

Now put an orisa shield and a bastion infront of enemy spawn and enjoy.

2 Likes

thatsā€¦never going to be even possible

The joke.

Your head.

2 Likes

poor beep boop, cant headshots

1 Like

wow. Harsh.

Iā€™ve never once seen more constructive feedback in my lif-

Wait.

Oh it seems i stepped in something.

3 Likes

Truly you are a fountain of knowledge.

3 Likes

" Are you people currently enjoying the fact that the game is slightly different than i myself am used to? A single hero is played a fraction more often, and i highly dislike it. What will follow this? The assumption that a large amount of people will support the general idea of another hero being less fortunate?

I have great disdain for this general group of individuals."

There, now itā€™s at least interesting to read.

2 Likes

h ttps://www.overbuff.com/heroes/bastion/trends

Ye, nothing happened in the last 6 months and that graph is certainly very good. I checked about half the characters in the game currently and all of the ones i checked had a steady line but not bastion. Last time iā€™ve seen something like that was when there was a junkrat meta or mercy meta, which means whenever people could cheese their way out of their ranks when they werenā€™t supposed to. It wonā€™t work to the extent of junk or mercy because of built in flaws in character design(the fact that he has to be stationary) , but i feel sorry for all the golds and silvers and my dear plats when bastion one-tricks will start to emerge from lower ranks.

Or maybeā€¦ just maybe good players who know how to use the hero, are finally getting the outcome that is deserving of their skill.

But hey, what do i know. I only have 800+ hours on the game.
Iā€™m practically NEW.

3 Likes

This is not a fact, or even hypothesis because there is no indication or even a hint of this. It is an opinion, come with something that has some meaning.

edit: Iā€™ll say more, how can you tell if this is true since buffs only bring the numbers up? How can you tell that players are NOT getting the outcome that is deserving their skill depending on their nerfs?

i have more , and 200 more on second account, what kind of argument is that?

On mY OtHer AcCoUnT.

Very hard facts here folks.

Quite simply you cannot prove this more than you can prove that Bastion is somehow more impactful than he should be.

I canā€™t thats true. But his pickrate and the similarities in graphs when there were similar PROVEN broken heroes suggests that this is true comparing to ā€œpulling out of my asssā€ arguments. Itā€™s called a hypothesis, your line of arguments are called opinons.

edit: proven hypothesis are called thesis just so you now.

this account has 1027 hours of playtime, my other one has 147 hours of playtime, my profile is public, you are just to lazy to check and too stupid to differ the terms i listed above. So your argument of experience is invalid as well.

ā€œIf the sky is blue, anything blue must be the skyā€

Correlation and causation are very different things, my friend.

If you had created a hypothesis about Bastion based on Bastionā€™s own data, i would listen. But what youā€™re talking about is an assumption that Bastion is experiencing something simply because it ā€œmay have happened with other heroes beforeā€

ā€œArgument of experience is invalidā€

Looks like weā€™re gatekeeping knowledge now.

1 Like

What is the point here anyway? what am i reading.

1 Like

Shhh iā€™m amusing myself by beating a dead horse.

3 Likes

When January began, Bastionā€™s pick rate began at sub 1% across QP and Competitive his pick rate has steadily fallen throughout January. You know these figures because you quite them, how can he be in every other game yet is picked less than 1% of the time by players?

I just donā€™t believe you that you find him in every other game.

i have more , and 200 more on second account

Oh really? More than 800 hours? Why donā€™t we look at your profile.

But his pickrate and the similarities in graphs when there were similar PROVEN broken heroes

A steady downward trendline doesnā€™t prove anything, especially as you ignore Bastion started January at sub 1% pick rate and youā€™re comparing him to heroes in the past who had far higher pick rates.

this account has 1027 hours of playtime

Then why does it say for Quickplay All Heroes:

TIME PLAYED 80:37:12

And for Competitive, all heroes:

TIME PLAYED 43:30:19

On your profile?

Donā€™t try to make it private now, Iā€™ve already screencapped it.

you are just to lazy to check

I think youā€™re banking on it.

1 Like

I thought his profile looked weirdā€¦
I wasnā€™t going to put that fuel on the fire though.

You started saying that you had experience that i somehow lacked so iā€™m saying that is not the truth, i have more yet i didnā€™t say anything about my playtime until YOU started, im just counter-arguing you arguments.

not may, it did happen to those heroes(until you are willing to admit that junk and mercy werenā€™t broken when they were insanely buffed and their pickrate rose the same way bastion pickrate in lower ranks is) , you only donā€™t see it because of design flaws that donā€™t let bastion surpass in diamond where he has a substantial drop in pick-rate since mid-plat is the rank where people start to use voice often.

Since you deliberately avoid my questions i will list them below:

according to this:

-how can you tell if this is true since buffs only bring the numbers up?
-How can you tell that players are NOT getting the outcome that is deserving their skill depending on their nerfs?

-Do you then think that the similarity of graphs has no meaning whatsoever and the mercy and junkrat buffs were ā€œgood players who know how to use the hero, that were finally getting the outcome that is deserving of their skill.ā€ since their graphs were almost identical?

h ttps://imgur.com/a/g6lfllA

i guess im just good at photoshop :slight_smile: