šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

I remember Terranguard talking about that idea. Someone also said more recon ammo would be nice.

1 Like

Would be nice if they at least acknowledged that the ideas came from outside sources or that they got the inspiration from somewhere else instead of acting as if this was their idea all along.

1 Like

No, not without a hard CC like Mei.

Iā€™ve got no problem. Hammonds run away as fast as they can at the first sight of me just in recon mode still I can often get them despite reconfig time before they can escape my line of sight. Great if they are distracted fighting my allies but Hammond can be good rolling in suddenly when Iā€™m engaging first.

I just wish bastion could flyā€¦ flying the friendly skiesā€¦above all the hate and negativityā€¦

1 Like

#GiveBastionAFlyingMode

1 Like

He already fly.

3 Likes

All Iā€™ve ever really wanted is a shorter time to change from sentry to recon.
Itā€™s so frustrating to know youā€™re getting spanked and die when you want to retreat because of such a long sitting duck phase between shifts.

1 Like

1.0 Recon to Sentry
0.5 Sentry to Recon, seem fair for me.

3 Likes

Stop resisting the gravity

2 Likes

It seems Iā€™ll be gone during this whole ā€œforum raidā€ nonsense. You guys need to tell me how it goes.

1 Like

I wonder whether they could do something incredibly cool out of that.

I mean we have this neat ā€œsit down then swing aroundā€-animation for going sentry, right?

Who says getting up has to be the reverse. Transformers has a handful of half-transformed scenes, what if you could still shoot as a sentry for about 0,2s or so, you start making a step, the body half-unfolds, the gatling stops, one arm folds out, you can already shoot as recon (0,25s or so into the animation), the other leg comes out, you become mobile, etc. Total animation still takes 1,0s.

But, youā€™d be firing at 0,25s and moving somewhat at 0,35s or so, and itā€™d look super neat.

I feel a significant part of this is the over-dependence on Ironclad which disappears the very frame you begin a reconfig into recon. That reconfig time is short but it feels long because you die so quickly, you still have all the downsides of immobility without IC and cannot even begin self repair and canā€™t attack eitherā€¦ a high price to pay to get mobility back again.

Itā€™ll be a whole second of you taking fire before you even begin to heal, perversely itā€™s usually better to stay in sentry mode to keep the 20% damage reduction and begin self-repair sooner.

Trading Ironclad for just generally more (armoured) HP would be a step in the right direction as Bastion wouldnā€™t have to effectively accept 25% more damage risking a reposition, the trade off is giving up firepower, lack of frontal critbox and relatively small normal front hitbox for normal mobility.

But just Having more Armour/HP would still leave Bastion more vulnerable in Sentry mode where he shouldnā€™t really be made more vulnerable in any mode. With ironclad, as Bastion is being shot by McCree each bullet does 53 damage, not 67 (on armour). So to keep his health up, Bastion needs to only heal 53 damage. So without IC, Bastion needs to have his healing buffed in some way.

One change iā€™d like to see is to resolve how the 0.5sec delay in effect from self-repair being balanced by a burst of +50HP heal. So thereā€™s still a 0.5sec delay before healing begins, but the first ā€œtickā€ of healing it +50HP, this means the first second of healing isnā€™t at effectively half the sustained healing rate. This burst of +50HP healing could apply after every 0.5sec of the self-repair ability being used so give nice consistency between initial and sustained healing rates.

How do you guys think the armor changes effect Bastion? After a couple days if testing he seems alright to me.

I donā€™t think it will make a big difference unless he is being shot in the head by a tracer

i will get back to you ive had my holiday with another game but from first glance in QP the ratio of kills to deaths seems off heading towards more deaths. time to kill against tanks is far faster but at the moment i personally dont like the tradeoff.

Wish i had a chance to play as bastion but the real question is

why did your boston icon change?

It changed in-game a couple weeks ago. Changed on here yesterday.

1 Like

Is this the top secret stuff Jeff spoke about ? Orisa flying Centaur ? secret buff I say. :^)

1 Like

Not everyone got much of a change with the armour buffs. But Bastion was very weak before to Reaper getting in close and heā€™s still very weak. Ditto for similar things like Tracer shooting his blue crit-box.

1 Like