šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

Yup, it all goes back to that consistency I keep talking about. If the abilities of my damage and what I can and can not do or achieve keeps switching awkwardly it just gets annoying.

Iā€™m not saying 1.5x headshot damage is a horrible case of that, I just want that when I get charged by Reinhardt to see that health bar deplete quickly, and when you say ā€œoh it just takes 0.2 seconds longer without 2xā€ makes it seem way less than it really does. With 2x headshots you deal 100% more damage if you can track that headshot, with 1.5x you just do 50%

I could learn to live with 1.5x headshot damage, but Iā€™m in no way excited about it.

What are the changes to the game since Bastionā€™s rebalancing that have made life hard on the poor little Omnic?

• Hanzo
  • Roadhogā€™s Take A Breather buff
  • the release of Orisa, effectively doubling the amount of shields a Bastion might need to chew through before being focused to death, and introducing a new way to be killed environmentally
  • fill in
2 Likes

I honestly disagree with all of these, Hanzo was more of a problem before because of the scatter arrow, Roadhog now can tank and take him out of Sentry mode easier but at least he canā€™t burst him down as easily as before so I feel like it does balance out.

Orisa, you may or may be right, because in a shield battle Bastion will be a lot more effective at crushing the other Orisaā€™s shield because of the DPS.

And also there has been indirect buffs to Bastion lately too, like the Tracerā€™s ult damage nerf meaning he can now survive a cheap triple blink ult combo from Tracer.

So I donā€™t know, it really depends.

The main buff Hanzo got against Bastion was his faster projectile speed, making him be abled to kill Baston faster.

1 Like

0.2 seconds means death a lot of the time and also Rein has armor.

i play bastion for the sentry, not for his recon forme

i play recon, as if its necesary, but its not like im gonna use recon to engage enemys, this would make no sence

alsoā€¦i rather see bastion in his old form rather than thisā€¦since last year, this game was kinda dead becaus making bastion a ā€œanti-tankā€ whene he is actualy a ā€œkilled by tanksā€

1 Like

Symā€™s new orbs, IDK about this one but Sombra can now be invisible permanently.

Bastion canā€™t survive storm arrows either. Hanzo is just so skinny and he has no falloff so itā€™s basically guaranteed death for Bastion.

Exactly, thereā€™s a rather high difference between 0.6 and 0.8.

Reinhardt will still be able to charge Bastion but he wonā€™t be able to just start charging from such an exaggerated distance because his armor and HP tank everything Bastion can possibly do.

Yeah it is not worse than scatter was(after the cooldown nerf comes through at least) as for Sombra, someones got to spin in a circle holding m1 in order to find her.

Exactly, I agree with you so much when it comes to this. Skinnier hit boxes absolutely tear apart heroes with high spread.

dont forget that even at face to face, bastion cant kill flankers becaus of the big spread and the headshot removalā€¦complelty once again killing bastion way of playing and the ā€œroleā€ they give him/expected them to be

2 Likes

They also have abilities that completely counter him even when theyā€™re close enough to hit.

4 Likes

That is not technically true because the spread is not high enough when he is combating flankers face to face, and his Ironclad combined with armor helps a huge lot against Tracer and Genji.

But guess what, he shouldnā€™t be a close range brawler, that is not Bastion. You could say ā€œoh well he still does good DPS at ranges longer than close!ā€ but that is not entirely true is it, his spread more often than not lowers his DPS significantly beyond close range, waaaay more than it should. They absolutely have to lower his spread to 2 degrees max, that is the only way I can see Bastion possibly advancing as a hero without being ruined for what he is liked and needed for.

Exactly.

I donā€™t like repeating myself but I have to, youā€™re just making way too many statements that I absolutely agree with.

1 Like

That is basically not true. Is there a Genji? Heā€™ll just deflect and he gets to choose at any moment to dash and then he jumps over the point on your head where you have to turn all the way around to find him again. He also has what feels like infinite ammo when fighting Bastion so he just keeps on attacking while being impossible to hit.

As for Tracer, sheā€™s the same. Just blinking across you so you have to turn around then blinking back and just poking you untill you die. Thereā€™s nothing stopping her from doing it.

3 Likes

Oh sorry, I meant in terms of spread, I thought the other person said that the spread is so high that youā€™re missing Genji and Tracer at close range and thatā€™s what I said was technically not true, and also I added the Ironclad part saying that it helps but it doesnā€™t mean that it should not get replaced for more offensive power.

1 Like

Seriously I donā€™t know whatā€™s happening with replies, one second my reply properly directs to a person, the other it doesnā€™t, it just doesnā€™t have that reply icon on the top right.

Is the forums being clunky?

If your response is directly below what youā€™re responding to it doesnā€™t have an icon. I wish it didnā€™t do that because it confuses responses with comments directed at the entire post.

Theyā€™ve been doing that ever since I started posting, itā€™s really strange.

2 Likes