šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

Oh the rockets were needed for a direct compensation for taking down her DM duration I believe, I donā€™t see how else we could buff her DPS output without those rockets being there.

Thatā€™s just the thing, Before the whole list of Changes, she wanā€™t really meant to be dealing HUGE Damage, outside of her ultā€¦ Unless she got up in your faceā€¦ Which is where she needed to be anyways, Soaking damage for her team.

Good D,Vaā€™s were pretty impressive.

Also, she didnā€™t really need Long range Damageā€¦ <.<
Leave that to Orisa.

Her ā€œBurstā€ Damage was diving in close, Henceforth the boostersā€¦ Where her guns had a good cone of damageā€¦ In my honest opinion, Those dang rockets were a mistake, meant for a different hero all together.

But it depends on if solely having a lot of that armor without the rockets would even make her viable enough, I donā€™t know.

Butā€¦ I Digress.

You are completely right in saying this:

He was supposed to counter those ā€œFlankersā€ Who were actually just running in alone, Because they saw something red, and held WM1

1 Like

Yeah and when a Hanzo just jumps on a point door at Hanamura dealing 200 dps to you as youā€™re hitting him twice per second because of the spread even though youā€™re at medium range.

That doesnā€™t feel good in neither gameplay or balance wise, but I donā€™t know I might be wrong.

3 Likes

Unless itā€™s Roadhog or Reinhardt with his barrier up because Bastion canā€™t kill him when Reinhardt charges.

1 Like

My ideal Bastion rework WITHOUT ā€œTank on Eā€:

Ironclad (passive)

Increased damage resistance to 25%
Only applies during non-combative phases such as repairing and transforming between configurations.
Pretty self explanatory, but it will help Bastion in a pinch when heā€™s caught with his pants down. Much like Roadhog during his self heal, itā€™ll help him be less vulnerable while heā€™s unable to use his gun. Once the action is finished the passive will remain inactive until he heals or transforms again. This can help him be able to disengage from an unfavorable position or to move across an area that might direct fire onto him.

Repair (RMB ability)

Can reload your weapons while repairing.
Pretty self explanatory, while in combat your enemy might close in on your position and youā€™ve already shot a sizable amount of your clip to the point you have to wait for it to reload on top of the time you spent healing. That is very clunky and can mean death for the Bastion if heā€™s caught reloading. With this, reloads between and during fights can remove the extra step of reloading after repairing, just do it during it!

Configuration: Sentry

Accuracy increased by 50%, blooms to the max of 2 degrees.
Capable of headshots again, but only at a x1.5 modifier (22.5 damage).
Clip size reduced to 250.
More or less a complete revert of Bastionā€™s sentry mode nerf (keeping the configuration speed of course, no way Iā€™m letting that go), with the compromise of reduced headshot damage. His gun will no longer be Spray ā€˜nā€™ Pray, and will reward players who can track well with his gun and make his bullets count. The headshot bonus, as small as it may seem, can and will melt through heroes who get too close to him, but will require more tracking than before due to the spread being so accurate. Having 250 bullets in his clip somewhat balances out his increased damage potential now that his shots donā€™t go around the skinniest of heroes, but he still has the job of busting down barriers.
Because Ironclad no longer applies during a configuration, heā€™s much more fragile in combat. Though he may not be able to hold a position as long as he did with Ironclad, heā€™s much more capable of dealing with an enemy at a longer range with higher damage potential than what his gun is capable of now.

Configuration: Tank (Ultimate)

+150 armor on activation
Reverts the disastrous change Ironclad brought in, making Bastion gain an additional 150 armor that totals to 450 HP. Ironclad at 35% DR initially made him too resistant to damage as he could outheal whatever damage he had while in Tank form, and was then nerfed to 20% DR. However, the nerf to IC also nerfed his Tank form heavily, making his ultimate worse than it was before. With the DR Bastion gains from transforming and healing along with the additional armor, heā€™s much more capable of surviving while in Tank mode as the ultimate deserves.

As for stuns instantly making a transforming Bastion configure into Sentry or Tank instead of being forced back out into Recon, Iā€™m not too sure. One would say thatā€™s a way to counter a Bastion before he sets up, but itā€™s a very annoying situation to be in overall (as stuns are a horrible mechanic to begin with).

Bringing this back for more input for those who havenā€™t seen it yet.
The one revision I made was making the IC 25% instead of 30% as I had a dream of Bastion on tank mode doing the trick of healing after firing a shell, and it might make him nigh unkillable with the additional 150 armor and the DR.

1 Like

Thatā€™s still objectively worse if he didnā€™t have ironclad during active combat.

Thatā€™s the only ā€œbadā€ thing I have to say about it.

Itā€™s a tad worse than his old Sentry, but honestly, I donā€™t think it would be noticableā€¦ he should still kill very fast, I donā€™t think the extra 0.02 seconds will matter all too muchā€¦

He wouldnā€™t need Ironclad if heā€™s actually able to land most of his shots in the first place instead of pelting them with fall off induced BBs. In short, his enemies should be dead before they can do any real damage to him.

If you really want Bastion to survive in an area where heā€™s exposed and open to being shot at, then he can get a shield hero to back him up. Discourage Bastions who sit still in a single position by making him fragile and easy to take down if his positionā€™s compromised. Bastions who like to move around and change their positions constantly will be backed up by the DR while transforming or healing while transversing past an active combat zone.

His current IC encourages him to stay in sentry form to tank damage, and makes him easy to pocket. Without it he should be on the move, especially when he already has the increased transform speed. With the IC and sentry change i mentioned above, he should be more effective and dynamic than what he is now because he can sustain himself better outside of combat and survive better with a very powerful gun.

2 Likes

Exactly, which is why I specified before ā€œwhen a Reinhardt tries to charge him like a moronā€, which is exactly why I am for 2x headshot damage instead of 1.5x. If all headshot damage except Widowmakers was 2x why would Bastions be 1.5x all of a sudden? Just make it 2x, let headshots be headshots.

And Roadhog almost hard counters him.

3 Likes

Ironclad is one of those abilities that is either useless or tedious annoying to play against, his damage output as before is never useless and you may say itā€™s tedious but itā€™s always been there since the start so itā€™s clearly manageable.

1 Like

The problem is Iā€™m saying itā€™s just straight up worse for sentry than before and it wasnā€™t OP before so IDK what it would be but it wouldnā€™t be as powerful as before.

1 Like

And I really have no idea why the community keeps repeating ā€œjust give him 1.5x damage instead of 2x because tanks would get a bit too decked by him :((((((((((((((((((((((((ā€

Itā€™s not like youā€™re going to headshot more than 10% of the time on average, why would it ever even need to have 1.5x? We all know that they removed headshot damage because they increased his spread so high, so you would end up getting headshots while aiming for the waist.

With a low enough spread like before, you donā€™t need 1.5x headshot damage, which already happens rarely enough.

So as a group, we should drop this 1.5x headshot damage disease.

3 Likes

Why is 1,5 headshot damage even discussed. Itā€™s just bad and everyone who can hit the head should be rewarded for it. 2x is headshot damage and sent even try to go lower.

3 Likes

Im all for 2Ɨ headshots, the only reason 1.5Ɨ would make sense is if Bastion got some way over the top buff alongside it.

1 Like

Honestly they should either just implement them fully or not at all, I donā€™t want to hear the ding spam when itā€™s going to be some 50% extra damage per headshot crap.

1 Like

They should definitely start him off with 2x headshots, but I wouldnā€™t be too upset if they reduced it to 1.5xā€¦

Iā€™m just waiting for people to go to the practice range, set up point blank from a dummy, get 100% headshots on it, and complain about how OP he is because he kills so fastā€¦ then weā€™ll respond with ā€œWidow kills fasterā€, and theyā€™ll say that takes skill as if getting 100% headshot accuracy somehow doesnā€™tā€¦

2 Likes

I donā€™t care what other people think if it is factually incorrect, if Blizzard is so keen on listening to players who are factually incorrect on what does and doesnā€™t take skill and then buff and nerf according to them, then what is the point of actually playing this game anymore?

1 Like

Yeah, Iā€™m not saying Blizz should listen to them, Iā€™m saying itā€™ll be funny to watchā€¦

Iā€™m fine with either, because I donā€™t think there will really be a discernible differenceā€¦ With 2x headshots, killing a Rein would take 0.6 seconds (with all headshots just for calculation purposes), and with 1.5x, it would take 0.8 secondsā€¦ If you really need those extra 0.2 seconds, odds are you probably wouldnā€™t have killed him anywayā€¦

I still think they should start at 2x, and if that is legitimately killing people too fast (not just ā€œLook how fast he can kill a training bot lolā€), then maybe go to 1.5xā€¦ still much better than not having them, and you get to keep the 30 rounds per second dink sound :Kreygasm:ā€¦