šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

Say what now ?

Give me a week.

Well, so far on ā€œWhere is Bastion nowā€ Weā€™ve gotten many of the studio audienceā€™s opinionsā€¦ But we still await one very special oneā€¦

Yelling from far away: WHERE IS HE? DID HIS LIMOUSINE GET HELD UPā€¦ AGAIN?

2 Likes

Daddy Jeff, our memest dev, hasnā€™t posted in 2 days.
Going by his post history, heā€™ll post anywhere between now and in 5-7 days.
That can be on any thread, though. Weā€™re not alone.

1 Like

bastion has been buffed already. nobody wants an overpowered bastion if you re maining him you have to accept to play a little less powerful hero (with a powercreep on junkertown). Just try to imagine what it ld be if bastion were to be one of t he best dps.

We donā€™t want him to be the best.
We want him to be the best at his job

6 Likes

except heā€™s a lot less powerful heroā€¦ He actually has one of the worst DPS in the game at range because of his spreadā€¦ Well, of hitscan heroes anyway.

I posted my DPS thread on the Overwatch reddit if anyone uses it. Hereā€™s a link

Iā€™m totally not sitting here watching clips of Beta Bastion wondering what all went wrongā€¦

1 Like

I do that a lotā€¦ Or make a pretend Bastion with Hammond in custom gamesā€¦

Hereā€™s the Original Gameplay Preview:

I Miss my old friend. ;-;
And i never got to play this versionā€¦

4 Likes

he is getting a indirect buff with the fall-off change happening at PTRā€¦
Bastion does a lot of damage in reconā€¦ even more then 76 i thinkā€¦

I have games with him where iā€™m surprised how fast i melt a pharah out off the sky.

If any buff needs to happen to him itā€™s for his recon mode not Sentryā€¦
help with his viability.

Wow now the 2 bullets we hit at 50 meters will do about 3 damage more. Sorry for being salty but itā€™s all I have left. I have boiled down to pure salt.

1 Like

Recon is fine.

Itā€™s not because itā€™s the mode you want to be the least inā€¦
also the damage fall off change is noticeable and might bring a hitscan meta when it goes live.

it was super broken XD

Did you play it? Why was it broken? He couldnā€™t turn all the way so his back was super vulnerable he did less damage before and only had 200 HP 50 armor.

1 Like

It may have been, butā€¦ the live version wasnā€™t by any meansā€¦

You still couldnā€™t heal while taking damage, or while moving, had no 1000 health shieldā€¦

And like Terran pointed out, the live version could at least turn around all the way to compensate.

It was pretty balanced in the beginningā€¦

3 Likes

He does 1 more damage per bullet, but 1 less bullet per second. Bastion is also harder to control his spread than Soldier. Also, Soldier has a LOT of advantages over Bastion in Recon mode. Soldier has better a better spread pattern, better healing, better mobility, better speed, a smaller hitbox, a smaller critboxā€¦ Soldier is much better than Recon Bastion, which is okay, because Recon isnā€™t meant to be the primary mode for Bastion.

He needs buffs to Sentry mode, it does pretty awful damage. Just check out this thread Bastion's real damage output (kinda) to see his DPS on a training bot. Obviously heā€™ll do more on a tank, but heā€™ll do considerably less on almost everything else in the game.

2 Likes

It looks like his spread was even worse then than it is nowā€¦

Actually I think if I recall correctly itā€™s the same as the sentry before this one.