šŸ’” Bastion ISNā€™T being forgotten, heā€™s being ignored

They canā€™t really do to much to himā€¦ you canā€™t really get rid of anything in his kit because thereā€™s already so much artwork for it. Yeah, Symm got completely new ability (shield gen for 2.0, barrier for 3.0), but itā€™s not like you can just throw away his minigunā€¦

7 Likes

Actually, Tank on E (as we proposed in the corresponding thread, not the OP) WOULD fix the mess that is current Bastion!

Iā€™m calling it! Mark my words!

Theyā€™ve only tried changing him once. Thereā€™s not enough data to know if number tweaks can fix himā€¦ I think there definitely is a middle ground of being good but not OP

2 Likes

Iā€™m happy to see this thread is up and running, hopefully we get a response some soonā€¦

1 Like

Exactly.
There is somethink akin to the ā€œsoulā€ of a character. (Symā€™s TP. Mercyā€™s rez. Torbā€™s turret. Reinā€™s shieldā€¦) Once established, you CANNOT touch it. This is a universal rule. No exception. (Imagine the dragonborn without the shoutsā€¦ itā€™s no dovahkin.)

7 Likes

I think the OP is too big for a responce, tbh.

1 Like

Yeah. Iā€™ve said this before, but the devs seem to comment on new, small threads. Out last megathread was massive, so there was no way the devs would say anything on it. I do think however, that while the response may not be on this thread, it will be because of it.

2 Likes

Except for the fact that they pretty much did thatā€¦

BACK ON TOPIC, Lol.

This is a smaller thread than a 5000 post mashup of everything under the sunā€¦
Itā€™s Possible But perhaps less probable that it could get a response.

Yikesā€¦ Iā€™ll consult pharah about itā€¦ >.> Donā€™t hurt me.

1 Like

[insert comment about how Bastion needs changes]
[insert appreciation on tank on E through the lens of the thread ā€œIn-depth ā€˜Tank on Eā€™ reworkā€]

[insert disagreement towards people saying he doesnā€™t need those]

6 Likes

He says in the second part of the clip ā€œIā€™m always trying to play Bastionā€.

2 Likes

Key word being ā€œtryingā€.

2 Likes

TBH bastion is super annoying currently when in the enemy team, and strong when an ally. I see why he is being ignored, he is okay/fine/mediocre. Now if you mind Im gonna go rant about how blizzard ignores the mercy feedback for 8 months straight

2 Likes

I think that was more of a jokeā€¦ I think he likes Bastion though, not sure if thatā€™s just a meme thoughā€¦

To be fair, they did not alter the idea behing it.
Mercy brings peoples back from the dead.
Sym gets you from point A to B.
Hanzo is OP. (And shoots arrows, sometimes.)
Sombra scouts and prevents you from using your best tools.
Bastion as a minigunā€¦ somewhat.

Iā€™m saying they canā€™t just replace the minigun with something else. The minigun HAS to exist.

This is perfectly on topic.

2 Likes

I canā€™t enjoy playing Bastion, Iā€™ve tried playing him a few times to get better. Especially when I got his chinese new year skin that turned his bird into a ROOSTER! <3

From what I can get about Bastion, heā€™s like a sombra or a symettra or a sniper. If heā€™s ignored, he can get the biggest threat to your team. But once people register that someone is playing them and takes them out at the moments notice, then heā€™s not contributing much to the team.

A possible rework might change that. Its been 2 years and players have learned from their mistakes, when thereā€™s a Bastion on the map, he has to go!
And with new and old heroes with new abilities and shields, its making things harder just to play Bastion and enjoy it.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been hoping and praying that this thread, this pool of information, speculation, and anticipation, would be worth an official responseā€¦ :crossed_fingers::four_leaf_clover:

Weā€™re making a huge effort guys and gals, Keep it up! :kissing_cat:

5 Likes

So were countless others.

Pretty muchā€¦ Only Bastion doesnā€™t have very much defense against his counters like the others. Widow can jump off the high ground when a Winston shows up, and then hookshot back up once he jumps down. Sombra can translocate away when she gets close to death. Bastion doesnā€™t really have these kinda of options. Itā€™s either shoot better or die, and with his spread, itā€™s almost impossible to shoot better.

Ironclad was supposed to help with that (and 35% Ironclad definitely did, though it was pretty OP), but he lost way too much damage potential as payment for it, especially considering he didnā€™t get any of that damage back once they nerfed Ironclad. All Ironclad really did for him was encourage (almost force) him to stay in Sentry more often, and made him much better at pocketing than he was before. He needs to lose Ironclad (or at the very least, put it on self-repair so that he only has the damage resist while repairing) and gain some or all of his damage back.

4 Likes

Iā€™m so happy my name made the post! I only started posting on the forums a month ago(starting in the Bastion megathread) and here I am being a dedicated supporter of Bastion :joy:

Yeah, I feel like we do swarm every Bastion thread on the forums, itā€™s like we have a hive mind or somethingā€¦

2 Likes

Please do try to stay positive, Double-0-Blizt.

You are a valued member of the Bastion mains. :smile_cat:

4 Likes