Bastion is being forgotten

What about swapping inbetween two forms of sentry? One that is designed to bist barriers and another that is designed to kill.

I’m making a write up for it along with a mobility buff for recon. Ill put it up when its done. I like having multiple ideas in circulation.

I don’t want him to outperform Soldier. Soldier can’t turn into a turret.

Recon Mode doesn’t have to be as good as Soldier, and shouldn’t be. But if Bastion can’t be allowed to use Sentry Mode at long range anymore, then Recon Mode needs to pick up the slack.

3 Likes

Proposed Change to Bastion

Recon Form

Added ability Overclock

Cool down 15 Sec (Counts down while transformed)

Lasts 3 seconds

Overclock lets Bastion move 30% faster and heal with out the use of a resource Bar. But he can not shoot while active.

This change would alow Bastion to Manuver out of fights and help him reposition to areas to maintain a constant movement.

Turret Form

Revert Headshots

Turret Form is changed into two different modes, Shredder Turret and Buster Turret. By pressing E one could transform in between the two. (1.5 second transformation, Shared Clip, Can heal through, reloads gun)

Shredder Turret

Vulnerable to all forms of CC (Stun, Boops, etc)

Spread decreased to 20% Pre rework levels.

Healing Returned to rework Status (No healing while taking Damage)

Fall off distance 35-50

Buster Turret

Invulnerable to Most CC (Hook, Halt!, Charge)

Spread increased from live version by another 35%

Healing while taking damage and while shooting. (Drains Resource Bar 50% faster)

Fall off distance 10-25 meters

These help add a little more depth to the Sentry turret, and helps cultivate new play styles with Bastion. Buster turret mostly designed to face with shields or close targets while Shredder Turret is designed for long distance fights like Bastion was before Rework. It would also make him able to defend from a distance as well as up close and personal…

Tank Form

Healing while Shooting

+50 Armour.

IC takes effect st the beginning of the transformation

Vertical Self knock back increased 20%

Horizontal Self knock back increased 50%

With the healing while shooting and the health increase will give him some more survivability and making him harder to kill while he is transforming. It also puts more emphasis on the movement of tank. Letting Bastion Jump to places to more strategically place himself.

I over shot this rework on purpose and I would like some feed back on it. (Especially on the Fall off differences in between the turret forms.) Any constructive criticism on it is welcome.

Who is bastion again???

2 Likes

Feelsbadman :frowning:

4 Likes

What if Bastion had an E ability to climb walls in Recon Mode? Slower than the ninjas, so it can’t be used as an escape.

Just for reaching the GOOD sniping positions.

that makes no sense as a hanzo I think bastion would be better with a spring like sonic in Super smash

Instead of the Overclock? Or is this just something else not relating to my idea?

Your dude summons dragons out of his exposed nipple, I don’t think you have room to suggest a robot war machine cannot climb a wall slower than said ninja.

3 Likes

I still like the idea of some form of vertical mobility

I litterally suggested giving him a spring that would make him jump up high and quickly? What is your problem?

I think the spring is much sillier, and would sooner fit Symmetra, who is actually about building odd gadgets from nothing.

A more fitting idea is Bastion have a super-jump. It would have a casting time as Bastion crouches and coils, building up power in its legs, before leaping to a chosen location. Sort of like Reaper’s Shadow Step.

It would be less effective as an attack than Winston’s jump because of the casting time.

3 Likes

In all honesty what would make the most sense is if he had a mine like junk to properly himself forward though I don’t look at Bastions legs that often I just don’t see that as being MORE realistic than a spring.

I don’t believe he means unrealistic as much as not fitting the character. I think a spring would fit Torb more then Symetra or Bastion.

3 Likes

A bounce pad would fit Sym because it’s a weird energy thingy on the ground.

9 Likes

This will be op but having an Reconfiguration: Apache will be the most fun thing ever.

5 Likes

Yeah like a gravity lift from Halo. Seems perfect actually

4 Likes

I was following a thread earlier for Bastion getting a personal shield. What do you guys think?

1 Like

depends on how it’s deployed and its strength. I think a toggled one on E for sentry with like 500 something HP would be cool. If toggled on, well, obviously it’s on. But while toggled off, it will regenerate like Rein’s barrier does but slower.

5 Likes

Maybe lower fire speed while its up? So its not up all the time, it would be advantageous to have it down while another shield is up.