Bastion E ability "railgun"

tapping the button fires a single shot that acts like one of tankmodes cannon shots but has a blue color instead and needs to be charged.

Stats:

• 120 damage on a no charge shot.
    this means just tapping the key will fire a quick 120 damage shell

• holding down the button adds 8.5 damage to the shell every 0.1 seconds. To fire, you release the E key.
    this means by charging it for 1 second it will add 85 damage to the shell meaning it will do 205 damage

• Once fully charged up you can only keep it charged for 1 second. After 1 second of holding the charge it is forced to fire.
    this means you canā€™t just hold onto a potential oneshot shell forever

• LMB or RMB cancels the shot. You lose all charge, the shell never fires, but it still goes on cooldown.
  • the cooldown is debatable but what Iā€™d suggest is maybe 6-8 seconds.

This will help vs flankers as well as giving you an option for dealing with some mid range heroes if you can hit them right. Itā€™s also fun airshotting Phara :smiley:

21 Likes

he literally should just not be touched he has the highest dps in the game and the game has more than enough shields to cover him other than that get creative.

8 Likes

Not a terrible idea, though i think itā€™d be better as a LMB ability than an E, and put E back as his Self Repair.

Really, though, i think his damage isnā€™t all that bad. I really just think he should have SLIGHTLY less spread on his sentry mode, and more damage resistnace in tank mode.

3 Likes

He needs help. The fact that he needs so many people to justify using him is awful.

Thatā€™s like saying you always need a Mercy and Moira constantly be chasing after D.va to heal her to justify her viability.

9 Likes

Sounds like an interesting idea. I like it.

1 Like

comes with having a mode that tears shields apart and an ult that can one shot people sorry you would need to change his entire character to justify a buff in my opinion.

1 Like

Junk tears down shields.

Widow one shots people.

Bastion literally canā€™t move while dealing his main damage. If youā€™re dying to a Bastion then its because youā€™re standing in the way and not flanking like youā€™re supposed to.

And his Ult is an ULT for crying out loud. How many damage dealing ults CANā€™T quick kill people?

5 Likes

he can resposition he has teamates to cover him a junkrat isnt always used widow is very hit or miss and why would you buff him against his only counter if heā€™s supposed t be flanked to kill and on top of that we have 3 characters that excel and flanking thatā€™s it.

That;s the problem. He needs multiple people to cover his weak spots than doing their job

Which is why his pickrate is always abysmal and the use of him outside of Junkertown is seen as trolling

5 Likes

I love railguns in general, so this sounds like an awesome idea. If not some manner of alt-fire for Bastion, then maybe as a new hero altogether.

2 Likes

Yeah why not let him 1 shot squishies with 1 sec of chargeup. And hanzoā€™s change is ā€œopā€ lmfao

7 Likes

He doesnā€™t even have 1% pickrate. He needs to be touched (not in that way, get your mind out of the gutter :stuck_out_tongue: )

Sure he has the highest dps but he has a crappy way of getting it to the enemy.

3 Likes

Read these:

Bastion is being forgotten

šŸ¦ The Last BASTION of Hope (A Community Made Bastion Ultrathread) OVER 300 LIKES!11!

Bastion rework idea

Bastion Megathread On His Current Situation *Bug Fixed!*

Overwatch Forums

4 Likes

Nah reworked Tank Bastion is best Bastion

Is it hitscan or projectile? Railgun sound like a hitscan but you said it like tank mode shell. If itā€™s hitscan then Oh my god! Thatā€™s OP. If itā€™s projectile how big is it? And Iā€™m assuming itā€™s 60 m/s like tank mode?

For a railgun to even feasibly work the slug has to be moving at many times the speed of sound.

Itā€™s basically his tank cannon but it has to be charged up for full damage. Itā€™s not hitscan.

Shh, people who play Overwatch might not know that. Also they donā€™t have to go that fast if theyā€™re explosive. A railgun is just a way of chucking something through the Lorentz force. Military ones firing them super, super fast and just use basically big blocks of metal because they explode anything they touch whether or not theyā€™re explosive themselves.

2 Likes

Iā€™d rather see him get a movement ability while in Sentry mode. Something like a combat roll for speed and distance, minus the reload. Put it on a long cooldown so heā€™s not juking all over the place though.

One of his biggest weaknesses is heā€™s a big stationary target. Thatā€™d help him avoid a Pharah missile or Sym orb. Downside is it forces him off the payload and away from his barrier if heā€™s playing pirate ship.

1 Like

Maybe he can summon a small 250 health shield on a long cooldown with limited up time?

1 Like