Bastion doesn't have a say in any fight. Here's why. ⚠

Bastion used to be the only turbo-burst mega-ultra-damage-hero with sustain on top and actually had a lot of weaknesses to justify his damage output.

The concept of a hero with turbo-burst mega-ultra-damage dealing with actual weaknesses is gone with the likes of Spamzo and Dumfest.

DPS power and utility creep simply removed his relevance.

Well, that and the devs taking away his damage and giving him an extra stack of ammo that you’ll never use.

Back before they removed headshots and tripled his spread, Bastion really was quite dangerous. But that was a long time ago. :c

1 Like

If players like you’ve seen in this thread, faced that Bastion, i think they’d break their PC’s in frustration at running face first into it over and over, and never doing anything different.

Forum Bastion joins the roaster. His bullets deal out 1000 damage per round and he has 90% damage reduction.

1 Like

If you ask them, yea… that’s what they thought.

The original one didn’t even have damage reduction at all…
And couldn’t move while healing.

I’d rather face that Bastion again, because even that Bastion needed his team to protect him and could not escape being flanked.

Would rather deal with that than with Spamzo.

Another buff Bastion thread that completely ignores that this hero would single handly burn the game if you make him competitive in GM. Like what do you even want? Camp at one point and get a teamkill every minute? Blizz will and shouldn’t allow this to happen.

This counter list is a joke. Good luck 1v1ing a Bastion with Mercy. And no, Bastion doesn’t need pixel perfect aim, it’s hard to take this thread seriously.

I wish people would realize that you were talking in the context of a team fight, not a 1v1. I also wish people realized that when you listed something, you didn’t always say it was a counter, but an annoyance that gets you killed. So, arguably a counter. I play Bastion at a Platinum ranking, and I agree that too many heroes can really mess with me. Not exactly sure what in particular needs to be done anymore, but something’s gotta give.

2 Likes

This right here is exactly the point i was making.

Some people cannot seem to see past “If it kills you outright it’s a counter” Because something doesn’t have to even deal much damage to suddenly counter you, even hard counter you.

As long as it aided in displacing or even distracting Bastion enough to be a genuine threat to his survive-ability at that moment, i listed it.

And yes, i did not in fact anywhere at any time state that every single hero hard countered Bastion and outright killed him instantly… that’s not how this game works.

And yet, in team fights Bastion has literally no say in things, no counter-playability himself. It’s either take whatever you’re given or lose… and often those go hand in hand.

Like… people saying i listed ultimates, and that those “Shouldn’t matter” when in fact it’s one of the largest points i was intending to make.

YES. All ultimates are meant to be strong, but in the case of Bastion, not only does every last ultimate in the game directly negatively effect him in a massive way, every last ultimate in the game can be used to directly counter him in ways that he does not have the luxury of avoiding outright.

Most heroes do not have this issue, as they have utility to aid in countering even ultimates… Bastion is not so lucky.

Once again, in a 1v1 situation this all sounds much different, but in team fights it very much holds true.

1 Like

Another reply to a buff X hero thread that assumes the maker of the thread wants their hero to be OP.

Like, that’s not a good way to argue your point.

1 Like

I do understand it though, if Bastion were balanced he would actually be able to secure kills in team fights when played correctly at times.

And we can’t have that, now can we?
One single kill would be too much, let alone a won team fight.

That would just be unstoppable.

1 Like

Chibifox, seriously question. How do you stay positive dealing with these idiots. I just finished reading all the replies and my god some certain ones made me want to slam my head into a wall

1 Like

Probably because a lot of players play bastion on mccree sensitivity instead of genji sens. He don’t need mccree’s pinpoint accuracy but does need okish tracking and 180 when someone flanks them.

1 Like

Serious answer:
I’ve seen my fair share of nonsensical and purely illogical things in this world.
But, numbers don’t lie. People do. About numbers.

PMA.
Keep a positive mental attitude. ^,^

This is good to keep in mind, but sadly not very helpful when that flanker can disable you before you can harm them enough to be a threat…

I wouldn’t stand next to a Junkrat as an invis Sombra, but i wouldn’t care about literally sitting against a Bastion.

1 Like

Depends, if said sombra hacks me as bastion(No decloak), I do have more than 75% success history of interrupting her unless she caught me reloading.

She standing next to me is another thing, but if she attempts to hack me…well let’s say she may as well play hanzo flank.

1 Like

As true as this is, it is likely that the Bastion is already occupied, so disorientation is likely.

I’m not saying the Bastion never wins, but the point is that the Sombra has generally more of an advantage in the entire situation. Even if she’s discovered, she still has a high chance at removing the Bastion from the game. Even if he’s hacked and kills her, that’s still a hacked Bastion.

I’ve seen you post on Bastion’s behalf for years now.

What exactly do you want him to be? His design, like Symmetra, is pretty niche.

Do you think number reworks would really make him better, or do you want a complete kit redesign?

1 Like

[New year, new Bastion. 🤖]

The numbers of what i suggested in that rework idea^, are a bit iffy… but i’ll also sum up the main idea here in a new format:

Firstly, Bastion’s numbers are going to look scary on paper. There’s no getting around that, if you want a balanced and effective Bastion.

But i'll tell you exactly what i would love to see for a Bastion if i myself designed one.

Firstly, Bastion would be moved to the Tank role. That is very important for this particular rework.

• Ammo in Sentry Mode is now set to 150 (Or 100 if we really needed to)

• Bastion now deploys a barrier while in Sentry Mode, non-toggleable, which appears after the transformation is complete, having an HP of 600. This barrier will ONLY REGENERATE WHILE OUT OF SENTRY.

(The numbers on this are iffy, as it would only regenerate at a slow rate while out of Sentry, meaning one single teamfight will likely remove his barrier, making it utterly risky to set up without any HP left on it, which is why i believe it should be as large as 600, and Bastion would be moved to the Tank role.)

• Bastion’s ultimate is moved to a new slot, becoming another configuration, with lowered rocket damage, reloading after each shot, with a satisfying clicking of gears as it sets into place.

• Bastion’s Ironclad is reworked, to simply change his base health into armor based on which mode he is in. While in Recon his health remains the same as it is currently, but while in Sentry mode and Tank mode, 50 of his base HP becomes armor. Making him have 150 base health, and 150 armor. Balanced as all things should be.

• Bastion’s base spread while in Sentry Mode is lowered slightly, and the inverse spread feature is removed.

• Bastion now has headshots enabled. (Headshot modifier number is up for debate)

• Bastion’s new ultimate is called “Overclocked” Bastion glows a bright yellowish red like his creator Torbjorn, while dealing increased damage and reloading twice as fast, in any mode.

As another point of view, the barrier could only have around 400 HP and he could remain in the DPS slot, as a heavy DPs.

Like i said, numbers sound scary. But in practice i still believe that he would be just as heavily punished in lower ranks, while being rewarded for higher level play. He would reload more often, which takes him a while to do anyways.
And having lowered ammo to a drastic number, such as 100 or 150, means his overall damage output would already be lowered, as he wouldn’t be able to fire for as long as he currently does.

So to answer your original question directly… a little bit of both.

(Thank you btw, for remaining civil and actually showing interest in real balance for this game. ^,^)

Really unfortunate that people would keep liking this… it only proves to me that no one who’s liking this has read the OP. As that’s the exact opposite intention of what i listed.

They literally skimmed through and saw “Mercy blaster” Under an obviously clickbait title, and assumed i literally meant it’s a hard counter. Come on… don’t twist my words please.

In fact the worst i called it was a poke gun. An inconvenience. listed because it can force a Bastion to move… yet another small weapon that can control you as a player, from afar.

1 Like

Sometimes I wonder how you struggle this much with Bastion…The only thing I fear as Bastian is Hanzo…maybe Hog if he sneaks up on me, Sigma ult?

Or the full team hyper focusing me.

Otherwise I mow them down.

I’m not saying he’s good, or doesn’t need work, but he’s no delicate defenseless baby either. Especially in low elo console where you can just spray at people as they walk towards you :woman_shrugging: