Bastion doesn't have a say in any fight. Here's why. ⚠

I wouldn’t know, also i never called him that, so again… don’t twist my words, please and thank you.

And in all honesty, i wonder what game you’re playing… any hero with good game sense, knows to poke the Bastion until it does something, which means any hero and any player can force the Bastion player, to move. That’s the main point… Bastion has no say in the matter.

And if your argument is to just move and never set up while taking chip damage, or to never stay if you take chip damage, you’ll never get anything done.

You can’t just “Mow them down” With a spread the size of a Tank, and a hitbox larger than any Tank in the game. (Yes that’s actually true in some regards, look it up)

If you set up and stay there longer than it takes to attempt to shoot at a single target, you’re probably playing in low enough elo where Torb hammers are effective weapons.

not with a statement, but the way you always describe him as…

maybe it’s how I play him, but assuming you have a team (which you should) you get heals, shields help, win the fight, and relocate…I relocate every chance I get to surprise them

Maybe I have better aim, but I literally don’t struggle aiming with him, I hit anything except for maybe a Widow perched far away (that’s a good one I fear too actually, but then that’s my fault for being in front of her)

Edit: Of course as well as my gold aim can hit, don’t take the “anything” part literally, i’m not an aim bot

i’m in gold :woman_shrugging:

And i’m nearly in diamond when i do place, after placements alone.

I’m a Widow/Mccree main. My aim/gamesense are most certainly well trained.
As well trained as they are going to be…
On Console.

Want proof?
Here’s basic training:

Here’s action:

Even with a team, you cannot block all sightlines, and if there’s a single opening, that’s it… gotta move now. Lest you allow the enemy to build ult charge off of you, or weaken you during an assault.

They control you, not the other way around.

I describe his as he is… a large hitbox, that is larger than most tanks, that cannot move while dealing worthwhile damage, with a gun that can’t deal headshot damage, with a bullet spread the size of Reinhardt at 20 meters, facing a game where everyone else can move, and is rewarded for aim.

All I’m saying is he’s not nearly as weak as you make him out to be. I feel I’ve said this before, but it’s a mistake to try and say that in Bastion threads you make.

I hope you get a Bastion you like one day. :woman_shrugging:

In higher ranks this statement may not be as true as you think.
At all.

I hope you’re right… imagine the players nowadays facing off against an original Bastion.

They would burn the forums to the ground.
Did you ever see that version?

Oh no, I’m not denying that. Just overall… he still has his place and times to destroy in low elo.

I didn’t play then (thank god), But like I said, i’m not saying he doesn’t need work or that he’s currently overpowered…i’m not one of the ones raging against him I promise :pensive:

1 Like

Keep in mind… this was balanced and even regarded as underpowered in the meta at the time:

Was it totally balanced? Hell no. It was too heavy hitting… but it was nearly balanced since he not only didn’t have damage reduction, his transformation took a day and a half, and he couldn’t move while healing or while taking damage. Taking damage would cancel your healing.

He also couldn’t hit the broad side of a Reinhardt with his Recon gun.

you know reading and watching that…a lot of his issues can probably be attested to people just getting better

people like to trash on low elo players, but they’re not nearly as bad anymore…you never see plays like that anymore, because people have become more aware and know how to deal with him

also sustain can keep teams up better against him, that’s when he becomes an easy picking

I wish they would revert stuff before buffing any heroes honestly, they seem to be doing that with tanks/supports, hopefully next they work more on dps. That would probably help heroes like Bastion, Genji, and Soldier more

1 Like

They also need to learn this trick again… it’s the players that run face first at one, then complain that it didn’t die… those are the ones who still complain the most.

Facing a Bastion takes certain gamesense, and strategy… just like faking a Widow.

No one in their right mind would run face first at a Widow, yet… get this, i get told all the time that approaching directly should work against bastion… because he cannot move.

Explain that one.
“The hero has a built in disadvantage that changes how he fights, so… attacking without thought should obviously work better”

That’s the people I love melting :smiling_imp:
Those people think that about any hero though, which I’m pretty sure is a bad move against most heroes, I love Genjis that spend all game ulting face first into me, so I can send them to their death :pensive::ok_hand:

1 Like

It’s these people that complain so much… but the other end of the scale is people who learn how to counter… then they stop feeding, and poke and prod you to death all day, without your say in the matter… until you swap heroes.

1 Like

Remember, any hero in the game will have a hard time with no support.

Any healer, tank, or DPS can make another hero look like trash if they don’t do their job.

1 Like

Bastion actually has a lot to say in a fight. At least, while he’s in turret form.

While transformed, he says “You’re not allowed to be where I’m looking”. And that goes for literally every hero, even the all of the tanks.

also

G-good? That’s a sign of good game design. You must use strategy to beat this guy. What do you expect Bastion to do, win even though the enemy is making strats against him?

This is good advice, yes.
But i did write the OP with the idea of teamfights, not 1v1’s.

And in a team fight, and one of the things listed forces you to move when the enemy can simply abuse you.

They may not all be strong, but they are things that force you as a player to change your entire approach no matter what, unless you just try face-tanking damage.

You somehow missed the point entirely… totally expected of a Hanzo, we don’t blame you.
(Disclaimer, that^ is a joke)

But the main point is, that’s when considering strategy based completely around Bastion facing strategy on the enemy team… one clearly outweighs the other.

No matter how well protected or pocketed he is, any single solo hero especially when coupled with a team, can dislodge him and force a change from the player.

And that isn’t well designed.

Bastion just needs the right tank and support heals.

My Orisa follows Bastion around. :grin:

1 Like

Bastion needs to be the right Tank.

This is an excerpt from the Reinhardt section.

Bastion is still the largest single shield destroyer in the game, hands down.

This doesn’t mean he is played all that often, or doesn’t have glaring flaws to which shredding shield doesn’t simply become too risky to do. This doesn’t eliminate the fact that he is still the #1 shield breaker in the game.

I don’t really know if that’s true numbers wise, i would have to run some tests…

But i do know one thing.
Why would i ever pick a Bastion over a Junkrat or a Hanzo to burn shields, and have more utility, and less hitbox?

Bastion is either blatantly OP in lower ranks or a desperation/thow-pick by design. A single buff or two would obliterate lower ranks and cause mass outrage.

I don’t think buffs will work. It needs to be a rework if anything

You are correct, you wouldn’t. There are too many disadvantages to having Bastion on the field, for the immense shield break to give you a good risk reward scenario.

I would love for Blizzard to give Bastion the same dichotomy as Reaper. Sometimes Reaper will win, and sometimes Reaper will lose. With Bastion, in my experience, the enemy team will only bring him out in 2 scenarios.

1. End of the match and our team is almost finished with the OBJ. Bastion will be picked as a last ditch effort to prevent shielding from the shield tank.
  2. I am having a stellar game on Reinhardt and the player thinks the only way to slow me down is to pick Bastion. This works once, but only once. And that is a huge problem.