Bastion doesn't have a say in any fight. Here's why. ⚠

“If you don’t take immediate action”

So take immediate action. Heal, shoot, move. He’s bad but if you’re going to sit still not reacting to things why even play PVP? Something that could technically kill you if you do nothing in response is NOT a counter.

1 Like

No no no, that’s not fair, I want to stay in solo on a ledge and take on enemy team 1v6 without having to use my keyboard! Pls nerf Tracer now!

Unless reworked , nobody wants the current bastion to be more powerful because we already experienced the unpleasant bunker meta.
He’s very annoying to play against as he is now. Rework his hp, hit box , shift power from turret to main , etc etc . Basically they need to make all heroes able to stand by themselves . Pharaoh and bastion are two examples of incorrect character design .

I get Bastion is weak, but this list is total garbage. You’re listing Brig and Moira as counters, and Mei’s freezing him as a counter? Then you also count ults. That’s what ults are for. Ults are generally designed to kill the enemy.

4 Likes

Hmm, it’s almost like i stated that not all things listed are direct counters, and even said individually that things are balanced and fine, but punishing for Bastion in particular, and the reason why Bastion does not have a say in fights, where other heroes would simply dodge or weave.

Hmm.

It’s almost like i wrote the words to be read.

Alright, how does Mei’s freeze punish Bastion in particular over anyone else?

1 Like

Other heroes have multiple forms of mobility, often chances to not even engage directly.

Bastion has one form of defense, one form of attack… Being there.

Mei’s freeze is particularly heavy hitting, because… there was never a chance.
Once one get’s to you, and makes sure you don’t have time to actually kill her, you lose already before she even freezes you.

Mei is actually rather balanced.

I know she is, but the idea that he’s punished in particular by a lot of the things just isn’t correct. Bastion can still kill her in under 1 second, faster than she can freeze him. And Brig and Moria also really can’t kill him. In the time it takes for them to kill him, he’ll kill either of them twice over. While he IS weak in that he’s basically stuck in one place, the idea that he’s punished more than anyone else is a bit silly, barring heavy burst like Hanzo’s Storm Arrow.

1 Like

You’re right. Bastion does not have a say in a fight, because he has already won every fight by simply existing.

We do not need Bastion buffs. We need to tone down this obnoxious box of burst damage and immortality. He’s been too strong since release, and it’s time things change.

You’re forgetting the main point, kinda… it’s not entirely about pure 1v1 scenarios… if a moira starts succing from a distance, all heroes can just… get away. All heroes have some form of “Ew no, please stop”

Bastion is designed to have to take that.
Which changes how he is effected in team fights.

Where’s the sarcastic mark… friend…

I can’t find it? And i think you may have forgotten one.

This one is also a bit silly. Bastion is only strong if you let him be. He requires SO much from his team to be usable because he’s anchored down, he’s a borderline throw pick.

5 Likes

He does not require a lot from his team. He needs a shield, and that’s all. He just presses shift, holds m1 and wins games. He is in no way a throw pick, and I’m honestly starting to wonder if you’re playing the same game as the rest of us.

Nobody cares about bastion. He’s a stupid hero and the game is better with him in F tier.

I’m, wondering if you even play OW?
Or… above bronze?

Like… Bastion still fails in teams of GM players, when they do try it… his pickrate in GM is 0.0%

I see i should be put in my place for playing this hero… again.
I’m sorry.

3 Likes

Where is your proof Bastion has a 0% pickrate?

And Overbuff is not proof, I am looking for Blizzard-approved 100% credible proof.

I play at a diamond level. I don’t know where you play, but in plat and above, beating Bastion is generally done though tactics such as using Mei’s ice wall to lift him, and letting Hanzo Storm Arrow him into nothingness, or other team play tactics. Bastion may deal out an absurd amount of damage, but being unable to move makes him VERY easy to counter.

3 Likes

Actually Bastion’s DPS Looks like this:

chart for 45 and 50 meter ranges. Spoiler, he’s really bad at those ranges…

Training dummy stats

Distance Tests RTK Std Dev TTK DPS DPR Miss Spread
0m 0 13.3 0 0.44 450 15 0% 0’0"
20m 50 20.7 1.71 0.69 290.42 9.68 35.5% 3’5"
25m 50 26.5 2.98 0.88 226.76 7.56 49.6% 4’3"
30m 50 30.6 4.16 1.02 195.69 6.52 56.5% 5’2"
35m 50 43.5 9.19 1.45 137.87 4.60 69.4% 6’0"
40m 50 50.6 9.13 1.69 118.48 3.95 73.7% 6’10"
45m 50 65.2 9.64 2.17 92.02 3.07 79.6% 7’9"
50m 50 78.9 12.28 2.63 76.06 2.54 83.1% 8’7"

RTK: Rounds to kill (measured in bullets)
TTK: Time to kill (measured in seconds)
DPS: Damage per second (measured in damage / 1 second)
DPR: Damage per round equivalent (total damage / rounds fired)
Miss: Percentage of bullets that missed (lower is better)
Spread: Diameter of the circle at the given distance (measured in feet)

Capped at 450 if every single pellet hits, but his spread is as large as Reinhardt.
And those were against training dummies in open areas.

I am shocked by the amount of stupidity I have seen here.

People who are close-minded and continue to believe heroes like Bastion are underpowered are completely out of their mind, and do not deserve a place in the Overwatch community.

1 Like

Says the player with a private profile… talk about an open mind.

3 Likes

This is the greatest definition of irony ever.

10 Likes