Basic decency regarding Mercy

This reminds me a lot of Junkrat since the nade nerf, and that still hasn’t been a response after 5 months, or is it 6? Reaper’s been underpowered for a long time, same with Bastion.

1 Like

Evidently not since you can’t even mention it in the same reply where you assert that she’s balanced.

Not according to statistics, that is… Yet again, you’re just ignoring the evidence and are acting like a troll. Please stop.

Ofc not. We can’t have actual debates if one side can’t even provide a modicum of evidence to back up their aegument.

Hige, as usual. So damn predictable.

2 Likes

She is not balanced. She is underpowered and the statistics back up that claim. She is just as underpowered as she was overpowered. It was a relatively straightforward change. If it was an issue then, it is, by definition, an issue now. You can believe what you want to believe, but hundreds of people are not going to magically conform to your delusions.

Yes. I am not referring to old changes that have not helped him the last 2-3 metas. They changed Bastion too, that does not automatically mean he is not being ignored. I brought up the bug fixes, but it was a global change. That was not a buff intended for Reaper. It was a systems change that impacted all heroes with similar conditions.

I want him to do his job instead of reworking characters to do what he does… But better. Roadhog just got affected by the global fix as well, and yet he was slated to get work done this patch and it will roll into the next PTR. I just want that… But for Reaper. Ya dig?

5 Likes

teapot meet kettle

Buddy you might as well ask for a ban, good luck

1 Like

Or maybe it’s just a very passionate few. Click on the mercy posts, they are usually the same crowd of about 20 people making them.

3 Likes

Yup. I would love to hear what their stance on the “her kit is not fun” is. A lot of threads are about that.

Personally i do not care about her getting buffed or nerfed, because i hate her current kit anyway. Op or up it does not make a difference to me.

It is not just here on the forums. Perhaps it is indicative of that; however, the problem is more or less translating to YouTube and those content creators have audiences. I am not huge on Twitter, but I saw a few. There was even that meme of someone at Gamescom, was it? I have no idea where, that told Jeff to stop messing with Mercy. It IS a wide-spread issue, perhaps not universal to the entire community, but implying only 20 Mercy mains are concerned about her balance is just ludicrous.

3 Likes

Not really since you’ve yet to provide evidence for me to ignore…

Lol, why? You also think you should get a ban? :thinking:

1 Like

for this to be true she needs to be at the bottom of all heroes and not at 46% win rate, at the bottom, AT THE BOTTOM, at least at 35%, so again, it is not the same specially not when her numbers are steadily rising

yeah and for all we know there could have been a ton more changes that didn’t make it either, this is why devs don’t comment because everyone gets super salty for no reason at all, reaper will be brought up in time if what was done to him before doesn’t work now, they have a ton more data than we do and expecting to dictate their moves with personal bias (AHEM…) will not give an accurate approach to anything

1 Like

“weekly evidence is flawed, so I look at monthly evidence even though Mercy got her changes JUST barely a month away” honestly, I’ll start ignoring your non sense from now on

1 Like

You were citing daily statistics though. That quite literally is wrong since it’s going to be inconsistent as her winrate is ofc going to fluctuating a lot. Also,

More data > Less data

It’s been more than a month. :man_facepalming: Need I continue? It’s obvious that you’re clearly not educated on the topic at hand to even be discussing it.

Coming from you, this really is meaningless…

daily statistics don’t exist on overbuff -.- you are just despicable

Relatively speaking, we never saw her with 60 HPS after the support wide buffs. Beyond that, it is harder for a character to completely not work as opposed to overpeform, as in, a character that over-performs is more likely than a character that plummets. That is reflected across the board as it is just the nature of these sorts of things. It is more perception based, from “must-pick” to “not a main healer.” That is, relatively speaking, the antithesis.

How would I be salty if they confirmed the Reaper changes that I am waiting for? Yes… I literally addressed that eventually Reaper would be brought up eventually. I am not really excited about the potential of waiting another year, however, as Bastion has.

It is weird that with all of that personal data, they could not manage to fix Mercy for about a year until they decided to say, “screw this” and bludgeoned her with a revert after buffing the entire support cast. Such a great and accurate approach.

4 Likes

:open_mouth:. Oh my. Apologies then. That being said, my point still stands.

Honestly, compared to Reaper and Junkrat, they dont need an overhaul like Mercy. Mercy’s just…a mess. I could see them getting a minor thing like how Orisa, S76 got theirs, but Mercy fix is the equivalent of Torb.

I hope Bastion gets some work done, but with all the Mercy fuss going on, at least give them a bone.

2 Likes

If it was only important to one side you wouldn’t have seen this amount of discussion. Mercy threads are on the front page every day, and there’s no clear majority for either side of the discussion.

This isn’t a tiny issue that concerns a small petulant group. This is an issue that gains a lot of traction. There’s no doubt that this is an issue that’s animating the community, and there’s not doubt that it’s gotten more heated than it needs to be. Blizzard are in charge of managing community discussion. They’re also in charge of how their game is perceived by the community.

What they’re doing now is an abdication of responsibility. The debate would be so much better with any guidance from them.

2 Likes

I don’t know of any popular mercy mains saying this, besides on that is very active on the forums, on youtube, and I don’t use twitter. (I’m sure they exist, I just don’t watch them because mercy gameplay has been a snooze fest for 12 seasons)

If you buff bastion, reaper, or junkrat, they will eat the lower ranks alive. They need more than just a simple spread or damage buff. Mercy on the other hand needs like 5 hps on her healing stick, that’s it.

So true. If people are complaining about something, why not fix the issue? That stops the complaining and creates less problems for everyone…

I am not saying Mercy main YouTubers. I am pretty sure all of the major Overwatch YouTubers have addressed Mercy in some capacity. I get YourOverwatch and Overwatch Central mixed up often as they have similar thumbnails. But I am fairly certain one of the two made them in addition to Stylosa… Probably? They all just sort of blend together in my head, to be honest with you. The point is that the issue has a lot of eyes on it.

I am not saying that this issue has the entire community up in arms. That would be just as hyperbolic as claiming that only a few dozen are concerned. The fact of the matter is that we do not know what the silent majority thinks. Not that it matters, we can infer there is a problem based on the discrepancy with the stats regardless.

In absence of decency the arguments flourish and Mercy players end up having to face things like:

All because we voice our opinions and happen to be plentiful enough to make Mercy the most discussed topic on the forums.

4 Likes