Mercy can't possibly have been designed by someone who loves playing her

Fine let me play it then.

3 Likes

They’ve been wrong about Mercy before… we just happen to think they are still wrong, and are trying to convince them of that.

9 Likes

Statistically shes balanced and ive seen many people call the support changes very good, and the pickrates are very healthy. Shes still very viable, shes just not meta. Blizz sees that, and they have finalised their position with her being in a good spot for the game right now.

Be our ally! We live in a society! Gamers rise up!

#justiceforvideogamehero #getagrippls

Dear Mercy lovers:
Mercy is not the center of the Overwatch Universe
With love, all the other players.

1 Like

Go to the hero page on overbuff. Sort by winrate. The bottom 5 heroes are…

1. Sombra, who everyone knows doesn’t really work without really good team play. Aka nearly all of ladder.
  2. Roadhog, who today was confirmed that he’s getting changes but they weren’t ready for the ptr.
  3. Mercy.
  4. McCree, who has PTR buffs literally right now.
  5. Soldier 76 who also has PTR buffs.

Gee… all 4 of the heroes near her win rate are considered bad for one reason or another and 3/4 have changes pending.

To me that indicates that Mercy also is underpowered and has issues.

12 Likes

… speechless… such hatred…

Which she did… I don’t really like FPS games but I enjoyed Overwatch because of Mercy. I no longer enjoy Overwatch because I no longer enjoy Mercy. Result: I uninstalled the game 9 months ago and haven’t played since. If they design a hero to appeal to non FPS type players then it’s rather poor design to suddenly change the hero so she no longer appeals to such players. Also, I’m not interested in learning any other hero, because I still don’t like the FPS type genre. It’s a fun Mercy or nothing…

7 Likes

YOU DO NOT DESERVE RANKS ABOVE PLAT

Are you seriously saying a hero should be impossible to play above plat?

if you’re finding mercy boring now it means you both deep down have always found her boring and you got “gud”

Are you suggesting a large number of people who play Mercy suddenly improved in skill after her rework? Yet at the same time don’t deserve a rank above plat?

15 Likes

Patch notes September 19th, 2017:
Valkyrie, her new Ultimate, gives her the opportunity for big game-making plays and opens a number of new options for her.

Why would they want her to make “Big game-making plays” then? Are you throwing shade at the devs?

10 Likes

Mate, firstly setting a character up like that is terrible game design. Secondly the game has 3 main healers. That’s not enough for one if them to be 100% unviable at ANY point.

Ever played a horror game? Or a survival horror game? Where you can’t really hurt whatever is trying to murder you and the fun and challenge comes from surviving despite that fact? Yeah, that’s the kind of fun that Mercy used to cash in on.

If in five nights at freddy’s… the animatronics randomly stopped moving and trying to murder your character… it would be extremely boring. Well… thats what happened to Mercy. After the rework and nerfs… the other players (the “monsters”) stopped chasing Mercy (the horror protagonist). Making playing as her boring and the rework didn’t really give another way to have fun as her.

5 Likes

The amount of people you just triggered by ripping on their medic bae :laughing:

Just because you’re a weakling who sucks it up every time, doesn’t mean the rest of us are.

Lots of talking for someone who’s unranked halfway into the season.

5 Likes

Whoa, someone insulting a group of people triggered a negative response? Who woulda thunk.

7 Likes

But what happened to make them change their minds?

Mercy had 60hps for over a year when suddenly they decided it was too much.

Convenient how her 60hps made her balanced with her old kit. It’s kind of like her new kit is OP and they needed to nerf her healing to balance her new kit due to rework stubbornness.

2 Likes

I guess it’s just funny to me that you even take trolls like that seriously. It’s so blatantly obvious to me that OP is just fishing for replies from, frankly, easily bothered forum mercy advocates.

Just report them if you care enough and move on. Whatever you do don’t feed them.

Would reporting actually do anything? Honest question, I’m pretty new to the forums.

Depends if enough people flag the post.

2 Likes

The OP, i.e. me, got pissed off at Jeff for his statement, hence the thread… no other reason…

Mercy is underpowered because of that 50HP/S nerf. Wouldn’t it have been more justified to try and bump up the other supports viability first before nerfing Mercy? She was in a viable spot with 60HP/S for a reason because she was consistent at keeping her targets that were being dove on alive.

Let’s put other supports at a 2 and Mercy at a 3 since she was “broken OP.” Now taking into account the Hanzo dragon boost nerf takes Mercy’s viability from that team composition away therefore she drops a tier to level 2. Now the support changes come through Moira remains at a 2 Ana gets a huge buff to nano bumping her to a tier 3 Support and Mercy receiving her healing nerf brings her down to a tier 1 Support.

That’s the problem. Mercy is now under being viable other than pocketing which was considered her “viability” prerework and we are back to square 1 except she is even weaker and less heroic.

5 Likes

FYI
For reference, I started playing in late December of 2017. I really love playing Mercy and have over 400 hours played.

I enjoy Mercy requiring thought as to whether you heal through a fight, damage buff for the quicker kill and ult generation, or flick between the two. It is engaging in a way that is different from aiming and damage dealing which is unique to Overwatch vs other FPSs (and why I loved the game.)

However, for me, the last few patches (while creating a space for other supports and re-balancing other DPS) are pushing Mercy out of competitive play and made her play less thoughtful. Here are my observations from my experience;

Concerns/Observations

1. Mercy is unable to heal through damage in most situations at this time, so damage buffing is the default now. It isn’t as interesting as there’s less judgement calls to be made.

2. Every other healer can damage and heal at the same time except for Mercy. Without healing throughput superiority she is just always on her back foot compared to other supports as her healing does not create enough impact relative to the healing and damage other supports can simultaneously put out.

3. Damage boosting not buffing hardly any ultimate’s makes her a lot less interesting to play. The hectic battlefield healing and then quickly jumping to damage buff an ult and seeing your contribution on the kill feed feels great - and we do not get that anymore.

Suggestions

1. Adjust her heal throughput to be competitive with the healing and damage output that other supports are capable of simultaneously.

2. Bring back her damage buff to ultimate’s. I know you are concerned about the Grav Dragon meta returning, but you nerfed Zarya’s grav radius. See how it goes and consider buffs to other DPS if they are not getting the playtime you want them to have.

3. Make Valk have some sort of dynamic that rewards thoughtful use of her ultimate. Maybe it makes the res faster, or it reduces the cooldown by a 15 seconds. Something to make Valk useful in more than two situations (tempo or clean up ult farming.)

Thank you,
Leukael

PS
We should consider Jeff and the devs allies. They are the people that made Mercy and they’re the only people who can make changes. They are all we have and it is short sighted to say they do not care. They may just disagree on what “better” is.

1 Like