Baptiste Heals Too Much, Makes Moira Irrelevant, Both Need Changes

isn’t that a smurf problem, rather than a mercy problem?

1 Like

It’s both, she enables smurfs.

1 Like

so how about we try to fix the smurf problem than nerfing a completely balanced hero? like nowhere shows her to be “over performing”. not even in diamond.

maybe make the level requirement for comp lvl 75, less sales, etc.

There is no way Mercy is balanced lmao

Stacked kit. Too much healing, damage boost, rez on cooldown makes it stronger than some ultimates. Insane mobility GA every 1.5 seconds with a broken mechanic you can abuse super jump

1 Like

dude she’s like overperforming nowhere statistically, even during poke meta. and listing everything good about her kit means nothing. like you can do the same with bastion.

like yeah i get she’s annoying but she’s balanced man

3 Likes

xoxo :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

Akj is so anti-mercy its almost becoming cult status at this point. Most people don’t care about Mercy other than that resurrection is annoying, but that’s about it. More people care about immortality field and other mechanics than her at this point. Damage boost was nerfed on the only character interaction remaining that mattered which was Ashe by killing the 1HKO on headshots from alt fire.

Even during peak Mercy last season in 26 Zenyatta was picked 2x times more in top 200 than Mercy was for the people that actually played Zen or Mercy as their most played character. She was often swapped out for Baptiste, Ana, and Brigitte during that time period with Hammond meta.

Even then, for the last 6 months at all ranks for overbuff pick rates Ana has consistently placed higher than Mercy for pickrates except for Bronze/Silver. Any where else they are even or Ana wins out. For a broken characters Mercy’s pretty dang underutilized compared to the time she was ACTUALLY broken during her post PTR release when you’d see Mercy pickrates at all levels of play at something like 10% and higher out of a possible 16%. Rein’s more broken now than Mercy by pickrate standards.

In other news, using Overbuff stats for healing per game is incredibly bad. They do healing/g as really TotalHealing/TotalWins. Overbuff never used to have access to people’s stats for wins, losses, and total played. Blizzard had that hidden and only used total wins in overbuff. Therefore, its outdated at this point as a metric.

Its also an incredibly bad metric because it doesn’t show the time length of the games either. If Baptiste had say +1min of play time over Moira all of his total healing would be skewed higher.

The only good stat to look at instead is say a competitive season’s top 500 which everyone can see and tally by hand what Moira/Baps total healing really is and such. Which would be really hard as there was only 1-2 Moira players in top 500 in all of Season 26.

Moira is also a way easier hero play, she’s not going to out DPS Bap because she only needs to hold m1, while his gun requires aim, and buffing her damage would be a heavy dive nerf.
Her heals could use a minor buff but they shouldn’t outdo bap because again he needs to actually aim his shots. I could probably get behind a similar system to pharah’s rocket damage w/ direct hits.

She’s meant as an introduction hero for supports she shouldn’t be that strong, same as Orisa.
Imo Ana should do the most HPS out of any support.

:roll_eyes: Imagine being Mercy main, who’s the most overtuned support rn and complaining & asking fot Bap nerfs, one of healthiest support in the game, that’s… insanely ridiculous.

He’s not overtuned and he’s not a reason why current Moira is bad. She got nerfs when she didn’t need any and that’s the reason. Bap was a throw pick before the ult and damage buffs and he’s 1 step away from going to that state again.

It was 30hps then it got nerfed to 20hps see here.

I always assumed it was 10 meters because it feels shorter than Mercy’s Beam but that probably because of the projectile speed.

1 Like

Imagine being so deluded that you call the 3% pickrate Mercy is the “most overtuned support” and the 12% pickrate Baptiste “healthiest support”

I’m gonna so enjoy your reaction when they leave Mercy alone, as always, and nerf Baptiste soon :rofl:

It’s been the time of my life seeing you and the Mercy haters speaking to a wall about her being “OP” and every patch she remains untouched bahahaha

I pray for the upcoming experimental for HoT revert :imp:

4 Likes

Moira as a kit rn is fine, she was S tier before all the weird patches came in after October. Reworking Bap would make her really good again. But buffing Moira would just be more powercreep

What is difficult about aiming at the ground next to your tanks and/or Dps? You are literally aiming at the ground and spamming. Baptiste isn’t a easy hero to play but saying his healing is difficult to use is completely non sense.

2 Likes

This post is a masterclass in presenting a detailed, cogent argument about current balance and presenting an arguably good correction to the problem.

Accordingly, Jeff and Co. will be headed to the private Discord to get feedback and next experimental Moira will now heal 45hps and Mei will receive a buff to her secondary ammo.

Everyone except for Zenyatta and Mercy heals too much.

If you’re getting 15k heals on bap per 10 you’re doing something wrong bap should Maybe have 15k combined with a little more damage than healing.

Imagine taking 30 mins good presentation corrections etc, and then bam forum got an error erase all your post. Litteraly a FML moment lmao.

1 Like

Thumb? Do people scroll their phones with their thumbs?

Am I the weird one? No, it’s the children who are weird

I do, but I have large hands. And you know what they say about people with large hands, and it’s true…

Our gloves DO cost more.

1 Like