Banning by reports is disgusting

exactly, while overwatch is much less serious that attitude carries over to other parts of life which is why we need to fight against it.

does the GM provide a time stamp?

They never provide anything

2 Likes

It is true that this system has lot of problems and an ability to abuse it. But it is currently very effective at stopping people who go too far being toxic,throwing,leaving and cheating.

It will be good if the players has any way to prove their innocence. Like the best method is recording all of your game play after a warning and giving them for inspection.
It’s not a very practical but imagine what if we have a in game record system!!! It would help immensely for players to improve, easy and effective way to record your gameplay and anyone would be able to record their past games and appeal after a ban presenting their game records.

1 Like

The better question is if a Sym player has gold damage then what are the dps players doing ? Have you ever stopped to think may be that player has a good argument ? People play what they want to play. Playing a hero that they think is best is not a reason for a valid report. That is you abusing report system because your not agreeing with the view point of another.

2 Likes

Just to give visibility to this thread & have my first post on this account, I want to say that Blizzard should probably just remove all but the 10 most meta heroes from competitive.

Getting automatically suspended for 2nd time because of hero selection is pretty annoying. GG. When I hit lvl 25, hopefully I don’t get placed 500SR below or above my real rank and screw up the matches for like 150 people on my way back to my real SR.

1 Like

I am thinking of quitting as well. Weaponising the report system to allow others to bully people is a bad move on Blizzards part. For everyone who thinks you need to be reported a bunch of times to be suspended have another thing coming when you play just 1 off game and everyone else on your team is toxic and tilted and blame you for their bad behavior.

2 Likes

No i sent a clip of the end of the game where i came out of spawn stood next to torb and and watched him build his turret next to spawn door still the entire game is still there swinging his hammer on his turret

If one thing life has taught me, that would be “There is no smoke without fire” and in all my posts in this thread, i believe that i had been advocating that everyone be culpable for their actions and perform self reflection.

I can see very clearly, now, with this post; where you stand and what your immutable views are.

I thank you for your patience in reading and engaging me in discussion as well as your gentility in your speech and manners. Good day and hopefully, see you online. :grinning:

1 Like

wait so are you agreeing with me or? i cant tell

uhhh anyway thanks for the good discussion!

Who cares? Not Blizzard obviously.

Bingo.
Its easy to read people claiming to be innocent but we dont see the amount of players being striked properly.
Even if the system was auto (which i dont think it is) … what would be the amount of reports that can be false?. Let me remind you all that in order to be punished you just need to do something against the rules ONCE

If someone is reported 40 times, sure, some of those may be false, hell even 99% of them but when someone is reported 120 times? and 341 ? at which point its SO ridiculous that you literally have to say “ok, this dude is doing something for sure”.

2 Likes

When you are not playing with a 6-stack premade, you can’t expect others to play what you want. It is a team game. Make a team and establish your power over them. In soloQ, grow up and deal with the fact that others won’t pick what you want.

3 Likes

It’s funny they say team game and play as a team, but when it does not go into their favor even when the player swaps. They will still report ya because you failed their vision of a team game. Those type of players are lying to themselves. They fail to realize if the synergy isn’t there. There’s nothing they can do to beat the team.

2 Likes

Sym does ridiculous damage right now if used correctly.

Yes people unhappy with someone else are so quick to abuse the reporting system, and feel like they are in the right. Never once stopping to question if they themselves are the problem.

What a joke. Her orbs and primary fire is useless.

My buddy breaks games with her, should I ask him to make a vod?

This is true, but it also comes with a double edged sword. Say a team is constantly getting pummeled by a Pharah. The team is always short a DPS because one of them is targetted the most, and while they are getting kills on the enemy team, none of the DPS can hitscan. Or any of the roles for that matter. Do you yell at them to play something they are worse at or let them continue with what they have as despite dying frequently, they are getting some things done? While I agree the team is best restructured to counter such comps, sometimes you do have teams where no one can hitscan so changing to Soldier wouldn’t make a difference. But I suppose this will be more of a solo queue problem.

1 Like

What were you doing to get the bans?

i agree. nice boy
blizzard have to be transparent