Banning by reports is disgusting

there is literally no excuse anymore to not play LFG as a niche one trick.

just go and find people who enjoy playing around one person who is not willing to switch when its needed.

i used the LFG once and i already met a nice person who i added on steam and play more then OW with.
its not that hard to find ppl with LFG…

if you are too lazy for LFG then learn to deal with the reports.

1 Like

Blizz penalty policy in OW is a new level of disgusting actually.

2 Likes

U can apeal, but GM refused to accept my stream videos as evidence

You only end up with some GM’s that MUST defend the automated ban system. Either they finde something far deep in your chat logs, or they just tell you that they can’t tell you the reason of the ban for personal data protection reasons.
Absolutely ********.

Big brother’s watching you!

Appeal and demand reverse bans for false reporting, you are in your right. If playing off-meta or one tricking is against the rules (its not) then it falls on Blizzard to disable all but 7(or is it whole 8)? meta-approved heroes in comp.

1 Like

I made it so I can play with other people who are LGBT… how is that a difficult concept. Anyway, that doesn’t give the right for people to join and use slurs.

and we seen how it turned some players even into more toxic players. I am glad Hots and WoW don’t follow OW path. You do have a chance with their game if you was falsely accused with a ban. They do accept appeals and review their reports respectfully. You even have the option to live chat with them where you can’t with Overwatch. That right is enough to tell ya who has the patience with their consumers when it comes to bans.

1 Like

How would you do that.
The GM will answer “The ban is right, go f**k yourself” in nice words of course. That’s all they do. They sometimes lie about that they really looked it up, what they didnt’.

2 Likes

Totally like especially with the two forum bans I got with OW, but knowing the fact Hots and WoW would accept my appeal .

1st forum ban was defending Bridgette because I called Tracer and Genji mains cry babies. Of all words that was the line that got removed.

2nd forum ban was pretty much similar, but not even close to cry baby.

OW is just too strict with their obscene rules to the point hey won’t even accept no one appeals. I did not have that experience with them as I did with Hots and WoW. They’re aware of players who can get emotional over slight stuff and can be mislead. That’s why those two games takes the extra time to review the case than 100% assume.

2 Likes

What is with this horrible fallacy? Just think for a second as to why this system is flawed.

It is a flawed system, but people dont report for no reason, given it might not be a valid reason.

So you believe that there is some threshold of invalid reports that should warrant a ban? What kind of mental hoops are you jumping through to justify that logic?

Never said invalid reports should warrant a ban. I just know people are going to report people who just play sym and torb. And im fine with that. If those players dont want to work with their team, and purposely pick a bad hero in the situation so be it.

To be honest they do report you for no reason. If anything is valid coming from them is their feelings got hurt or they didn’t win match and your performance was horrible. Trust me they report for the most silliest things and unfortunately Overwatch accepts to think it’s true. If Campbell’s chicken noodle soup didn’t play Mercy well and swap to Moira, but still got swamped. You bet the team going to report Campbell for throwing not realizing the soup didn’t get any protection from teammates due to chasing enemies and leaving payload.

2 Likes

You are directly contradicting yourself here. You want people banned for invalid reports, but don’t think invalid reports should warrant a ban.

:thinking:

I dont think they should warrant a ban but idc if they do get banned for it. That doesnt sound hard to understand.

1 Like

you can easily find a valid reason in many cases… the symm player is being asked to switch and he says “noob i got gold dmg you can switch” in voice chat?
well thats a valid report for abusive chat… if i really want to find valid reports i will.

you really really underestimate how toxic gamers are, we can’t take a stance of “guilty if reported enough” so many people take the attitude of “well you must have done SOMETHING” refusing to believe that false reports due to bias, scapegoating, etc, can and do happen, this mirrors attitudes in actual serious contexts like unfair treatment of certain groups in the justice department which is why the attitude is so chilling to me.

To be clear those two things are no were near comparable in seriousness, overwatch players are not a oppressed class for playing torb, im just pointing out similarities in thinking.

LFG function was a good start. Let’s keep our attitudes positive!

i agree

2 Likes

I wonder how those people would feel if they got wrongly imprisoned for life. They must have done something if they are in jail right?

It happens and it is crazy.

1 Like

taco articulated my views on the matter perfectly. The only thing I would add is a further reason they can and should never ban for a hero choice who is trying to win. Which hero is best under a particular circumstance is highly subjective, and players are entitled to differing opinions on the matter. Further, if you only use a hero when they’re in an advantageous position you’ll never really improve - that comes with facing and overcoming adversity head-on, not with giving up the moment the opposing team picks your supposed counter.

What is a legitimate report is a hero pick which is provably a troll pick - ie, where the player admits in chat to having given up and wanting to throw, or picks a hero he doesn’t really want to play for the sole purpose of upsetting a one-trick who now has to pick something they can’t play. Then he’s not being banned for a character pick, but for direct, intentional gameplay sabotage - the hero pick is merely a means to that sabotage, not the reason for the report/ban itself.

1 Like