Banning by reports is disgusting

At first place blizzard (!) should show proof on innocence, logs, screen shots, videos … etc. The next thing is banning by reports that stacking in a mounth (40) is like random players randomly votes for your “ban”, and then u got suspended from entire game and forums too. That is so redicolous and disgusting. Im thinking about quitting ow soon …

45 Likes

Well im sure youve been doing something for so many people to report you. Personally ive never got the message saying many people have reported me. Oh, your last season you only played torb and sym, I guess that explains it, maybe dont pick heroes that are awful on attack and make your team angry? Well at least sym should no longer be a troll pick on attack.

48 Likes

Yes im playng Torb and Sym

11 Likes

Well then, maybe stop doing that? False reporting is wrong but only play very situational heroes in situations where they are bad is also not good to do.

27 Likes

I buyed the game so i play any hero i want. Its completely blizzards fall that some heroes are situational. Lets make genji or tracer situational like sym …

30 Likes

It’s a known fact that every ban is reviewed by actual people before a decision is made.

10 Likes

With that logic I bought the game and I can only use left click on heroes if I want. Doesnt mean people wont get mad at me for it and report. Dont play situational heroes in situations they are bad in, simple as that. If you do you are hindering your team, hence the reports. Its fine for situational heroes to exist, its not fine to 1 trick them and expect your teammates to just play around your bad pick.

29 Likes

I think they should let high ranked players review ban reports. For every ban report, they should make 5 minutes of that game available to high ranked players to review and vote.

Why high ranked players?

7 Likes

Don’t break the rules.
Don’t break Code of conduct.
Don’t be a “donkey-hole”(You know what I Mean).
Don’t issue threats.

(VERY LONG LINE TO SEPARATE BAD THINGS VS GOOD THINGS)

Be nice,
Be helpful.
S some D’s(I;E when someone does something good. Compliment the fuq out of them so they feel like what they’ve done matters. This is a really good thing as well mind you).

Oh and. Congratulate your team on a job well done, on their efforts well played. Depending on whether you win or lose respectively.

Do all the above and you won’t get banned.
If you(General sense) get banned. You have deserved it one way or another.

End of story.

Oh and. Don’t play the game with the expectation that you can do whatever you want cause you purchased the game(Cause that isn’t the case) with the added
layer of expectation that everyone has to fall to their knees in your presence.
That ain’t happening either.

10 Likes

To quote the Blizzard Code of Conduct,

Behavior that intentionally detracts from others’ enjoyment (such as griefing, throwing, feeding, etc.) is unacceptable. We expect our players to treat each other with respect and promote an enjoyable environment. Acceptable behavior is determined by player reports and Blizzard’s decision, and violating these guidelines will result in account and gameplay restrictions.

This means that Blizzard does use Player Reports to find player’s who are violating the Code of Conduct, but they still make a conscious decision to take action against a player based on the evidence presented.

General advisory to everyone, I don’t consider general discussion about the Blizzard Code of Conduct a violation of the Forum Code of Conduct, but discussion of specific account actions are. The original poster didn’t specify if they were account actioned or not, so I have not flagged that post.

1 Like

“evidence” is a 40 reports per mounth …

1 Like

Aha that is fair then.

Thats my own playstyle. None should care about this.

5 Likes

…You do realize this is how reports work right…? They can track this stuff…

plays only torb and sym, doesn’t switch, wonders why he gets reported. at least this is working as intended.

23 Likes

Is OP playing in comp or QP?

If its QP then shouldn’t be reported if its comp you are going to get reported and I would be one of them.

If your not going to play serious go play QP its what its for.

2 Likes

That’s actually been solidly proven wrong. The entire system is automated. Stevoo the infamous sym one trick even had it figured out to within an hour or two when he would get banned. He would say, “well I played eight hours yesterday, if I keep playing today I should get banned around 4:30” and sure enough it would land right around that time.

12 Likes

I would rather team up with a great torb or symm than a wack widow or hanzo.
I hate this :poop:

4 Likes

Or when Fuey was banned twice. Pretty sure Blizzard had to white-list him after that embarrassment.

14 Likes