Autoban system is embarassing and pathetic

Nice straw man as bait…

I ain’t biting tho.

In 2500 hours I have been suspended once. If you are getting banned you’re doing something wrong.

1 Like

If you genuinely aren’t cheating it’s worth googling because there are other programs that could be on your PC that the blizz scan THINKS is cheating software (for future accounts)

That being said i’ve had the same account for about 4 years and i’ve never been banned so… Not sure what to say lol

No one ‘needs’ to be flamed, you’re in breach of the CoC and deserve a report every single time you do this.

Both parties are in breach of CoC and deserve a report.

You’re being deliberately obnoxious, and trying to make people feel even worse after a loss. Report deserved here too.

No, you’ve given multiple examples of you saying things that rightly get you reported. It’s not about “you can’t say anything without being banned”. If this is stuff you’re willing to admit to in a post trying to appeal to people to see you as a victim of false reporting, I can only imagine the stuff you say that you’re not telling us about.

At this point I’m starting to think I’m being had by some copypasta or meme, because there surely can’t be so many dumb people saying “I got punished for nothing. All I said was “you are hot garbage at this game, I hope you meet an untimely end”.

3 Likes

But imagine being so weak and so easily offended by just some words that you must take someone elses game away with that. That’s the hilarious part. Went playing CS2 after long years of not playing CS:GO and it’s so refreshing to just have a casual banter and no one gives a damn. Or joking about anything. Joking in chat of Overwatch is like a minefield, you just can’t ever know when someone will be offended and make your game disappear. I was once making fun of myself and someone literally reported me on that and I got suspension for it. I kid you not. Game Master was tone deaf as always on the appeal with whatever lame excuse they always give as a reason anyway. This nonsense is so absurd in Overwatch I just can’t fathom it.

3 Likes

True in OW1. Not true in OW2. Well, they shifted what constitutes “doing something wrong”

Agree to disagree. :wink:

When you tell your tank to stop charging in alone and repeatedly dying, that’s not “flaming”. That’s just telling things the way they are. Now, a normal person would take that as an advice even if the advice included a lot of F words and wait for the team next time. But that’s not the Overwatch way. The Overwatch way is to instantly get offended and report that person and then continue to charge in alone and repeatedly dying. Now, that IS the Overwatch way.

3 Likes

Preaching to the choir here. Sadly, it’s not worth losing my account over, so I’ve opted out of text and voice entirely. OW2 at its finest.

If you have problem with the rules, then take it up with Blizzard, not with the users!

2 Likes

Quality as always Trickster.

Lol. Yeah, the rules. Only rule in Overwatch is “everything can be offensive, but we won’t tell you what exactly”. Good luck!

1 Like

Again, take it up with Blizzard, not with users!

Users can’t change them, Blizzard on the other hand can!

Same. It’s just unfortunate I realized it so late after getting bunch of infractions already because of crap no one would thought of anything in any other game. But her in Overwatch it’s the worst crime ever.

Lol, yeah sure. Blizzard will change. Offended people and Blizzard are like the best buds ever.

2 Likes

Me too. I mean why would you think otherwise, it was never an issue through all 6 years of OW1.

I’ll just report them, thanks.

They’ll look at the logs, but if they don’t find anything, and even if you haven’t written anything in chat since you created the account, they’ll just cite Code of conduct.

I posted about it elsewhere. Let me see if I can find it.

With that attitude they won’t for sure!

1 Like

I prefer not to use chat at all.
Every phrase in the chat is an inch closer to a ban.

And I posted the screenshot of the e-mail as well. My appeal was denied, naturally and now I just opt out of voice and text to avoid any further issue.