[ATTENTION PLZ!] Hanzo's Head-Hitbox is fixed, 2 Testing Videos

Greetings everyone,
Here’s a BIG news for all of you, especially for my Widow Mains is that after 2 years of the game’s release and after this all of your long running struggle, thankfully that Hanzo’s Head-Hitbox(Critbox) has been fixed :fireworks:

I’ve done 2 testing videos with normal skin and wolf skin and found out that this problem is no longer there.

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38V6bjoERAg
(Normal Skin)

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZmynWIh8jY
(Okami Skin)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now with that out of the way, here’s some history and explanation behind the post.

During the times of beta, Hanzo had a lot of issues with his hitboxes. The most notable and common of them was his arrow hitboxes being too large and people described them as ‘size of a bus or truck’. This was nerfed later but still some players were unsure whether this was the case or not. So in a thread on 3 Mar 2018, Geoff Goodman himself came on the forums and addressed about it

However, there was one another issue that many people time by time started noticing and complaining was the issue with Hanzo’s Head-Hitbox, which was being considered as smaller and hardest to headshot then other heroes. Many top tier widow players even complained about this on the forums but unfortunately this wasn’t addressed.

On Nov 15, 2017, one guy uploaded an interesting video and cleared us that Hanzo’s Head-Hitbox wasn’t actually smaller or tiny than other heroes, it was basically his bow that blocks his head from headshots, turning them into body shots as a result. We all have seen that video but still I’m giving the link so that those who aren’t aware of this can see that.

-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HqQq4PAB7w

As of now, thankfully that this problem has finally been fixed as I’ve shown you in the clips above.

Note:
Before actually coming to know about this, I myself was unsure when exactly this was fixed since this hasn’t been mentioned in any of the patch notes.
One thing I’m definitely sure about is that I started noticing this after the new Symmetra (Reworked Version) patch came live. Before as Hanzo, I never had problem against Widow, but after the new Symm patch, I started having troubles in fighting against her as Hanzo.

In order to check this, I myself tried Widow against him in Deathmatch to see whether this was true or not and surprisingly I was able to easily headshot Okami skin Hanzo.
Now after testing this out in custom game, I’ve shown that Hanzo’s Head-Hitbox has been fixed and now he can easily be headshotted by both Mccree and Widow.

6 Likes

Here are the links to your vids in the order you put them.
(for easy viewing)

3 Likes

What other outdated claims will be used against Hanzo?

2 Likes

Actually it’s not a claim since this was the case before.

People were still using it now. It was the case before, but it no longer is, that’s why i say it’s outdated.

3 Likes

yes you’re right, that’s the reason I made this post.

Logs argument will always come back, give it time.

1 Like

Yeah, definitely looks better. I’ve really only been playing casual-fill for a while, so, hadn’t noticed. Glad it was finally addressed, it was really frustrating to deal with.

1 Like

I like how his head bobs when he gets shot in the face with Widow. That is some hardcore headbanging/whiplash, right there.

1 Like

Thank you friend :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My pleasure!

2 Likes

But the bad part is that this has not been mentioned in any of the patch notes.

3 Likes