In keeping track of the stats of key heroes affected by the most recent patch, I have found that things are starting to level off after 3 weeks. I’m doing this because I think data is good and we should all look more at what is actually happening instead of the hyperbole that sometimes happens.
Here are my key take aways from this week.
Hammond seems to have started picking up at GM. His winrate this week is significantly higher than last week.
Zarya and Reinhardt both lost some ground this week, not much but some. This is 3 weeks in a row that their pick rates have decreased.
Zarya lost much bigger at GM than overall.
D.Va had a slight increase this week. She’s still significantly down overall, but has basically leveled off at where she is going to be.
The Reaper bump is over. His pick rate is back on the downswing. It’s higher than before the patch, but it is starting to go back down. His win rate is still pretty good though.
Orisa and Hog were not hugely affected by the patch.
Brigitte is the biggest loser. She has been knocked down and stayed down.
General Stats
Hero
Pick Rate Before
Pick Rate After
Win Rate Before
Win Rate After
Reinhardt
12.30%
11.77%
51.75%
51.41%
Orisa
1.75%
1.93%
51.89%
52.65%
Winston
2.77%
2.64%
48.39%
47.95%
Hammond
1.83%
1.94%
51.28%
51.33%
Zarya
6.55%
6.23%
51.01%
50.77%
D.Va
5.41%
4.76%
51.26%
50.44%
Roadhog
3.02%
3.31%
50.11%
50.03%
Brigitte
2.35%
1.88%
55.31%
54.27%
Reaper
1.99%
3.98%
49.9%
52.23%
GM Stats
Hero
Pick Rate Before
Pick Rate After
Win Rate Before
Win Rate After
Reinhardt
11.97%
10.82%
54.34%
55.92%
Orisa
1.11%
1.20%
56.83%
56.53%
Winston
4.63%
4.93%
53.87%
54.70%
Hammond
2.16%
3.02%
52.29%
56.02%
Zarya
11.06%
9.58%
54.64%
54.46%
D.Va
8.53%
6.71%
52.35%
51.95%
Roadhog
1.19%
1.48%
53.07%
52.35%
Brigitte
5.14%
3.29%
54.02%
54.16%
Reaper
0.08%
0.88%
45.45%
55.83%
If you want historical data, here are the links to my last 2 posts for the first 2 weeks.
On a side note, this will probably be my last post for this patch as it seems things are not changing much now. I’ll look next week and only post if there are any major changes. But I suspect the only real change next week will be that Reaper continues going back down just a bit.
Second side note: Here’s the current competitive role breakdown as it stands right now.
Supports - 35.47% / 4.26 per game
Tanks - 32.95% / 3.95 per game
DPS - 31.58% / 3.79 per game
As expected, the sky did not fall, and contrary to the incredible amount of crying on these forums about Reaper being OP and this being the entirely wrong buff his win rate is now pretty much in line with many other heroes in the cast. Tanks did not go extinct or even do more than shuffle around a bit as you’d expect after some changes.
This is a little bit of a stretch…but technically wasn’t tracer affected by the armor nerf as well?
The armor made her damage a joke, I was wondering if the slight nerf made her more viable.
I play her regardless and I have been doing ok, I just wanted to know the numbers if possible.
I have a feeling that a mass majority of forum dwellers are in low SR; a reaper with decent aim and decent game sense is generally unkillable in low SR (i have a smurf account).
In high silver/low gold I have been able to solo contest upwards of 3 enemy players in their own spawn.
Reaper gets instantly rekt by hanzo/cree/ashe in anything above plat, but below they just don’t have the skills or game sense to be able to take him out normally.
There were a lot of heroes that had their damage affected in some way or another by the armor patch. Tracer did, but only if she headshots. I pulled some numbers. The date of the patch is the 24th. She didn’t really go up that much, but she did have a slight increase in pick rate. Her win rate actually is just a little less though at GM.
hammonds pickrate is just climbing because people are tired to play the same tanks all the time… they are starting to figure out how to play him… aka being most annoying at him.
I expect Reinhardt’s pickrate to go down a little more and then level off around 9-10%. I don’t think it will go under that until something more effective is done to change the meta.
To be clear, I’m not saying Reinhardt is too strong or anything. I’m saying that I think he is just the main tank that fits Goats best. So I don’t think he will drop too drastically beyond what he has already.
Contrary to what people on this forum tell you, I do think there are some big changes coming soon though, so it’s impossible to say what will happen for sure without knowing what the new hero/balance changes will be.