Are people actually whining about a skin?

It should’ve stuck to the Blizzcon color scheme and make it blue and silver. This skin belongs in the Halloween section.

They didnt need to put the skin in a ticket sale they could have just sold the tickets without it and add the skin in an event. But no, cash is cash and selling legendary skins is pretty common now since Pink mercy it seems, all stars and now this. Seems many future skins will cost around 15-40 bucks

I dont see what the issue is, so what if some skins are behind a paywall? Its not pay to win or anything, its cosmetic.
The all stars skins you can get for free, you dont have to pay any real money for them.
Yeah they could have sold the skins on their own, but as I said people are paying for these Blizzcon tickets, so in order to make their ticket more valuable they add in extra bits and bobs. Skins included. People paid for the widow noire skin, because they preordered and therefore get extra privileges. Its the same here…
I mean, its not like people NEED these skins. Theres been 3 legendary skins so far that you cant get completely for free, one of which all the proceeds went to charity. We still get multiple skins in events, and multiple events a year. We had the nano cola cola, and I feel like they may be doing more of those since it was so successful.
Point is, (beside paying for the initial game of course) this game is free to play, with everything but a few skins not being accessible.

thanks

I have never read a post about people complaining about the Charity skin, so obviously you’re off in your own world with that one.

Secondly people are complaining because its not the typical blizcon skin, running with that, OW has seemingly changed tactics in the last few months ever since the Charity event, before the charity event almost everything was obtainable with playing the game, after it came the Lucio Emote (Which is now 10$), Pacific/Atlantic Skins, and now this skin, because obviously Bliz wants a cut of the 12 million they were able to raise from the Charity event…

There were no whining on Blizzcon exclusive skins because they were recolors.

They whine now because the Demon hunter is the skin that they want, that can’t be accessed (later on) because it is exclusive for those that bought the Virtual or Physical ticket to Blizzcon.

They want the reward of a Blizzcon attendees without actually doing anything related to Blizzcon. Many could put buying the Virtual Ticket is the same, but those who do get livestreams and full access to everything that happens in Blizzcon.

This happens before with the Lucio’s emote, which have been made into it owns separate entities that can be purchased without having to buy the Pass. However, this skin is a once a year, exclusive thing that would never return.

Doesn’t make it less stupid like the Lucio’s emote complains though.

2 Likes

Nope, we are criticizing the anti-consumer business practice. The skin is pretty dope. It would be nice if it were available by some other means that would encourage me to break the funds out.

1 Like

Plus, they were ugly as heck. Dark Blue, Black and Silver is not a nice color combination.

For the record, Grey/Orange for the “Overwatch League” skins are not a nice combination either. But I understand they saving the more marketable color schemes for the actual teams.

I want to share with you some of my personal story with Overwatch’s paywall stuff.

I saved money to buy the Valiant skin pack, and I ended up not buying it because I overbudget for that, and Blizzard still priced the 2600 tokens pack for more than I had saved.

I paid for the Mercy skin specifically because it was a charity event. The skin is nice, but not $15 nice. Heck, it was not even $10 nice, which is also why I didn’t even thought about buying the all-star skins.

I was ok with the Lúcio emote thing because I think the OWL Season Pass had enough stuff attached to it, that the emote was the cherry on top, not the brunt of the pass. Even if you only bought it for the emote, it would come with ~20 extra skins. That is closer to the $2 price I was expecting the OWL skins to go by.

I want the Sombra Demon Hunter skin because it’s nice. I don’t want it badly enough to pay $40 for it, and anything else that might come with the ticket will be worthless for me because I don’t play any other Blizzard game.

This is compounded by the fact that by the time Blizzcon is rolling out, I’ll be at work, and I can’t see the panels live, and I’m sure anything “relevant” that happens in Blizzcon will be frontpage of the reddit when I arrive at home, thus ruining the “surprise” of watching it at my own time. So, the ticket itself have little to no value for me.

Even after all that, I’m also perfectly fine with Blizzard asking for how much they want for any skins they want to sell us. Each individual player know the value of their own money, and how much they will play that specific character. As long as its only cosmetic stuff, I’m fine.

The moment they put a game mode, a map, or a character behind a paywall, is the moment they cross the line for me.

This I know too well.
Since it happened to me with every TI. Never watched any of the opening ceremony since it is always in the middle of the night.

As far as I am concerned, so far it is only skins, they aren’t that cruel to lock perks behind lootbox like EA did.

It’s based off of another Blizzard game though, so I feel like it makes sense that its for Blizz(ard)Con

I absolutely saw people complainikmg about the charity skin. “15 dollars is to much for a skin” “make an option to pay what you can” sort of things. I was not part of the forum when the event happened, it was mostly people complaining on the overwatch Facebook page. And I still stand by my opinion that complaining about a cosmetic item that doesn’t effect gameplay in anyway in a game where 99% of cosmetics can be gotten for free is dumb. :slight_smile:

First world problems from “some” entitled players.

As some people in parts of the world are starving, homeless, poor and separated from loved ones by war, “some” players decide to argue over… a game skin.

2 Likes

Reading people complaining about these things I was thinking exactly the same. The skins don’t give people magical SR boosts and they don’t affect gameplay.
Most of them are free updates to the game.

1 Like

There’s actually stuff floating around of a screenshot on the announcement page that there will be another opportunity for the Sombra skin in 2019.

1 Like

I know, that is why I edit the reply a bit

I agree we are, but there is a reason

• it’s not a stupid recolour like how it is for monkey and bastion, its legendary which makes it probably the best skin in Overwatch right now, and it’s crazy that Blizzard will offer it only till the blizzcon event.

We’re talking about a game that doesn’t have really anything going for it anymore. Except skins. It’s not like they announced a single player campaign. That comes with Sombra’s skin for $40. That would be worth the price.

Apparently everyone that says anything in opposition to any Blizzard decision is just “whining” or “crying” or “salty”.

1 Like

Yeap, it’s not another Winston just recolored in blue chrome LOL

1 Like

some people take playing dressup very seriously