Are people actually whining about a skin?

And btw, no one ever cried about winston and bastion’s skins when released at blizzcon…

People are…

1 Like

That’s why you stick to making recolors. There’s gonna be no complaints. It’s when you make a quality item, you will get complaints. The item needs to be on sale for everyone. It’s not the fact it’s being sold. It’s being sold in a restricted way.

Sombra is basically Tomb Raider 2. Xbox gets it first (Bliz pass). Than next year. Everyone can go buy it (normal purchase). Yeah, that worked out well with Sony fans. The fanbase that the majority buy the Tomb Raider games.

Ok, but again, you don’t have to buy the skin…

People are rightfully upset theres content (which skins very much are) hidden away behind a paywall in a game they already paid money for.

If Overwatch was a f2p game all these special event skins would be completely fine. But it isnt. And in a full-price game there should not be content thats only available if you pay extra money.

Well, to be fair people were complaining about the Pink Mercy skin, the D.Va event skin recently – and even the Kerrigan skin for Starcraft’s 20th anniversary, which shocked me because that skin was excellent and absolutely free and you just needed to login to the Overwatch game to get it.

Tbh it doesn’t look like a halloween skin, if it wasn’t originally intended for blizzcon when it was made, since none of the other halloween skins were directly related to blizzard games outside of overwatch, it seems more likely that it was held back from the blizzard world celebration skins.

Dont’cha think? It is a carbon copy of Valla the Demon hunter from the diablo series signature look.

It doesn’t affect your ability to play the game whatsoever, and this game COULD BE RUN LIKE EA RUNS THE GAMES. BUT games as a live service continue to cost money to keep going, so I support them fully on making a profit.
This skin also according to the bottom of their virtual ticket page :†The in-game items for Overwatch, StarCraft II, and StarCraft: Remastered will also be available separately in 2019—further details will be announced at a later date.

It won’t be locked forever behind a 50$ paywall, it will be either reduced in price as a single item you can buy, or given as an event challenge like the HoTS ones of the past or an in overwatch challenge like the nano cola one. Skins ARE in game content, but essentially they are only cosmetic completely optional and non game impacting content.
I think that is completely fair, and I think you just want something to be outraged about that 100% in the grand scheme of things DOES NOT MATTER.

It’s more surprising that you’re surprised that the Overwatch community is crying over a skin. This is standard procedure around here.

You’re whining about people whining about a skin.

Not true. Last time I bought a ticket, panels were missing and plagued with technical difficulties which leads to streams commonly being cut for minutes at a time. There was also an over emphasis on esports last time, which is fine but I bought the ticket to watch things like the engineering panel… not the SC2 tournament. If you just watch it on YouTube you actually get the whole thing. One panel I was watching stopped working midbroadcast and the footage was lost. Though I paid for the ticket, I had to go to YouTube to actually watch it.

I contest that the ticket isn’t worth it. The only reason to buy it is for the goodies. Goodies that will be made avilable in 2019 now for some reason.

1 Like

And you’re whining about people whining about people whining. Pot, meet kettle. (and before you say it, no, I’m not whining about anything. Just pointing out hypocrisy)

I sense you are the type of person who talks about these parts of the world that have problems but doesn’t do anything about it… Just like the people who see someone throw away food and say ‘‘Children in Africa could have had that’’ … get off your high stead my dood…

I work with United Nations sustainability and humanitarian. But good guess :+1:

1 Like

You necro’d a resolved post just to sneer at someone?

2 Likes

Do all of yourself a favour. Instead of complaining about skins, you should have use the time to practice your overwatch skills and git gud.

Blizzard has always done this across a lot of their games - made time-limited content behind a pay wall. I’ve no idea why people are complaining about Sombras one. If you look at World of Warcraft, for example, there are a multitude of items in that game that could only be gotten at a certain period of time in a very particular way.

There was mention about them becoming available in lootboxes in 2019. Which, I like because I didn’t have the game in the blizzcon 2016 and 2017…but I don’t like that the purchase I made is becoming redundant. I purchased it because I support Blizzard and, yes, I do like the skin but think of it this way…what is Sombras primary ability?

You aren’t going to see her skin very often because she should be in stealth mode the majority of the time! xD