Anyone here that has played since launch?

Been here since pre launch, for I am, BASTION

1 Like

started with seasons 3-4.

Been here since the beginning but I took a year off after I deleted my account after the Blizchung scandal.

Been here since I was lucky enough to get into Beta 1! Crazy to think of how far the game has come since the days of 6 Mei’s on a single team.

1 Like

Same here. Late 2015 beta period.

Been here since the first Console Beta on PS4 (I don’t remember when that was). I come and go depending on where the balance is these days since we don’t really get content anymore, and have put in thousands of hours into the game and don’t regret it one bit. I’ve got 3 decades and some change in the game now and this easily one of my top 10 games of all time, right up there with some SNES classics from my childhood.

I don’t think I’ve ever put that many hours into a shooter-even Socom 2 (I’m mostly an RPG kinda guy).

1 Like

I would have purposefully not bought Overwatch during that time period to make sure I didn’t get the skin :joy:

All jokes aside, it is cool to own exclusive skins but man is that an ugly skin in my opinion.

This echos my thoughts on why I stuck around for so long. Being able to contribute in a team based game and not have it be all about clicking heads was a huge driver of my returning time and time again. I don’t investment myself as much as I used to into the balance of OW anymore however and just play till I reach exhaustion with Overwatch and move between some other game.

This is why I’m ironically concerned with OW2. Unless somethings changed OW2 is supposed to flat out replace OW1 which is what I know and am comfortable with, and will come with a huge rebalancing effort. If I flat out don’t like what they’ve done I get no recourse to go back and play OW1 unless they do some kind of legacy release like with WoW classic. I guess OW2 will be the turning point if I continue to come back to play again.

Played since open beta, stopped caring about comp when I hit t500 in season 6. I still consistently played a decent amount of comp until I think season 11? I started playing in teams and tournaments which killed my motivation to play normal comp, stopped even placing around when double shield showed up.

Also, just 100 levels away from max border reset lmao.

1 Like

I started playing not long after the first Halloween event. I’m surprised I’ve stuck with this game for so long.

I found the enemy’s teleporter!

3 Likes

Played since beta. But I hardly care about Overwatch anymore thanks to Blizzard escentially abandoning this game. They only give us eye candy now to try and distract us from the content drought (seasonal cosmetics)… and no. Cosmetics do not count as content. New maps, heroes and new game modes do.

I very rarely visit these forums anymore, however I still visit once every few weeks just to see if there is any news updates. The only thing that interested me a bit was the massive balance update about 2 weeks ago. Then I realized it was a meaningless thing that will not affect the live game at all. What a waste of developer’s time. Sad.

I cannot imagine Overwatch going through yet another year of no content, which is why I have pretty much moved onto other games, and the best part about these games is they are not abandoned by their developers.

2 Likes

Yes ive been here since round 1 of the beta invites and ive seen a lot of stuff through the game. But i have had my account banned since then. And all honesty the big moments for me when the game when to poop

1. Added in Favour the Shooter. It is such a dodgey mechanic, and before you people well you benefit from it too, yes i know i do but it doesnt mean it isnt a poo thing.

2. Added Role lock - Prob one of the worst moves that has happened. Game was marketed on choice of hero and being able to change the hero on the fly. You are limited in that now and never should have been.

3. 5v5 announced. Going to make tanks hate themselves even more. More pressure on the tanks to perform better meaning more people wont want to play tanks leading to the queue timers again and back to where we are now but just with a 5v5 format

They are the big things that ruin the game

I bought Origins Edition about a month or two after release. Though, to this day, I never bothered with Comp aside from some random matches lol. I never could take this game seriously anyways but back in the day comp matches were too long as well (got PTSD from this “amazing” KOTH match which went on forever and had an annoying little whiner trying to micromanage the whole match) and by the time they changed that I had like no interest at all.

Ye played since s1, not that I’m proud but was banned on my first acc, then kinda ‘‘calmed down’’ but I miss season 1… every hero could be played

1 Like

I am playing since Open Beta, though since they basically abandoned OW I only come back to grab event cosmetics and doing my placement matches.

I am absolutely not a fan of what they have shown of OW2 PvP so far (5v5 might be the dumbest thing they have ever come up with), so I might even stop playing the game entirely :worried:

3 Likes

they shown anything? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

ye rn we don’t even know what kind of game it will become, I just wanna give a try then I fear I will go back to LOL .

and ye 5v5 is one of the most stupid decisions ever.

2 Likes

As Sombra would say, " BEEN HERE ALONG !!

1 Like

I have had the game since beta, but I have not played in every comp season.

1 Like

I’ve played since the second day of release and even got the Widow pre-order Noire skin somehow.

I used to play this game every single day and made a bunch of friends from it, but I don’t play a ton anymore and we’ve all moved onto other things (together). One thing I can praise OW for is I found my best friend from this game. Even though she doesn’t play it anymore, we still play some games together and talk all the time. Even plan to meet up for the first time ever soon.