Any word on symmetra?

The only good comparison would be Pharahs rockets, which are faster.

All 3 have distinct advantages over Syms orbs. For one, all 3 have a boop that can make a follow up shot easier and can disrupt an enemies aim. Junkrats projectiles linger in an area and occupy space better than Syms orb.

The biggest advantage? Junkrat and Pharah have their full damage on hand immediately. Sym still has to wait a full second to achieve the 120 dps shared between their projectiles. Zarya does less damage with her projectile at full charge than Sym, but again, a full charge Zarya with a 45-90 burst that boops you and makes tracking predictable alongside a 195 dps beam. Her charge mechanic is also more user friendly than Syms beam.

There are far more advantages to these heroes shooting the ground that Sym does not have access to, therefor, not factoring in turrets, direct hits on unaware targets are what you have to go for.

Everything about Syms damage is delayed when heroes similar to her have access to it immediately or more easily.

1 Like

Her beam is complete garbage. No decent dps at silver would let a fight last the time needed to kill someone with that beam from level 1 with even something like an aim bot level tracking. Her balls are fine, but can use a bit more splash. Her tp needs to be quicker to be reliable in combat as I honestly forget it exists sometimes.

The turrets have become the main damage ability of symmetra. Her orbs made her sligbtly more cknsistent at mid range. At close range she is objectovely much worse than old symm because how shield gen and photon barrier in cloae combat were very important towards survivability.

2 Likes

Actually overall, symmetra is less breain than before. The new symmetra can rely on spam completely, and nebe rhas to know hiding spots, optimal turret placement, optimal tp placement, pressuring the shield tank, and the perfect moment to engage woth the beam, how to time your proton barrier in a fight. Symm before had one advantage = yhe beam multikill moment which wabused enemy inability to focus fire.

1 Like

Sheā€™s a very niche pick and people barely play her.

The rework failed.

2 Likes

This is my long winded feeling about Symmetra:

The 3.0 rework is not the Symmetra we need. She is underpowered without support and needs some tweaks, some minor, some major, to her kit.

Her beam buff to 12m was a start. But the tick rate. Come on.

Being such a versatile Queen itā€™s surprising that her rework was not more creative.

She needs more HP or Shield. 250 to bring her in line with Mei, Reaper and Brigitte.

She could easily have her old throwable Photon Barrier back. Just give her the same mechanic as Moira uses for throwing an orb. That way Symmetra can throw a turret or a shield. Look, some survivability.

Speaking of turrets, the fact that Symmetra has 3 turrets instead of an even number is against her character. I mean seriously. ā€œOrder and discipline, that is the only way.ā€
Three turrets. THREE. An odd number. No way would Symmetra carry three. IMO three is probably the right amount but again it doesnā€™t seem in her character. The cooldown really needs to be reduced if she is meant to be damage so she has more access to this damage potential.

Okay. Her gun. I like her new gun. Iā€™ve had lots of POTGs with the 180dps beam. What I donā€™t like is how ineffective it is at starting or against armor. Again, tick rate. This is a quality of life thing that really needs addressed.

The secondary fire. Yeah. I get a lot of picks with it. Itā€™s faster charging and uses less ammo but it lost its uniqueness when it lost the piercing.

Now, hear me out. I know the old piercing would be OP at the new firing speed but there is a way around this. Let us switch between 3.0 and 2.0ā€™s gun via a Mercy Blaster/Torb Hammer switch.

This would let lower levels have her old lock on and high levels have the skill beam. Symmetra could truly be the versatile queen we all know she is.

If I had my own way iā€™d have her old lock on the first charge and then the straight beam on 120/180dps. Maybe even just have the animation centre on the target to help with the tracking.

Okay. TP. I understand why it had to change. It was basically a delayed Huge Rez. The new TP does have a lot of potential and iā€™ve used it effectively on Volskya and Hannimura to great effect. However itā€™s buggy, especially when there are railings and iā€™ve had it break far too often for no reason.
More often that not I find myself throwing it up just to give me something to do. Itā€™s here when the old Shield Gen would be of benefit. Just for that same short deployment time but it would be game changing. Almost a mini Lucio Sound Barrier. That would be useful. This could be on a sane mechanic again as the Moira orbs.

Her new ULT, there is literally nothing I would change. However something to consider would be to supercharge her turrets during this time to actually make her damage. Or let her actually lock-on, like Soldier or McCree during this time.

I donā€™t think these changes are OP. I think many would be easily implemented and could really polish Symmetra into a DPS to be reckoned with.

Oh yeah. And a highlight intro/victory pose featuring her golden gun if nothing else.

2 Likes

No?

The ability to throw turrets makes for much more of a difference between good and bad turret placement. If theyā€™re easily destroyed theyā€™re placed poorly and little thought was put into them.

Optimal TP placement in a coordinated fight or even for yourself can make the difference between a lost fight and a win.

The beam takes the most thought, if you use it improperly or engage with it badly youā€™re dead, but being smart with it will enable you to melt the enemy tanks and barriers quite easily.

Iā€™m sorry but youā€™re completely incorrect.

2 Likes

It seems that people think the beam is to be used against anything other than tanks and shieldsā€¦ Well, maybe genjiā€¦
But other than them, you never use your beam.
Itā€™s the same as with Mei.
You donā€™t use your primary.

Against tanks you are better of using the beam.

At her optimal range (the max range of her teleporter plus 12 meters) she works great.
She stops any flanker.
She stops pharah.
She counters tanks and brigittes.

Her ult being one of the better ults in the game for saving your entire team.

1 Like

I have a 62 per cent win percentage after 175 odd games of comp in high Plat. Iā€™m doing fine.

1 Like

So sym is op then. Based on your statement.

Her primary is worse, imo. It has the potential to be better, but itā€™s not actually fulfilling it.

1 Like

The most played hero in the game is reinhardt.
And syms beam (and turrets) are some of the best counters for him.

She breaks his barrier way faster than a junkrat could, and her turrets keeps him in place.

She is worse imo, and statistically.
I was a huge fan of 2.0, although she could have used minor tweaks (turret placement range, cooldown, etc). Itā€™s a shame there was never any respectable dialogue with devs and those that loved playing Sym V2, and I believe this is what made it a failure.
People forget she could already charge on a barrier while destroying it, and she could reliably counter pharah before. Even Winston, Genji, Tracer, Lucio, and snipers were easier.

Edit: added info.

4 Likes

Dude. Sheā€™s fine. (800 hours)
If youā€™re saying her primary fire is worse, you clearly canā€™t aim. Iā€™ve had no problem with using it, ever.

No more reworks. Weā€™re done now.

It made her better,and I loveplaying her now.She opens up much more posibilities and interessting gameplay

Junkrat does it from a spot that isnā€™t gonna just get him instagibbed by a competent team.

Aim is not the issue. Reliable damage is. Itā€™s inferior to 2.0, along with the majority of her kit.

3 Likes

Itā€™s not inferior to her 2.0 beam. It does more damage.
Use it for melting tanks. Use your secondary on other things.

She is improved from what she was by a great amount.

People might say Symmetra was fine on attack when in reality she was quite terrible. Probably the worst of any character. However, she made up for that with being useful on defense for particular maps. Teleporter is a very unique ability and we all know how good resurrection is an ability.

Even on defense however she was still pretty poor because once she was knocked down she pretty much needed her teammates to carry her into a fray because those turrets and <=7 meter beam was not helping anyone much until she was allowed the time to run around the defensive spot trying to place turrets.

The new symmetra iteration took away her defensive power at bit (she is still stronger on defense I feel), but put it into her offensive ability by increasing primary attack range, making her secondary fire more usable than the primary fire, allowing turrets to place at range, teleporter always at hand for movement stuff, and a defensive wall that can be used to assault offensively with shield weaving.

1 Like

better than 2.0
does that mean anything?
no
also lol. ā€œsym is the best hero to break reins shield!!!111ā€
what rein actually stays in front of a sym for morr than 10 seconds watching a short range hero bounce in front of him

m1 is garbage, not because of the max dmg, but because of the low start up and how level 1 is just 2 seconds of useless

2 Likes

This link is helpful.
With 2.0, you could use your primary on every character AND barriers. It had versatility. To restrict it is a nerf.

Edit: placement

3 Likes