Anti Bastion update

Uhh, please? Mercy who? Bastion is my new main.

2 Likes

That one’s mine idea :upside_down_face:

1 Like

I’m a bit pessimistic and I think it shows, but have you ever stopped to think that Bastion is the only truly abandoned hero in the game? The F-Tier heroes were all improved and have a hopeful, viable future. Except Bastion.

Mei is great, Symmetra’s a bit underpowered, but her kit is much better and has potential, Torbjorn got an amazing rework, Hanzo is great and viable now…

His situation is pretty bleak.

2 Likes

It’s all we’ve thought about…

The problem is, no one will know what’s going on unless the devs communicate. A simple “We’re not sure what to do with him yet, we’re working on multiple things” would probably go a long way. However, they’ve resorted to silence so far.

6 Likes

To be fair they probability don’t want it to be like social feature and say it will come out in a few months, only to have it severely delayed.

I always give people the benefit of the doubt, don’t know why

Facing a Pharah yes there is skill, and skill in predicing on ground targets, but for the most part you’re being ignorant. You’re acting like because you’re a diamond who can, as you say, hit airborne targets, that she requires aim. But she really doesn’t, as her shots are slow firing and powerful. She needs prediction. Accuracy is being able to hit your mark consistently, which most people can’t. If you can predict where your opponent can go, and fire a rocket and get a direct hit, then you have aim and prediction together. If you can just predict, you might tell where they are going, but not hit them. If you can aim, you can hit shots, but not act up to your potential. Does she require skill, yes. But all heroes do.

Sticking a bit more to the quote you had, you quoted where the OP says Pharah doesn’t need skill to deal damage. That is kind of true. You can randomly throw out rockets and deal damage, you don’t need positioning and accuracy as much as a character like widow. Pharah needs skill, just not as much.

I think it’s hilarious that you think it’s bad Blizzard is buffing Bastion counters. You do realize bastion is the most overpowered and requires less skill than anyone else in the game? Yes, I do understand that you can “maybe try a little harder and you can kill him” but he melts through literally everything. Maybe genji is a good counter but after his deflect is gone hes dead. I think Blizzard is making the right choice for once.

He’s already bad and they’re buffing his counters.

Hmm, apparently all of the other hitscan heroes require skill except him because… reasons?

btw this isn’t rank shame it actually matters here because of how his balance works but you’re silver. Anywhere above that he’s crap.

Only if you let him. There are many ways of avoiding it including just playing anyone without falloff and be a million miles away.

1 Like

Get out of sentry and pharah is easy to kill, 4head.

I’m sure he’s the next to get reworked

The Pharah changes aren’t a nerf to Bastion. Just go into Recon mode, unless the Pharah reads your every movement (which she usually won’t) you’re going to take less damage, which actually helps you in this matchup.

As for Torb, well…blame Brigitte.

Oh great let’s never use sentry ever. Why not play Soldier instead of Bastion if you’re just going to say to never use sentry? Soldier’s actually getting a buff so it takes 9 bullets to reach max spread instead of 6 and he does more dps. So yes, it’s a nerf to Bastion. If you want to counter Pharah while on the move pick Soldier 100% of the time.

1 Like

Well, with most other hitscans and just overall heroes require at least a little skill. I’m not including brigitte. I do understand that he’s crap above silver and thats why he is rarely played in higher ranks. This is good for all of those casual qp people, bronze, and silvers. I get it, bastion is easy to counter, but peek around the corner for half a second and you’re dead. He also has self healing and 300 hp which is pretty much bs. If almost nobody plays him in higher ranks, why does it matter if his counters get buffed? You’re in platinum. It is good that he is easier to kill now because in lower ranks and qp he’s annoying af and is in nearly every game ive played in the past month and was always the reason we lost even though we tried our hardest to kill him

Did I say never use Sentry? That’s like saying Zarya’s right click is completely useless since the left click can’t be eaten by D.Va’s Defense Matrix.

Adapt to the matchup. Some characters are great to use sentry on, others it’s a death sentence.

I’m in silver and have been in bronze every season until now. Don’t know where you are getting the idea is is strong down here from.

1 Like

With these Pharah changes, she can be countered more easily by other classes. Like AOE was really good counter againist fast characters tracer, and genji. I feel Pharah is kind of screwed to pander to console players.

AOE damage that is larger also works it’s way around shield or turret. Making it smaller defeats the purpose of splash damage. If you require splash damage to be precise…kind of oxymoron. Might as well go sniper/widow to get max damage if you want to hit your targets.

I understand that any stationary characters are screwed everytime they increase direct damage.

1 Like

He’s more accurate than most hitscans with recon and in sentry his spread means he’s doing less damage than he should even for perfect aiming so you’re not making any sense here.

That is 100% false because that’s how you counter Bastion as pretty much any hero with any form of burst and it works.

If he’s healing he’s not shooting and there’s a delay before he can start shooting again,

BECAUSE HE’S ALREADY BAD I THOUGHT I MADE THAT CLEAR

And?

If you’re settled with being under average it’s not my fault. And no this isn’t insulting you it’s actually me being confused. You want it balanced around a rank where there will be under average players. The least common denominator had better try to improve. If he’s easy above silver then try to get to gold and you’re good. I don’t want my favorite hero ruined because people don’t want to get better at the game.

He’s not picked nearly enough for that to be true even in bronze and silver.

Then try smarter That’s how you get better. Trying hard doesn’t mean you’re doing it right.

It’s all of them Roadhog is a tank and yet he counters Bastion. 20 meters is about where Bastion can hit a Roadhog fully in sentry. What’s the freaking point of being a tank buster if there’s a tank that can ultra hard counter him with 1 button in Bastion’s range?

1 Like

They can’t not buff a character because Its gonna make bastion worse oh no~
He’s not the center of anything. He needs his own personal buffs let’s not talk like we should shaft the rest of the cast to keep him from feeling bad