Anti Bastion update

Roadhog has always been an interesting case, beating characters that his role doesn’t normally beat. It’s no different than Brigitte breaking the mold of a support and being an anti-flanker. (She’s overtuned for other reasons, but those don’t change this fact).

Bastion isn’t even countered by hog anyway. It’s actually pretty balanced, either Hog hits his hook and kills you, or you weave around cover, dodge his hook, turn into sentry mode, and shred him. He rips through all of the other tanks, too, just like he’s supposed to. Wrecking Ball doesn’t stand a chance unless he has his ult, Rein will usually get destroyed by a Bastion, Orisa is a joke, Zarya gets shredded, Winston vs Bastion is probably the most insanely one-sided matchup in this game, and D.Va is a toss up, but usually goes in favor of Bastion unless she has a DPS to back her up.

I’m not going to say Bastion is good, but he most certainly rips through tanks. Those are the matchups where sentry is valuable. Mobile squishies have never been nearly as scared of sentry; Tracer used to be able to just thrash Bastion for free in sentry, Genji is a notorious counter, and Pharah has always been a pain for Bastion in sentry. This is how it should always be, because as we saw with 35% ironclad, if you make Bastion’s sentry mode too good against flankers, he makes a joke of the entire Overwatch cast.

Not to mention some outlier ideas as well.

Smoke canisters
Nuclear artillery rounds.
Ganymede as a recon unit.

She requires aim now.

being able to miss a target and still do 80 damage in a AOE was ridiculous, considering McCree has to nail his targets to do 70 damage. And being able to do 120 with AOE from body shotting someone with a giant rocket is just as ridiculious when pharah is a slender character that has a almost entirley unique style of vertical movement. Now Pharah mercy is going to be just destroy everything because when shes damage boosted she pretty much is old pharah with a faster firerate.

Everything that makes sense and then some…

1 Like

Ahahaha. Nice one…

I wouldn’t know, because I could land direct hits fairly often. I trust myself to counter Pharah as Pharah over my team running 3 hitscans.

Which he could do because he had a faster firerate than Pharah.

False. if you’re banking off splash then the value is currently a max of 80, with it being 65 on the PTR.

Not really. Her hitbox is far more forgiving than people care to admit. If you can’t hit the broad side of a barn, then there’s no way you’re going to hit Pharah. That’s not a her problem.

Well, you can thank blizzard for that. It screwed me over too because I still have to only rely on Mercys being able to heal me and not other supports.

You seem to ignore the fact that Pharmercy is a catch 22. Pharah needs it to be viable, and thus sucks without her.

Bastion is definitely worse off than Roadhog. Bastion isn’t even at 1% pickrate in GM. Hell he’s not even a half percent pickrate.

2 Likes

I like this take a lot. I think we’re working toward a point where some of the most neglected heroes are going to be in a spot where giving them some of the things the players want wouldn’t break the game.

The first thing that should be done is reduce the spread in turret form and allow bastion to engage the enemy from a longer distance in turret form and provide real Area denial. At the moment Bastion has to be in your face to do real damage and that is suicide with all of Bastions issues.

Then he just corner peaks you with his RMB because you gave him a corner to do it at.

“nice one” road hog literally cant even reach pharah if she is playing the right angles.

Oh, great… soon everyone is going to hate Torb, just in a different way.

Instead of a troll pick, he’s gonna pick up Bridgette’s hate. This thread already seems very resentful that an F-tier hero like him got buffed.

I want a strong Bastion too… but you sound mad that torb got buffed.

It’s resentful because they keep buffing his counters and adding more counters and are completely ignoring everything but a dune buggy bug.

1 Like

Aka console players…

So bad Phara players?
Weren’t people vouching for higher skilled characters?

They didn’t changed pharah to counter bastion they changed her for another reason and no don’t expect they will revert her because of bastion, maybe rework bastion so he stop being punching bag for pharah.

They reduced her splash damage lmao she has to aim now

Bastion was one of the best counters to pharah in the first place. His recon mode gun so incredible underrated, it puts out massive damage, with little spread and at a great range.

Bastion is acutall really good, but so many people are just so set in the mindset of they have to sit in one place and use turret mode.

I know, I mentioned my error in a later post. I merely mixed up which was which since normally contact damage is usually greater than splash, that and my prior defining of the terms were mixed.

Non of these changes are meant to hurt bastion specifically.
You have taken these changes wayyy too personally and emotionally,just because you like bastion doesn’t mean that every change that might make bastion worse is made to specifically hurt bastion.

1 Like