Another PTR cycle, the same forgotten robot šŸ˜„

I donā€™t think his pick rate is accurate on overbuff. Heā€™s played a lot in gold/plat for a cheesy win, but maybe not for full match. Iā€™ve certainly played him and it doesnā€™t show on my stats as I didnā€™t play him for a full match. He shows up on most second round of defense games from my experience.

1 Like

It may not be totally accurate, but if itā€™s already displaying as below 1.0%, thatā€™s a problem already.

And yet he shows up in probably just under half of my games in some form or another. His pick rate is way higher than 1% but I donā€™t know what Overbuff use to calculate it. Blizzard probably have more accurate stats but they donā€™t every share those.

Personally i doubt this a bitā€¦ what rank do you play at?
And if you mean in QP, then yea, i can see that.

But heā€™s not viable for Comp.

I never play QP. This is high gold-high plat.

I still donā€™t see him nearly that often. Maybe itā€™s just meā€¦ but that still doesnā€™t change my mind that he needs a proper rework.

Last season I would say he appeared on 80% of my Havanna first point and maybe final area in the last minute, and a good portion of Eichenwald first points.

Also if Kings Row or Hanamura went to 2 rounds, then you could bet youā€™d see a Bastion.

Bastion seems to be the go-to character for an easy win. Heā€™s not played for the full round cos most players think heā€™s boring, cheap, scummy, but if it looks like youā€™re going to lose a match then pull out the last minute Bastion to secure the win.

No way can a character like that be buffed. Re-worked maybe to make him less boring but I donā€™t know how.

Iā€™d love your feedback on my proposed rework.
I know what the response will be already, but hellā€¦ gotta try something before he really is unplayable.

You mean that RPG on Steam? Have it in my library, but havenā€™t gotten around to it yet. Supposedly has a great sound track.

If not that, not sure what you could be talking aboutā€¦

2 Likes

Play it now! Itā€™s amazing.

1 Like

I expected no changes for Bastion and I am still disappointed.

I always keep my expectations very, very low for Bastion when a new PTR patch goes out. They seem to only do one very minor buff to Bastion once every year or so. They actually nerfed Bastionā€™s self heal last yearā€¦ lmao. As if his survivability isnā€™t bad enough.
I will never understand the logic of the dev team when it comes to Bastion changes.

• Self-repair no longer consumes resource while Bastion is at full health.
  • Bastion now correctly initiates .25 sec of recovery time when canceling Self-repair with weapon fire.

The resource ā€œā€""ā€œbuffā€"""" is completely pointless. Anyone with a functioning brain knew when to stop self healing. This was just an excuse to nerf his healing.

1 Like

Fixed the quote for you.

2 Likes

Lmao did anyone really expect any kind of changes to Bastion and especially this soon by the devs?? :rofl::rofl:

Really though, Bastion, even though he has been blatantly underpowered both pick rate and win rate - wise for pretty much years by now and nobody can deny that, for obvious reasons, it is simply prohibited that he receives any kind of significant net buffs in his current state without major accompanying compensation nerfsā€¦ Especially changes like a personal barrier, added headshots in Sentry mode, etc. fall to this rule that has been set up by Blizzardā€™s previous known behavior concerning Bastion throughout the yearsā€¦

Maybe Bastion can receive some kind of a buff of low/medium importance due to the recent universal barrier nerfs but thatā€™s it reallyā€¦

And unfortunately, all of the above also does not change the fact that pretty much every single simple number nerfs that could be made to the current version of Bastion doesnā€™t change how fundamentally flawed his design still is and thatā€™s why I and so many tons of people hope Bastion finally receives the soft/full rework soon or in Overwatch 2, as it should had happened years ago to be honestā€¦

I think simply reducing his set-up time to/from turret form would make him much more viable and enjoyable.

As it is, you often go from 100% health to dead in the time it takes him to get up on his rusty legsā€¦

1 Like

I ainā€™t a Bastion player, but any hero having a 0.01% pick rate is clearly a bad hero from a balancing point of view.

And it shows: Only real Bastion players can make him work in all ranks, where normally heā€™s op one side but F-tier the other.

What part of this is balanced?

Itā€™s getting to the point that theyā€™re just ignoring the Bastion, hoping that we forget about him. His pick rate should be a huge red flag that Bastion needs serious looking into. He canā€™t stay this way forever. Unless youā€™re a Bastion main and can make him work, heā€™s the worst hero in the game. Period.

Blizzard, just give the bot some love. I just hope they donā€™t go the full rework route. Reworks always flop unless youā€™re Torb, so Iā€™m hoping they just tweak his base kit instead of overhauling it. Though at this point, I donā€™t know whatā€™s worse.

1 Like

It was a QoL change to make keeping that resource feel a little betterā€¦
And a slap in the face to every player who plays the hero along with it.

In my opinion the healing resource never should have gone away when not able to heal, but now we have a QoL ā€œā€ā€œBuffā€"" Along with the inability to combo healing and Tank.

Bastion needs a Symmetra style rework. Sentry needs to be removed for the health of the hero and for the health of the game. Itā€™s either too good or too trash.

Iā€™m not sure if many players on here remember those two weeks a couple years ago that Bastion was OP, but it was absolutely horrific.

I love Bastion, but sentry needs to go

1 Like

Who?

And just like Sym, this wouldnā€™t be Bastion.
Sorry, but i would put the game down and never come back.

This was because of Ironclad and nano boost.
It had nothing to do with Bastionā€™s base kit.

Obviously you couldnā€™t care less.

Letā€™s say we take Mercy, and make her strictly a DPS?
Would you play still?

Or Sombra, and make her strictly a Healer?
Would you actively play the game still?

Poor Pathfinder - Iā€™m sure theyā€™ll buff him soon. :ā€™(