Ana is the only sniper that can't run away

I understand what you’re saying. Just in terms of a passive I dont get how it would fit in terms of explaining it. All the other make sense to me atleast (even Inspire as she can somehow inspire others and herself to full health).

Maybe giving her shields? Like instead of health she had 200 shield. The only problem I see is that if Sombra EMP’s then Ana would instantly die.

You’ve clearly not had someone you just slept wake up to cross-map errant fire.

5 Likes

That’s sort of the point.

She’s clunky, and needs help.

Let’s keep her the same though because you want her to stay within a box.

I like suggestions, so far, I’ve only seen complaining.

I’ve complained about this very specific hero interaction, a LOT.

4 Likes

It happens but how often?

I think the biggest thing is the cooldowns are brutal on here, 12 seconds for dart, 10 for nade. Her only chance of surviving requires her to use 2 valuable abilities that have super long cooldowns. I don’t think she needs a major rework or new ability or anything, just some number tweaking. And her dart penetration thing needs some work too

A nice QoL buff could be that whilst sleeping, your cooldowns are frozen.

6 Likes

“Ana is the only sniper that can’t run away”

Okay well they can always rebalance Ana, remove her sleep dart (which has the longest cc in game) and give her a mobility ability instead?

Widowmaker, she has no CC or self heals.

Ana is only sniper that has both CC and self heals.

“Your suggestion is bad” isn’t the same thing as “let’s keep her the same”.

Give her a survivability tool rather than dumbing down the one she has. This can come in the form of self heal or a small mobility skill. I’m a fan of ledge climbing.

2 Likes

Ana main here. Ana sleep dart is one of the hardest skill shots in the game. You miss it. You’re dead. Period. Doesnt matter if your team is there. They will thirst you because ana has massive healing potiental. Hanzo and widow can actually evade danger. Multiple dangers at once. Sleep doesnt take you out of the danger zone. It minimizes is sort of. You still gotta worry about the other flanker on you lol. Also, the god damn wake up. I just cant with this. You spend all your energy in sleeping a nano blade genji and the reward is close to none when a teammate wakes them. There should be a slow or something when they wake up because for one of the hardest skill shots in the game. The reward is too small.

10 Likes

More than you’d think.

5 Likes

If that happens and winston doesnt get anti and destroyed by your team and you also dont get any help and you ALSO are not able to run to a corner (yeah, winston cant go through walls) and STILL your team doesnt help you … sorry but you deserve to die. That winston worked for the elimination and in that situation, you outplayed him first and didnt finish him off, he deserves the elim.

The lead developer literally said that the sleep dart was the ability they gave her for disengaging in this thread.

A nanoblade Genji at full health that gets woke up by the random Winston with the easy trigger finger that just presses M1 with no clue of what is happening, and I get instantly sliced even before the waking up animation haven’t ended.

But yeah, let’s pretend NOBODY ever woke up an enemy that was supposed to be left alone. That never happened in 2 years.

4 Likes

And it clearly isn’t sufficient, given her current state. It won’t be unless the game regresses to multitank where none of the meta heroes have the range or mobility to contest her.

1 Like

Because that’s what I said, right…

Sleep dart with a lock on would be completely broken and over powered because of how the ability functions as a hard CC. You’d have to just about NUKE every other aspect of it to make it balanced within the game. Like Ana needs another ability neutered. Like we need the character made easier when that isn’t even her base problem.

She needs help in areas that the dev’s have outright said they have no intention to help her in because “characters need weaknesses”. That’s pretty much a quote from Geoff btw.

5 Likes

Shields is definilty one route they could go.

Another Idea I had was to heal herself for a certain amount when she heals other teammates.

2 Likes

Hence suggestions to change it…whether you think it’s bad or not.

Ironic considering Brigitte, Moira and Mercy have next to no downsides.

3 Likes

An auto aiming sleep dart doesn’t address the core issues of having a “survivability skill” be a single target 12 second cooldown shot. It just makes Ana more boring to play.

3 Likes