Ana is the only sniper that can't run away

That’s because she’s a failure of character since the release. A sniper that is used to shoots tanks backs at 1 meter is the proof that something is wrong. Pick Moira for doing the same thing and better.

2 Likes

Well, she is a Sniper. And he wanted her to be more similar to the other snipers in terms of mobility and yet the other snipers don’t have self sustain. Giving her passive healing and great mobility would make her as OP as when she came out. With Mercy it works because she doesn’t really fight back most of the time and if she does that means she isn’t healing someone else.

There are ways to increase her ability to disengage without turning her into another low skill autoaim hero. She’s one of the few hard heroes left.

4 Likes

Ah, the low skill argument.

/classic rebuttal

News Flash: They all take skill.

3 Likes

Ana needs a passive hp regen when out of combat called " A Mothers Love" and when she ult it can then extends to the rest of her team :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The other snipers aren’t supports.

She doesn’t need crazy mobility or crazy self healing, because you’re right: thats how heroes get overtuned or OP. She just needs a mild self regen passive so that she doesn’t have to waste nade on herself outside of fights.

3 Likes

Three possible issues with sleep dart as a disengagement tool:

1. Sleep dart can miss or otherwise be thwarted by a completely unrelated third party (e.g., D.Va doing 1 damage from across the map to a sleeping target and waking them up). This is something a mobility skill doesn’t have to worry about. You can’t miss a Hanzo lunge unless you’re really trying to screw something up. In addition, sleep dart can be deflected or eaten.
  2. Sleep dart only helps against one enemy. If Hanzo gets jumped by a Winston and D.Va he can make distance between him and both of them with one cooldown. Ana can only choose to sleep one, and the other will still kill her.
  3. Sleep dart has other uses. Forcing Ana to use sleep dart as a pseudo disengagement tool means to ignore the other uses of sleep dart, that is shutting down ultimates and opening up teamfights up predicting an ill timed fire strike or similar. And Ana is a hero that needs to be getting consistent value from all of her cooldowns to even justify the pick.

I think this stance should be reconsidered. Sleep dart doesn’t work as a hero’s only disengagement tool.

7 Likes

I’d call it flexibility.

I’m not saying she’s in a good spot but I don’t think she should be dashing/grapple hooking/fading and whatnot like some people suggest, just up her survivability a tad and we’re good.

1 Like

…? The person they were replying to wanted a lock-on sleep dart. Range limit or not, that would be broken considering how long dart can potentially keep a person out of the fight. It also wasn’t any kind of mobility suggestion, just a ‘make ana easier’ suggestion.

1 Like

I don’t see it that way.

Put a longer cooldown on it and now Ana has to choose when she should use it, either to save herself or strategically.

You’re only allowed to escape once every 12 seconds if the enemy has no mobility or defensive ability at their disposal and come at you alone. Provided you land the ability in the first place.

Or in other words, rarely.
Meanwhile in Mercyland…

5 Likes

Ana is the most mechanically challenging support, and has to worry more about positioning and awareness than any other support besides maybe Zen.

Ana is fun because she is challenging. The minute you take away the challenge she becomes another Moira or Mercy.

5 Likes

You should stop lying to yourself if you really think that.
Zen doesnt have any mobility and guess what he doesnt have either, a sleep dart and a nade he can use to instantly heal himself.

She is not picked that much because she cant heal through shields and you have to aim a lot more than any other healer around, not because of her mobility.

Significantly less skill, but skill nonetheless I guess…

I’m with Tenor. Hard to use heroes should stay that way. I like being able to play McCree, Ana, and other aim intensive heroes because doing stuff with them feels more rewarding. Letting the game do the work for me would ruin that.

4 Likes

You heard it hear folks, Ana’s “escape” is on a 12 second cooldown and requires pinpoint aim.

9 Likes

Don’t worry, hardcore Ana’s apparently like that.

She already has to make that choice. 12 Seconds can be a team fight’s worth of time and did you use it to save yourself from Winston or dart the ulting genji (and die to the winston).

Lock on makes her skill easier to use. There’s no question in that.

And can “escape” only from one enemy.

1 Like

If someone wakes her up, that means she is not alone and the other guy can take care of it.

Also I love how ppl ignore the fact that she also has a healing grenade.

2 Likes

I’d just like to expand on this.

Picture this:

You’re Ana. You get dived by Winston. You somehow managed to sleep him through that bubble he keeps ducking in and out of. He stays asleep for the full 5.5 seconds. When he wakes up, he has his jump back and you don’t have sleep for another ~7 seconds. insert JoJo to be continued meme

7 Likes