Allow Mercy to damage all ultimates again

Factually, I have made no claim of fault on anyone’s part in regards to my lack of understanding of the original statement I replied to

With apologies, I personally don’t see that the dots connect…at all

Most times Revert replies to Mega it is almost always a jab, even a subtle one. Plenty of times they go and edit posts 3 or 4 times to keep adding to the personal attacks in the nicest way possible. There have been many a time Dodo has been basically called an idiot via reading comprehension over the most asinine disagreements. This is just another tick for tally marks.

I wanted to add, that I think the thing you gotta remember about damage boost is that it’s one of the cheapest abilities in the entire game. It’s nearly always available and difficult to deny.

So it needs limitations to it’s power.

1 Like

Yes but I don’t believe they have in this thread, but you can quote me if I’m wrong. I don’t believe they said anything malicious.

1 Like

Well, to me, Zen’s ult needs improvement. I don’t like than Ana can negate his ult that easily for instance.

Gravdragon had counterplay but for some reason people had trouble spreading when they knew Zarya had her grav (maybe grav’s radius was too big back at the time but still, it wasn’t that easy not to get caught into grav).

People always praise ult combos like nanoblade. Gravdragon + Damage boost required 3 people to get it done so it wasn’t always that simple (everyone needed to be alive at the right moment, for instance).

But I guess we just don’t agree on that :wink: !

The return of Grav Dragon? How does that sound?

1 Like

The jab was the “This is why reading is so important.” It’s a thing they have always thrown at Dodo when they disagree on something. It’s always back handed and not direct, but always directed at dodo.

I wouldn’t mind but I guess it’s not happening haha.

Not even Baptiste can damage boost Dragon with his Matrix (only the first arrow though).

At least, Blizzard is being consistent with this.

I wouldn’t mind grav dragon, I never really did in the first place.

I actually wouldn’t mind if it Baptiste and Orisa’s damage boost worked because then that’s three ultimates.

The problem with Mercy’s was that it was so cheap and easy to do, and belonged to a hero that is often the last to die so it wasn’t that hard to coordinate.

But, they chose to make it a blanket thing for all damage boosts.

C’est la vie.

I personally wouldn’t consider that statement malicious and would disagree with anyone who considers it to be. Telling them rereading their statement is simply a way of saying, “that wasn’t what I was getting at, so please review the facts” and I honestly don’t blame them considering how condescending dodo is.

2 Likes

But that’s one of the parts that still makes Mercy relevant and a good pick in comp.

If she didn’t have her mobility and Damage Boost, it would be pretty hard to tell a good and bad mercy apart :cry: !

Oh I agree. I wouldn’t want it removed. But those things should still be taken into account when considering it’s power budget.

If you get offended easily and consider a lot of things to be “personal attacks” despite you knowing barely anything about eachother, then I strongly believe the internet wouldn’t be the place for you, as people say controversial things that may offend people. Thxx.

1 Like

You can feel that way. I’m just saying those two are at ends all the time in every thread the two of them are in. They may as well be siblings since they both know just how to talk the right way to set each other off, be it Revert and her passive aggressive backhanded insults or Dodo and their long rebuttals and quips. I don’t blame dodo since I have little to no tolerance for passive aggressiveness.

As far as being condescending…

You are doing quite well yourself.

1 Like

They both take little jabs at each other. The little blush comment Dodo made was unnecessary and so was the reading comprehension one.

I haven’t really seen either of them say anything that I would report though. Only reason I said anything this time is because I felt that it was gonna come up because of a genuine misunderstanding for once.

I don’t think Revert was trying to derail, but could see why Dodo might feel that way.

This is honestly a reason I would really like a block feature.

Some people just don’t get along but don’t do anything deserving of a ban.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying your statement

The premise as stated takes it as assumed that if x says a given statement is a personal attack, that x is offended by said statement

Factually, the target of a personal attack need not take offense to a given statement for said statement to be a personal attack

Also a good Mercy is slippery as hell. Everyone always talks about how Slippery Lucio is but I personally have way more trouble locking down a Mercy unless I’m Sombra.

Also people underestimate how godly a Mercy that knows how to use her pistol can feel to play against!

3 Likes

Oh I agree, I’m unsure as to why they are unable to find the block button.
I personally side with revert more though, as I find passive aggressive commons amusing, whether I agree with their opinions or not.

Oh no, they said they didn’t understand how the dots were connected, so I pointed it out and elaborated. Wasn’t trying to be condescending.

2 Likes

Hmm. didn’t read that way, my b.

1 Like