Allow Mercy to damage all ultimates again

This will definitely improve the power and balance for DPS while not affecting ladder play too much.

Edit: i meant damage boost.

5 Likes

When did Mercy have an ability that damaged every ultimate? Can you clarify?

Unless you are referring to an ability to punish Ult spam, i.e. Mass Rez. If so, then I agree. Ult spam and power creep is getting out of hand. It’s time for a revert of Mass Rez + The tweaks. :blush:

Edit: Responding to your recent edit, I’m unsure if damage boosting things like Rip-tire or a D.Va bomb would be a good idea, since they already do so much damage on their own. But there has been talks about one of the devs discussing how they are considering ways to make damage boost feel better, and are essentially looking into her kit. So there’s that, for what it’s worth.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

3 Likes

to op:

you mean damage boost all ultimates?

this is a great idea. I mean like I hate how ANA and Baptiste is the only one with ability as an ULT who can boost someones ult right now. Why is mercy being treated so badly. Her, right click should do just as much damage boost as ana’s nano does. Mercy is in such a bad state right now. literally unplayable.

Without the need to blush, I can safely say that I dont think mass rez is topical in a thread about damage boost…

5 Likes

That post was made before the clarification, which you also asked about.:exploding_head::blush:

ah, ok, so damage boost

tho it seems like there is an attempt earlier in this thread to change the topic to another aspect of a non-existent version of Mercy

2 Likes

No. Hanzo’s dragons shouldn’t be boostable.

There was none. The OP was intially unclear. The post tried to respond based off what they thought it meant. You asked for the same clarification.

1 Like

Indeed. This is why reading is so important. :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Personally, to me, the second post contains a clear attempt to steer the topic to mass rez

from said post: “It’s time for a revert of Mass Rez + The tweaks”

YMMV

5 Likes

They thought that was the topic. You two just don’t get along. There was a clear cut request for clarity.

2 Likes

Or in the 4-minute difference, the post could have been edited.

Either way, it was obvious they meant damage boost and not Mass Rez.

2 Likes

Given the person who posted and how it was very, very clear (even before clarification) that we were not talking about mass resurrection I have to agree with you

5 Likes

The post was indeed edited after the confusion

1 Like

Well, I don’t remember Mercy being able to Damage Boost all ultimates, ever.

She couldn’t damage boost Symm’s or Torb Ult. Orisa’s ult and Mercy’s damage boost don’t stack as far as I remember…

I’m not sure about Junkrat’s tire. Did I miss anything else ?

The only ult Mercy could damage boost and that was obviously a mistake was Dva’s bomb. It didn’t make much sense to me.

The only nerf to Ult Damage Boost I feel bitter about is the Dragon, especially when they listed this nerf as “Bug fix”. Not really honest from Blizzard.

I’m still trying to get used to the new Damage Boost system and I’m still not sure this forced pocketing was the way to go (especially when I have to wait like 10 seconds until Rein decides to fire strike…).

I’m out of likes, Sine, so you go hungry.

Sorry dude/dudette

3 Likes

Haha no problem lol!

How naive…

1 Like

Bomb and Dragons for sure, unsure about Rip-Tire.

1 Like

sorry, no likes left for you either…Ill catch you up tomorrow

1 Like