Aim assist removed

Why did you removed aim assist for console players? We are already disadvantaged with controller vs mouse, now you even removed aim assist? That’s like removing prostatic legs from a handicap person. R.I.P. OW

49 Likes

It should only happen if you queue together with PC players.
So even if you don’t want to make use of the PC crossplay feature because of it, you have lost nothing.

16 Likes

Ok, so if PC players are grouped up with console players, they no have to deal with teammates who doesn’t have aim assist. Yes I know, they’re queued up with console players to get that enabled, but that’s not the point. The point is, why take away a feature that’s needed for a reason?

3 Likes

Aim Assist will not be removed unless you group up with a PC player.

Aim Assist provides a distinct advantage by slowing the reticle movement when a target is close. PC players do not have this because it would make controlling a mouse extremely easy to get headshots so in order to have the most fair balance in mixed matches, the Aim Assist is turned off for all players in a PC/Console crossplay match.

26 Likes

Probably to increase the acceptance of crossplay within the PC playersbase.

Note that PC palyers don’t have the option to opt out of it at all and at least for now there is no solution for people using M&K on console.

6 Likes

There’s no solution for aimbots on pc either but they aren’t putting the pc playerbase at any disadvantages because of it.

It just goes to show how much they hate console users.

9 Likes

Have you tried aiming with a stick without aim assist? Lol advantage :rofl: what a load of crap

19 Likes

Yep, I played a few rounds on my Xbox controller on the PC platform to see what it is like.

7 Likes

There is.
Unlike M&K users on console, aimbotters on PC are getting banned.

They created the crossplay feature mainly for the benefit of console players.
While I agree that console players sometimes seem to get treated like 2nd class costumers it is definitely not the case this time.

14 Likes

Dont queue up with someone on PC, problem solved, win win for everybody.

12 Likes

I’m still end-confused by this new cross play. Do PC players with WASD+mouse now play vs. console players with gamepad? And how is this ever balanced, independent of aim-assists or not.
Or is it like in some other cross play games (CoD): Only the same input devices are matched together: Mouse+Keyboard players if they use it on PC and console. And the same for controller players if they use a controller on PC and console.

Only if there is a group in that match that consists of at least one console player. Which is likely to not come up often. Furthermore PC+Console groups can only play non-Competitive modes.

They have removed all console balancing features (such as lower turret damage) for Overwatch. See the patch notes for details. Everyone will now play to the PC balance of the game.

If you only play on console and with other console players, you only get console crossplay matches. If you play on PC, you can get those from the console, but only if they are grouped with a PC player. Competitive Play will keep PC players and Console players separated entirely.

2 Likes

That doesn’t stop them from infecting games. And we haven’t bothered banning them is not an excuse to handicap the 90% of legitimate players.

They didn’t create crossplay for console or all the changes they implemented wouldn’t be so anti-console. They did it to hide their shrinking playerbase.

5 Likes

Then the only solution for you is (at least for now), to not group with PC players :woman_shrugging:

Having a much larger player base is a huge improvement for the console community.
You can play together with your friends on other consoles and it should also have a positive impact on the Queue times.

As long as it isn’t about PC/Console crosspaly (which - again - is an option for console players) I can’t see anything negative about it.

2 Likes

Yupp, I’ve found that part on the website but I meant the pure input balance between M+K and console controllers. I guess the OW matchmaking has to do the rest.
Interesting overall, it’s rare that you have real PC-Console cross play in a FPS shooter. Afaik this is what gaming companies and especially Microsoft/Sony/Nintendo usually avoid at all costs.

Not grouping with console players doesn’t change the parity nerfs, the addition of text chat so we get yet another thing that they won’t monitor reports about, and the idea that if I want to take advantage of the only good thing to come from it I’d have to nerf myself.

2 Likes

Following the success of games like Minecraft, Fortnite, and Destiny from enabling Crossplay, This has been a highly-demanded feature for years for Overwatch.

2 Likes

Highly demanded by who?

2 Likes

The forums, reddit, social media. (Take time to look.)

3 Likes

ok then remove mouse aiming and force PC players to use controllers

Using a mouse is 10000000000 times more advantages than aim assist, thats not an opinion, thats a fact

its only fair

14 Likes