Adding a Role Q wouldn't solve any issues

Yeah, they do but you are generally still better off with any variation of 2-2-2 than the alternative.

So? The matchmaker will total your team’s SR and will match you against a team of equal SR. Problems occur when a tank is forced to play dps or support, or any combination of thereof.

Except we can’t mimic those strats on the ladder because they require substantially more coordination to pull off (most of them revolve around sombra). Those comps being successful are the exception, not the norm. We have brig against Dive now. However, problem is she’s super bad in anything but 3 support setup. It would’ve been much easier to balance brig vs dive if it was 2-2-2.

1 Like

And yet we’re also not actually using GOATS or dive either. I’m not sure what you’re even trying to fix, it’s like Schroedinger’s DPS, there are simultaneously none and 5 in the group at the same time; while most groups are still running 2-2-2 anyway.

Start playing 6 stacks, you’ll see GOATS in most of your matches. I’ve given up on solo queue, precisely because I had to fill too much and I never had the chance to play anything I wanted without making a terribad comp with no synergy. If I wanted to play nonteam based game, I’d play deathmatch or Quake.

1 Like

The automated report-system played part in creating this unbearable environment for players.
I mean… you get reported for everything possible
Screaming person yells at you that he will report you if you dont play tank or heal while refusing to play one of em himself. You report him for threatening you and for abusive chat. The 2nd one gets mad at the screaming one and says something that hurt dem feelingz of the first one and the first one reports him for beeing racist/sexist or what everxist thre is…

Overwatch is a report-clusterfack, how are we supposed to enjoy the game if all there is is others finding a reason to report you? Thats what happens when a company goes full SJW-correct Snowflake-Mode. There is no way to anjoy the game since literally everything positive you can say can hurt someones feels.

Remember the first months of the Game and the first 3 seasons? You could play what ever you want and it worked… now people demand 2-2-2 and then blame those offmeta picks while the meta-slaves are softthrowing because of it.

It doesn’t solve all the issues, but surely it solves some (and quite possibly many) of them. The fact that this idea has so many fans confirms that many people feel that it addresses issues that concern them.

There were a lot of fans for LFG, look where that took us.

1 Like

It actually wouldn’t at all in NA because the playerbase is so heavily skewed towards DPS mains. So it is either hour long queues(don’t believe this 30 minute bs for a second) or flexing every DPS player onto other roles after a few minutes. Those are literally the only ways to do it; they can’t magically create players who queue up in other roles. If they force flex people that is going to cause massive amounts of dodging as well if those players can’t switch. You think a Gengu one trick is playing Winston for you because Jeff said so? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I like how people have zero understanding of these systems and think they just magically fix things with no problems. Oh well BLISSARD JUST CREATE PEOPLE OUT OF CLAY TO FILL ROLES NO ONE WANTS TO PLAY!!! Riot a far better company with more experience at doing ranked play, matchmaking, and queue systems can’t make a satisfactory system after years of development because in actuality it isn’t possible to do so BUT BLISSARD MY SWEET SWEET BLISSARD CAN DO IT IN 3 MONTHS even though they can’t fix bugs with their characters for years and just change out the tech for abilities instead because 2hard. These brilliant highly skilled developers who destroy characters every time they change the size of a projectile hitbox are going to save ranked from the dreaded 10 seconds of decision making before a match!

Supply and demand. If you’re in a long queue then you’d otherwise be unwanted in a team. They can add an option that pairs all the extra DPS mains together to play 6 DPS vs 6 DPS.

3 Likes

Or… OR!!! now hear me out on this!

What will actually happen and how supply and demand actually works is. If you troll 70% of your consumers treating them like garbage and don’t deliver the goods or services they want then they take their business elsewhere. That is how it works; welcome to the real world.

LFG has too many options, which makes it slow and difficult to find groups that match your desired combination of options.

Assuming the group leader doesn’t kick you anyways.

By design, it fractures the playerbase into many tiny populations, that don’t group together.

Ana+Batiste would create a decent AntiPharah setup.

Could add in an Orisa, and move Mei to the Tank Role (without changing her balance).

Could have a Symmetra and a Reaper, and the PharMercy would still get dead.

Now giving everyone an equal chance, making every match have an equal amount of each role is treating 70% of the consumers like garbage. The entitlement is real.

Nope, you are the entitled one and only using confirmation bias to ignore all facts and logic to pretend things will magically turn out the way you desire them to be.

I don’t really even play ranked it doesn’t impact me in that way. You see unlike you I am not a child so I understand that these ranked modes are nothing but another addiction mechanism added by these scumbag companies so I don’t care past how much I desire whatever rewards are attached to them. Explain how I am being entitled now that your fallacy has been destroyed.

I just know that in fact this will kill the game which is how it ends up impacting me. Because as I have stated and you have ignored to live in fantasy land people are not putting up with insane queues or being forced to flex onto roles they didn’t choose and not being able to swap. 70% is literally the number in NA that are DPS mains. That is how absurdly skewed it is. Almost everyone you have had tanking for you in ranked is a DPS main; Tank mains are pretty much an endangered species below Masters. Yet instead of being grateful to these people myself included in the small amount of time I play ranked who are willing to flex to various characters depending on the situation you create attack campaigns. You try to force people into roles they don’t want with systems they don’t want because in fact you are the ones being entitled and selfish and always have been.

You are assuming they are doing role que without considering this. I don’t know them, so I can’t say how smart they are, but, almost every interview that involved the topic of role que has the dev saying they WORRY about QUE TIME.

So you can rest assured when they are working on the system they will consider this, and don’t judge when there is no actual information of how it works has came out to public yet.

Your entire comment was written as a personal attack and this part proves it, trying to twist it to appear that I’m attacking every single DPS main (where it 100% obviously wasn’t, and in no way one could think otherwise unless intentional), including those that flex. I obviously meant those who keep DPSing even though the team needs other roles keep ignoring the “only 1 tank” and “only 1 support”.

Those who have to flex have been getting the short end of the stick and those who are selfish have been getting all the fun. Sorry to break it to you but Role Queue is coming, and it will have seperate role SR, the only question is when.

All I heard is that if it will be done, SR per role should be incorporated into it, that’s the extent of the Jeff Kaplan comment as far as I can interpret.

Any additional Blizzard comments on that? I’m legit curious, because only Blizzard can say for sure whether or not role queue is coming.

Hmm, Jeff Kaplan recently said that they tested 4 DPS, 1 Support, 1 Tank – my interpretation is that this is the proportion most reflective of the Overwatch player population. I think this, more than anything, made LFG fail.

This is also the reason why enforcing 222 role queue is a bad idea – the biggest change that matters imho is role-based SR even without the role queue. Such a change would deter bad DPS players to shift to other player roles. That change alone would be a good thing.

Not at all - i’m supporting strengthening role identities (i.e. the opposite of homogenization).

Weirdly I kinda like Symm with Pharah about, her ult messes with her horribly and creative use of turrets can watch blind spots she’ll fly in through.

The problem with relying on supports in dealing with Pharah, is the loss of focus and attention in Supporting. That’s why I prefer that they just use a DPS (or DPS spot); same sort of thing if you’re using D.Va or Winston to counter Widow or Brig on Tracer or Genji. If you’re picking heroes to counter, they’re assuming a DPS role.

Role identities which will smother hero identities.

well i wouldn’t say it won’t fix ANY issues, cause it will. but it will also create others and it’s not clear if the game is really better with it.

honestly we need to try it out first.

so imho if it comes it should be opt-in first

and it’s definitely not the one thing that saves overwatch and makes it the perfect game all of a sudden