Account got wiped when logging into ow2

This is happening to me too. All my previous OW1 progress is gone since I logged into OW2 on my PS4. All of it. Level, skins, items, golden guns, EVERYTHING. This is really sad if you think about how much time we all spent to get those things. All my OW2 hype is gone…

4 Likes

Im also having the same problem. Honestly, if they are having server problems…I can wait and all. But not knowing if my entire account was wiped for good is giving me saddness. I hope they rectify this or at least give a statement about it to ease our minds. Im finally in, and dont even want to try it out till i have my account back :frowning:

4 Likes

If you didn’t do the Account Merge in the O1 client, even if you didn’t have any other “accounts” to merge --and even though their direct quote was “If you’ve only made progress in Overwatch on a single platform, no action is needed from you.” – you are apparently SOL. The “Account Merge” merged your console progress to Battle.net itself, so if you didn’t do that before Monday, even though they said verbatim that you DID NOT have to, it appears that everything is gone.

1895 hours for me. They have to have access to the data. This is simply not right. Everything carried into the Beta automatically, and that was a completely different entity. Why would anyone expect a simple update to not be the same, especially if they’ve never played on any other platform?

It’s making me physically ill just thinking about it.

7 Likes

same years of progress gone i had my ps4/ps5 ver linked to my battlenet had all my stuff in the beta but didnt merge now it seems all my stuff is wiped i hope this is a bug cause their mail said if i used 1 system no action was needed and a merge was unecesary but their faq on the forums says otherwise this is legit bs

4 Likes

Are you serious ???
They DID NOT make that clear enough then. Because it was my understanding that was for merging a DIFFERENT account entirely. I played on xbox, and was just continuing with THIS account. Im trying to not be upset, im hoping they will make this right. I cant see myself playing if they dont.

10 Likes

I’m in the same boat. 6 years and thousands of hours gone. All my skins and golden weapons and stats. Treats me like I’m brand new. I’m on PS5 and the account merge button never even showed up. I opened a ticket but haven’t heard back yet. So disappointing. I’m really upset.

6 Likes

STAFF CALM DOWN. I WAS PLAYING THE GAME ALSO WITH MY ACCOUNT REMOVED. And IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MATCH THE GOLDEN WEAPON APPEARED. IT’S JUST A BUG. SOON BLIZZARD SOLVES.

6 Likes

Its doomed we have to take the loss

1 Like

My account was wiped as well. I hope they fix this. 2000 hours should not go to waste or your community will be non existent.

3 Likes

Same thing happened to me lost everything from when i started playing i really don’t feel motivated to be doing this if it’s going to be like this.

2 Likes

Same thing with me. My old Overwatch profile is gone. I’m using the same bnet account my playstation account was already linked to. Thanks Blizz. GG.

3 Likes

bro lmao, is blizzard trying AS HARD AS POSSIBLE to straight up divebomb this game into the ground… ITS BEEN ONE DAY, and all I’ve heard is “this is unfinished, this sucks, I’ve lost everything, I’m uninstalling.” LMAOOOOOOOO

6 Likes

Same I’m not gonna be playing this trash until my accounts get merged, idk why they made it this hard to keep your stuff from OW1 if all they did was literally update the damn thing. Really annoying

4 Likes

Same here. I’ve lost everything.

3 Likes

This is exactly what I’m dealing with now, very cohesive post, thank you.

same, it’s saying I have to wait, my account is merging

Playstation 5 Player here. I had linked my account years ago to unlock a Overwatch reward on Hearthstone. Been playing since launch, had competitive banners for most seasons, most skins and tons of playtime data. Lost all of it for OW2.

5 Likes

yea i have a life sometime i dont play for a while and now this wtf blizzard!

Like you all, I put thousands of hours into Overwatch over the years only to find out I got screwed because I didn’t know you had to merge accounts. I played Overwatch on PC when the game came out. Made it no farther than level 70 or so, before i started playing it on Xbox only, where I put thousands of hours into and spend various of amount of money on, and I never touched the PC version again.

I had also linked my Xbox account with battle.net last year so I could try out crossplay.
Fast forward to now, I haven’t played Overwatch in a while due to life and whatnot, and was excited to try out Overwatch 2, only to find out I was supposed to merge accounts… Which means all my Xbox data is lost and by default went with Battle.net data.

Some of you might say it’s my fault for not merging prior to the new launch but I don’t have time to keep up with games like I used to and I was not aware until it was too late.

Blizzard I hope you see this, as well as the ticket I submitted. You may not care, but I absolutely will not be playing this game or spending any money on any your products again if all my Xbox data truly is lost.

13 Likes

yea i have the same thing
and also overwatch 2 is free now so we also lost $40

3 Likes