Account got wiped when logging into ow2

Same here, my whole account has been wiped and im starting at level 1 again. Im gonna cry, I cant even play my main (symmetra) and all the stuff i got for her is gone. Im on xbox myself

5 Likes

Itā€™s not gone. Itā€™s a bug.

At least you can log in! Iā€™m also on Xbox but have just passed hour 14 of not being able to log inā€¦

The people posting here have not lost ā€œsomeā€, they have lost everything; I am one of these people (Xbox). To your post (thread intrusion) about not being able to log in: they have been ddosā€™d twice now, are working through it, and have posted about it.

4 Likes

also here same problem: I have always played Overwatch 1 legendary edition on Xbox One for hundreds and hundreds of hours, trying to collect skins, I had already linked my battlenet account to the xbox account because the game was asking me to. about a year ago, in fact the nickname in the game had also changed. I did not know that the account had to be merged because they had not advertised it and I found myself at level 1 with everything eliminated. Iā€™m still pissed off by all this, I even opened a Ticket. Do you have any news?

7 Likes

No news yet. We wait.

Sent ticket yesterday, no answer so far

1 Like

I too lost everything, I couldnā€™t even get the drive to play after seeing I didnā€™t even have my fav character to play as until I played almost 50 or so games.

3 Likes

Looks like the wiped accounts are a console issue and we know how important console players are to Blizzard. Donā€™t expect to get your stuff back anytime soon.

4 Likes

My account looked wiped for the first login, to where I was having to unlock new heroes with games played. Then a couple hours later, I logged back in and all of the heroes were unlocked and the page that showed the required games needed was blank.

My client was set to log into the Euro servers, due to the DDoS attack, so maybe there was some kind of delay in them accessing my account info or something?

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me, everything i had from ow1 is gone

4 Likes

Same for me, my account that i had hundreds of skins on in Overwatch 1 is completely blank with no characters unlocked.

5 Likes

I will be devistated if I donā€™t get all my stuff back, thatā€™s years and a thousand hours of playing lost. I probably wonā€™t play if I canā€™t get it back

7 Likes

I also lost everything, wonā€™t play if I have to start from scratch again. What a dissapointing start

5 Likes

Yeah I lost everything, Iā€™m level 1 again, I have no skins, none of the currency I had. Itā€™s ridiculous

2 Likes

Iā€™m not playing this game if I have to unlock everything again. Itā€™s even worse because I bought owl skins like the dragon skin for sombra, thatā€™s literally money I spent on the game on cosmetics I wonā€™t get back.

3 Likes

Iā€™m in the EXACT same boat. All my cosmetics, sprays, icons, stats, settings etc are ALL gone when I logged into overwatch on my ps5. The game treats me like a brand new player - telling me to do tutorials and unlock all the heroes one by one. This sucks so much dude. I have no motivation to play until I have all of my stuff back. :frowning:

2 Likes

I switched to series X, but I mainā€™d tanks in PS4 and support in switch, bought the physical editions 3 times of OW1 and now ā€¦ Puff: I became a noob just like you. I had all the special skins from the events, but now nothing and the system thinks Iā€™m a new player (even if I merged my accounts and played the beta). I want to love OW2, but this is definitely not making me want to play the game :frowning:

1 Like

This happened to me as well. Ironically, I played about a half dozen comp games before having to close it out. When I came back later all my things were gone.

Looking forward to all this DDoS stuff to settle down so Blizzard can focus on fixing it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

2 people on my ow friends list out of 8 have this issue

2 Likes

hey, iā€™m with you in the club too. I completely lost everything as if I were a user playing overwatch for the first time, yet I have nearly 1500 hours to go. I am a PlayStation user and I have tried both on PS4 and on ps5 but unfortunately the result is always the same. I doubt that they will ever completely solve this problem.But yes, while this will not happen I will not touch Overwatch and I will not make any more purchases, Also because the skins and cosmetics that I unlocked by paying were also lost. I would be curious to understand if there are extremes for a cause, a class action.

4 Likes