About McCree (for people, who didn´t get it)

So lot of you are upset and arguing, that people, who created this posts should calm down and there is no need to remane the character.

You should all know, that this thing already happend in WOW

That´s why people are wandering, if it´s going to happen with Cree too. It was not an idea of people, who created those posts - it´s something, what already happend for the same reason in WOW.

So no need to blame each other - we just have to wait and see (no matter, what you think about it).

6 Likes

I hope that they change Mcrees name.

It’s not good to have a hero named after a sexual abuser.

5 Likes

I hope they don’t change his name, it fits his character very well.

23 Likes

I like this character. He’s modelled after “Blondie”, a character from the movie “The Good, the Bad and the Ugly”, which is my favourite movie of all time. I don’t want him named after a sex abuser.

8 Likes

I personally think that if they feel the need to change his name, they should only change his first name. Changing “Mccree” would likely just cause huge controversy.

i mean i understand if they do but its gonna mess with my head for a while. ill be confused all the time and still think of him as Jesse Mccree. especially the mccree part. im pretty sure people will still call him mccree on the forums too for a while … probably take years to get use to whatever the new name is

i still think of the Washington Redskins as Redskins instead of the Washington National Football Team

1 Like

Just reveal his name as secretly Jesse James Mccree and he now goes by James in OW2

4 Likes

I don’t really have a huge opinion about the name change and all.

The only issue i have is IF they decide to give mccree a new name what will happen with all the merch? Shorts etc? I don’t own anything mccree related but that’s just a thought, like do they have to redo every short with his name? Change all his merch? And do ppl have to throw everything away then because ofc don’t want to get reminded of that name.

I will feel sad for anyone who wasted their money if that happens

I mean even the robot who days his name inside the car on the hollywood map? Like they literally need to redo so many things if that’s gonna happen.

B.O.B., is that you, my friend?

There is a difference between a bit character who has no lore and a major character. At this point it would be like if WoW tried to rename Jaina Proudmoore and at this point that is not practical.

3 Likes

Omg you calling me b.o.b is so funny :rofl::rofl: but yes it’s me, i decided to seitch icon from b.o.b because it seems like this one is working now :yum:

1 Like

Well, they changed more than just one character, but I know - it´s minor things.
But again…try to do some research about Quinton Flynn (voice actor of Kael´thas) and how they replaced all his voicelines (we are talking about large role in few expansions and probably even character in HotS - not sure about that one), when he got accused (even tho his name was cleared). I know it´s not the same, but if they were able to pull THAT, I would not be surprised if something happend to Cree…

It is kinda sad that stuff is only being done when something bad happens (assuming name change will happen)

2 Likes

Voices change all the time. I mostly give credit for Blizzard for bothering to redub all his lines because while I will not name names there are MMOs (and MMO like games) that will change VAs and just not change the old voices so you go from one cutscene to another and suddenly their voice is completely different because you hit the patch where the VA changed.

People kind of just accept that VAs change but the character is the character.

2 Likes

Nah…Quinton was iconic Kael. This change is really hard to accept, if your heart fell for TBC and that characters. I am just saying, I would not be surprised, if they tried to do something with Cree…

we shouldn’t give visibility to this non-problem. or rather, it is not necessary since it is an anonymous person. can you really say that the cowboy and the developer are the same person just because of the name? it was not given “in honor of him” know it.

censorship must be done in a conscious way. it would be crazy, don’t spam this kind of thinking so useless. jesse McCree “developer” isn’t the Overwatch cowboy.

5 Likes

People seems to not understand, that this was not my idea, nor other players…

Well his first name is actually Joel.

Yes this! I relate! Redskins.

Rename him to Jimmy Savile.