A Samito video that many will get behind

I am talking about the words he spoke. It was a hypothetical situtaion where if ML7 said the exact same words people would actually praise him. This is obviously an ad hominem fallacy in a sense where you want to discredit Samito elsewhere from a different argument to dismiss his current points, but not actually dismissing the presented points.

Sure, you don’t agree with this one thing in the video. Again, doesn’t make all his points invalid.

4 Likes

he actually can most of the timesw except maybe on some maps like illios.
those are orisa maps now i agree.

the issue is that a sniper (and i onetricked widow to gm back in the day) will flank orisa or wait for the shield to break.
she is the easiest hero to headshot.

tbh big brains winstons will kill a very good widow, its all about the reaction time.

across the map? i agree, but thats a small pool of maps.

most cases you run orisa as a bunker pirate ship, which is what she does best.
considering fortify has cc immunity its absolutely normal to believe she’s a I WILL NOT MOVE hero, and thus samito’s pov is valid.
andoi agree w him considering sigma exists.

I don’t want voice chat to be enforced. Next.

4 Likes

Zman’s idea of balance is that no one in his team should die. At least not untill you finish breaking shields after shields and his E button accidentally breaks. Dps is not allowed to kill/outgun/outplay anything until they finished their main job: breaking shield

2 Likes

I figured as much. r/Overwatch and r/OverwatchUniversity are leagues better at having a fruitful discussion than here.

I’m actually somewhat impressed.

He said Doomfist needs nerfs, whom he has been maining for a long time.

I currently check r/competitiveoverwatch and r/OWuniversity. I have heard that r/overwatch is mostly just highlight clips and memes

Just checked r/overwatch and literally just that :joy:

Orisa does not keep snipers in check. It’s easier for me to play around Orisa than it is to play around Rein as sniper. Snipers thrive in passive environment where they are not contested.

PS: Orisa is also the easiest tank to headshot once you flank her.

Nerf the tank that counters my heroes! ~Samito

What a load of false equivalents.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_equivalence

Here’s an example.

Samito playing Doomfist in video.

Orisa gets nerfed, and Reinhardt returns as meta.

Reinhardt vulnerable to Doomfist.

Profit for Samito.

Weaker tanks, weaker tanking experience, even further and more boring gameplay for tanks. More tanks quit playing tank and the matchmaker gets worse.

1 Like

He also said that his favourite heroes would need nerfs in turn.

2 Likes

Don’t really care about Samito, but Reinhardt isn’t weak to doomfist anymore in the new patch. Orisa is the most boring tank to play. I’d rather throw as a tank than play her every game.

I mean, one thing is to disagree with him, another is to absolutely suck at being human.

1 Like

You would need to filter by flair, but if you only look at the front page then yeah, it’s mostly D.VA bomb multi kills.

Also nerf my heroes along with them.

Are people here so admant on proving Samito wrong that they take half an argument out of context jusy to do that?

Do explain how this is false equivalence.

1 Like

Nobody will fault you for disagreeing with the man.
But indeed, there’s no need to steep that low.

5 Likes

That’s very close to what my issue with what he said was, though.

I do not agree that heroes like Moira should consistently be better than heroes like Ana. I think every hero, high-skill or not, should have their uses, though. His wording implies that these heroes shouldn’t, in any circumstance, be better. If that’s the case, he’s counterproductive to his own point that the meta should be shaken up frequently. How would that be possible if the higher the skill and the more challenging a hero is, the more they deserve to be better than the rest?

He goes very in-depth about why high-skill should be more rewarding, but I don’t think he specifies anything that is convincing me that he TRULY believes there should be a place for these heroes. To me, that felt like a disclaimer so he won’t get attacked lol.

Like I said, I agree with most of what he said. But I’d rather there be a world where there are some circumstances where these heroes can be the optimal pick, though they shouldn’t always be. His wording leads me to believe that, “this hero is the most challenging therefore they should pretty much always be the best” which I can’t agree with.

2 Likes

He’s arguing exactly this should happen.
Though admittedly, doesn’t go into detail.

I don’t really believe that’s his argument unless he wants to further elaborate. I said it in my post above (though it’s lengthy so I don’t fault you if you didn’t read it all), but the “these heroes should have a place” felt more like a disclaimer to avoid getting flamed. It didn’t feel genuine.

About his points, I agree with:

• Orisa is way too strong and needs to be nerfed/tune down some aspect of her kit (probably Fortify)
  • We need balance patches more often
  • There are way too many things in this game that have 0 counterplay (and require little to no skill)
  • Many heroes who were favorites in the past (such as Genji) have been powercrept and aren’t viable now
  • Ana is one of the most well-designed heroes in the game

Neutral:

• Priority queue (I mean, I share the same sentiment that the system should reward flex players, but establishing a priority queue would have some implications I didn’t think about in depth so I don’t want to say I agree with it yet)

Disagree:

• Reaper’s Shadow Step is a problem. I agree that the character is a bit overturned right now, but this ability in particular isn’t a problem IMO.
  • Hardest characters are the only ones which should be meta. If this happened, the meta would rarely change. Meta DPS would always be Widow, Genji and McCree, which would be boring. We need meta diversity.

All in all, I think it is a reasonable video and at this point people are doing everything they can to find points to disagree with the guy

1 Like

Its an old video, already commented on it. Same comment applies.
Here is a TLDR for those who still havent seen it. I Just checked the video trying to no facepalm once in a while and be objective :

• Fortify is a problem (no Kappa) “makes her the better brawler tank”, WHAT?. Wants to nerf it to 20% reduction … after Armor nerfs to a 400 hp hero. Yeah this is straight up non sense.
  • Fortify shouldnt allow her to get out of grav or CC. Yeah dude, god forbid a tank can actually escape grav or not be a bouncing ball to all CC. Another non sense.
  • Priority queue: Yep. That makes sense, reward people that flex through roles. Requires check ups like I posted on my thread:
    Shorter DPS queues: Here is how
  • Consistent Balance patches: Yep. Blizzard should stop beating around the bush. He is wrong about what he points out but the concept makes sense.

Personal views about changes (oh boy):

• Reaper TP: Claims invis is a bad change. Well, the skill was the WORST in game dude and still anyone with headphones can check it so yeah nah.
  • Orb bounces: Rants about random deaths … then again its not that random.
  • Mei doesnt require skill to stop dive. Yeah dude … because she cant. She literally cant. If Dive comes back she will absolutely not stop it. She will survive the jump though but thats it.
  • New heroes lower the requirements of the game. Well mobility has to be kept in check buddy. You cant let people just do whatever and not be able to stop them with anything.
  • Proper players are punished by the system. Well this is driven by poor player education, lack of scoreboards, meta abuse … thats on Blizzard. Avoid slots basically.

That was it. Thanks for the “TED talk” Samito.

6 Likes

First 5 minutes, thinks Fortify is the reason Orisa is broken. Turned it off after that. This is also the guy that complains about current Brigitte, and Mercy egirl jump.

2 Likes